Looks like my year may look like
March Shamrock shuffle 8k
May Chicago spring half PR attempt
August Naperville sprint triathlon (my first)
Maybe 5k PR attempts in the fall
Maybe run Chicago fall half to complete the challenge for more bling
HC 15k cause 5 years legacy medal
And then see what 2020 has in store that I need to train for :)

So my training for getting to that spring half will start in the near future.

I’ve decided not to race much this year and enjoy running without the stress of having to get runs in. I have one definitely on my radar- a 5K that will honor a local police officer who passed away from a mystery illness in 2018. I went to high school with him and his wife, and cheered with her too, so this will be a great opportunity to honor him.

My husband has informed me he’s registering me for the Seashore 50K in Virginia Beach in December... we will see about that.

I’ll also be crewing my husband during his races, which I’ve never done. I’m looking forward to his schedule so I’ll list those since I’m living vicariously through him:
February- Light 2 Light 50M (OBX, I’m either crewing or volunteering at an aid station)
March- Shamrock Marathon (VB, VA)
April- Long Creek 60K (VB)
May- UROC 100K (somewhere in the VA mountains near Wintergreen)
And finally, NYC Marathon! The one I’m most excited to attend!

SAFD- I'm going to spend most of the year trying to lose the weight that crept up on me during Dopey training and working on getting a little faster. I'm planning to just do a couple of local races. Probably a 4 miler in March, a 5K in June and a 10K in September.

For marathon weekend 2020, we're going to make it a family trip so I'll either do the 5K or 10K and my husband will do whichever one I don't. Although, the half is tempting because I love running on Main St. But definitely only 1 race.

Sundays are for Disney:

I'm planning on running an April-May Half trying to get a new PoT for next year Dopey and possibly a fall half, but mainly I'm just looking to get my running back to where I'm having fun and making gains. Running is still much more about trying to get in shape and feel good about myself than it is about about PRs and race results for me. There was a short period a few years ago where I was feeling pretty good about myself and became more focused on the achievement side of running, but I haven't been there in a while. It's my goal to get back to feeling good enough about myself and my fitness to be able to shift my focus to those goals.

I was ready to retire Sundays are for Disney, but it looks like there are a few people still posting on this thread, so I'll do one more:

What are your running plans for the next year (including, if applicable, marathon weekend 2020)?

I am signed up for a half next weekend, and that's my only running event right now. Our running club is looking into a group trip for the Bakersfield marathon in November. That might be race #2 and good prep for Dopey 2020.

Sundays are for Disney:

My plans for the year are a bit up in the air right now. I cap off an extremely busy four months of races next weekend at the Light 2 Light 50 Miler (hoping to see @apdebord there) and don’t currently have anything on the schedule after that. I’m feeling like I’m in need of and due for a bit of a break, but if you read my avatar slogan you probably can tell I don’t really do breaks well.

Depending on how I feel after next weekend, I’ll probably run either the Tobacco Road Half or Full Marathon in March. It’s local and one of my nearby favorites. Beyond that, I’m also deciding whether to enter the lotteries for New York or Marine Corps or just wait and try Space Coast. A decision also needs to be made on Marathon Weekend 2020. That would most likely be Dopey. The FOMO from “just” doing Goofy doesn’t sit well with me after this past race weekend.

Decisions, decisions...

I just signed up for the Nebraska Marathon in September because if it was before last night you get a free bonus training shirt mailed in April. I love Gimmicks. This one is like 5 years old, a new date that works perfect for me, and I've only read good things about it and how they really work to improve anything unlike the awful Omaha one last fall (Yes, we have 3 marathons in a row, lots of drama of why, hopefully one will shine and become the premiere event to bring more people in). Not sure on 2020 weekend as much as I want to do Goofy again as I'm planning on Wine & Dine for sure this year.

The FOMO from “just” doing Goofy doesn’t sit well with me after this past race weekend.
That's funny. I totally thought I would feel Dopey FOMO, but never did & loved just Goofy. But then I loved just the marathon last year.

