I also have no idea what to wear for the marathon, which is very unlike me. I don't think I'll wear shorts... but is it going to be too warm for long sleeves?? Is it a faux pas to re-wear a shirt made for another rD weekend? Maybe I should get a sparkle skirt?

I picked out my sparkle skirt (the kind that has no attached shorts) and a short sleeve shirt. I'm going to pack shorts, capris, and long pants so morning of I can decide on what goes under my skirt. Same for packing a long sleeve to go under my shirt if needed. Basically, gonna overpack.
And not a faux pas about another RD shirt...that just shows you are super cool because you've rundisney before :)

I think it's a mistake to use last year's bib distribution as a guide for determining field size, particularly the Dopey bib distribution. From 2015-2017, the range for Dopey bibs averaged just under 8,000 (low was 7,737 in 2015, high was 8,127 in 2016). Last year's anniversary Dopey was 9,516. Just going back to norms would be a huge drop.

I took a look at how my bib number would compare to the 2016 & 2017. In both years, my bib would fall in the last 10-20% of corral B. Assuming DopeyBadger's conversion is accurate (and it seems to have held up), my POT for this year would have me missing corral B in both years by less than a minute. Alas, I don't have personal history in those years to back it up.

The conclusion I would draw from that it's consistent with the Dopey field not selling out and being smaller than previous years, but it's far from definitive and doesn't necessarily point to a dramatic drop in participation. Of course, that's just one data point from the earlier corrals.

When charities and TAs are looking to literally dump bibs there is an issue. This is a down year for marathon weekend.
An issue in what? Yes, races didn't sell out similar to 2017 and they are down compared to 2018's sell out, but is that considered "down" by them? We don't have numbers and data and I wouldn't base it all on TAs and charities discounting their unsold bibs. Maybe some of them over bought with high hopes based on 2018 selling out. Yes, there will be less runners this year compared to 2018, but there are still thousands that will be there. We don't have the actual data to say if it's down in their terms or not is all I'm saying. We can assume things is all.

Hopefully the corrals are released soon and we’ll actually know how many people are running
We won't know how many actually are running as there are always blank bibs left all over. For Dark Side a few years ago my brother and I put in all sorts of info and there were blanks left at the end or beginning of ranges. So, even if there is number 7500 for the marathon that doesn't equal 7500 marathoners registered.

lso ... does anyone have a chart of corrals for the 10K from last year? I dont remember if they do an official one, but an unofficial would be good too. Just trying to get a vague idea of where I will be, assuming corrals dont change too significantly.
There won't be a 10k corral chart unless it changes this year.

Spectator Question... Is it realistic to have my husband spectate in DHS and then make it to the finish line in time to see me finish? I'm guessing I should for sure be <45 min between the 2 spots. How does one get from DHS to the finish line? Take the Epcot bus?

I also have no idea what to wear for the marathon, which is very unlike me. I don't think I'll wear shorts... but is it going to be too warm for long sleeves?? Is it a faux pas to re-wear a shirt made for another rD weekend? Maybe I should get a sparkle skirt?

That would be hard I think. Traffic is slower with the races so I can't see him making it there in 45 minutes by bus to see you. Studios bus stop is a longer walk now to just to get too. We run on the walking path so that's going to be congested. The boats I think don't run during the races. What's more important to see him at? I would have him pick that one and just do it. The pick me up at Studios would be great seeing him I would think. Then he can get to the finish area when he can to meet you in the post area.

I'm wearing skirts and tanks I made. If it's cold I'll have arm sleeves I can easily remove if I get too hot. If it's really really cold as in teens I'll have tights. You could do a short sleeve and arm sleeves to easily remove. Never wrong to re-wear outfits, I have.

Last edited:
Just to clarify - waivers are not available yet, right? We are all just getting our numbers from the tracking site?

I am doing Goofy - 30xxx - my guess is corral C but with what a lot of people are commenting about low numbers I might get bumped up to B.

Just to clarify - waivers are not available yet, right? We are all just getting our numbers from the tracking site?

I am doing Goofy - 30xxx - my guess is corral C but with what a lot of people are commenting about low numbers I might get bumped up to B.
Correct no waivers or corral charts are out yet. Just tracking went live this morning.