What are your running plans for the next year (including, if applicable, marathon weekend 2020)?
2019 Running Plans:
Training for the Star Wars Half scheduled 4/7. I'm using a "modified" Higdon Plan having just wrapped up Marathon Weekend. After that, running will have to be put on hold as I need to have a bone spur removed from the back of my right heel. That has been the source of my heel and achilles pains. I'm hoping to get that done shortly after the Star Wars 1/2.
I'm not fully sure of the complete recovery time, but my ultimate goal later in the year will be to get ready for the 2020 Marathon Weekend running the 10K and 1/2 marathon.

SAFD:
I spent all of last year busting my butt trying to get guaranteed entry for a the United Airlines NYC Half (3/17) and TCS NYC Marathon (11/3), so that's what I have on my schedule for right now. I'm doing a challenge as part of my facebook running group that requires me to run at least one half marathon distance run per month (can be race or training run, and can also be longer than a half ... so my marathon counted), and I may do some of those as races because I like shiny things. But so far I have nothing on the schedule between March and November.

Marathon Weekend 2020 isn't happening for me, but I'm really hoping I can make the Princess Half work next year. I wanted to do it this year, but the travel agent I was gonna use sold out of discounted half bibs, so ... I'll have to wait.

Running plans for this year:

I’m only currently registered for one race, the Zion Half Marathon in February. I’ve been looking forward to it since I heard about it at the Grand Canyon Half Marathon in 2016, but I had to wait two years to sign up because I wanted to run the original course, which it returns to this year. I love the Vacation Races National Park series as much as Run Disney and I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a runcation.

Possible other races include the Cap10K and the Dark Side Half, which take place on the same day. No plans beyond that, other than training for the WDW Half 2020!

Wine & Dine Half with my Daughter in November. So running with her over the summer re:training and a local 10K for her POT.
Boulder Boulder- my favorite non run Disney race!
Maybe the Colfax 10miler- for another Disney POT for the full.
And if I can sweet talk my way into Marathon weekend 2020 (after being there in Nov for Wine&Dine) 2020 Marathon.
I had SO MUCH FUN during the Marathon as part of Dopey- I am looking forward to "just doing the Marathon" soon.

I was ready to retire Sundays are for Disney, but it looks like there are a few people still posting on this thread, so I'll do one more:

I'm officially retiring from the "Marathon Weekend 2019" thread and setting up camp [Actually the stakes are in the ground already] on the "Marathon Weekend 2020" thread. Just wanted to thank you for initiating and maintaining the "SAFD" posts! I give you credit for coming up with different, unique and fun questions every week for the past 52+ weeks! Best of luck with your running in 2019.

SAFD:
It is a bit challenging for me to let go of the thread because it is hard for me to let go of my race experience, and the constant rehashing feeds into 2019 race planning. I had so much fun running my first half, and I want to do it again. My time was 37 minutes slower than I anticipated for my slowest possible finish, so there will be another half in 2019.
Because it was so much fun, I’m planning for wine and dine if family and work obligations can be arranged. Also, I have an AP burning a hole in my wallet! Reflecting on my race, I have 3 clear points of improvement, and 2 of them are not likely to be improved for W&D so I am looking at 2 in my town. Slacking on training runs was one of my downfalls and I am concerned the last two weeks may be an indication of what winter training will be so I am planning to train for a late March half and decide in March if I want to do the half or the 10k (although I am also doubtful a trail race is a safe choice at that time of year here). I am planning on a June half, and hoping for a PR as there should be time to get in a full calendar of long runs, but I have some concerns about weather that I can’t control. I am excited to move into the half distance and see if it is a good challenge or just too much to fit into the rest of life.

SAFD: I'm planning on mostly shorter, more fun races this year and focusing more on losing weight and training. I have the Texas Rangers 5k in April that runs ends on the field, the Universal Studios Hollywood 5k in May, Five on the Fourth 5 miler on July 4th, either the Chicago Half Marathon in September or The Colony TX Half Marathon in October, they will likely have a Dallas Mavericks 5k in November, the Jingle Bell Run 5k in December, Dopey in January and then I'm also looking at the 36k challenge at Disneyland Paris later that year. And if our local architects association in Dallas