An issue in what? Yes, races didn't sell out similar to 2017 and they are down compared to 2018's sell out, but is that considered "down" by them. We don't have numbers and data and I wouldn't base it all on TAs and charities discounting their unsold bibs. Maybe some of them over bought with high hopes based on 2018 selling out. Yes, there will be less runners this year compared to 2018, but there are still thousands that will be there. We don't have the actual data to say if it's down in their terms or not is all I'm saying. We can assume things is all.
Ok wait until the corrals are out to see the fields. Just because we don't have public data doesn't mean info doesn't exist. This is down even by 2017 standards. 2018 is not something you can compare it too due to the nature of that event weekend. I am not just assuming all the time.

I got my number from the tracking site. As for corral assignments, I'm expecting the recent trend towards corrals assignments being based on fixed times (ie. corral C including anyone with POT 4:01-4:30). The lower bib numbers are just an indication of field size.

Ok wait until the corrals are out to see the fields. Just because we don't have public data doesn't mean info doesn't exist. This is down even by 2017 standards. 2018 is not something you can compare it too due to the nature of that event weekend. I am not just assuming all the time.
Corrals have blank numbers in them. Not every number is taken in the ranges. I get there will be less this time. Do you have the break even points or caps they set for the races? No, so it's all assuming it's 'down' for them.

Happy bib number day! Hopefully we get the corral breakdowns soon.

@run.minnie.miles I have no idea what I’m wearing for any race yet. I’m thinking shorts/skirt for the half/full with a tee or tank. I’ll add arm warmers if needed. I’m a very hot sweaty runner even when it is cold out.

Corrals have blank numbers in them. Not every number is taken in the ranges. I get there will be less this time. Do you have the break even points or caps they set for the races? No, so it's all assuming it's 'down' for them.
Ok here is my question for you. Do you think this race weekend sold well? Also what do you consider down?

Obviously we won't see eye to eye on this anyways.

A
That would be hard I think. Traffic is slower with the races so I can't see him making it there in 45 minutes by bus to see you. Studios bus stop is a longer walk now to just to get too. We run on the walking path so that's going to be congested. The boats I think don't run during the races. What's more important to see him at? I would have him pick that one and just do it. The pick me up at Studios would be great seeing him I would think. Then he can get to the finish area when he can to meet you in the post area.

I'm wearing skirts and tanks I made. If it's cold I'll have arm sleeves I can easily remove if I get too hot. If it's really really cold as in teens I'll have tights. You could do a short sleeve and arm sleeves to easily remove. Never wrong to re-wear outfits, I have.

I agree with this. I'm going to have my husband be at the studios because I think that will be a great moment for a pick me up. Plus he can ride rides, and keep himself entertained while waiting for me. Then he'll take an uber over to Epcot parking lot. If he gets there in time to see me finish, great. If not, we'll just meet up afterward in the family meet up area. It takes runners some time to get from the finish line to the meet up area and it's a long finisher chute so I'm pretty sure he can get there in that amount of time. Plus, I'm slow so that will help too. Ideally, he'll have time to purchase a beer to greet me with :)

I have a sparkle skits and a short sleeved shirt that I'm planning on wearing. I'll pack multiple legging options so I can adjust as needed for the weather. I'll also have arm sleeves and a long sleeved shirt that I can add to the outfit if needed.

Ok here is my question for you. Do you think this race weekend sold well? Also what do you consider down?

Obviously we won't see eye to eye on this anyways.
I can't answer the sold well because I don't know the caps, profits, etc. There's a lot more that goes into knowing if it sold well than we can see from the outside. It doesn't matter what I consider down because I'm not them. Yes, it's down racers compared to last year. Compared to 2017 we don't know. I guess my thing is it's better to phrase things with I think and in my opinion instead of as broad statements meaning I have facts.

So, if I'm adding correctly from bib numbers last year for Marathon, Goofy and Dopey there were 26,893. This year the same totals are 16,755.

That's really quick math on my part, but if accurate that's a massive drop.

ETA: Dopey is very close to the same. The big drops were the marathon and Goofy. Oops, ETA again there was also a pretty significant drop in Dopey too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter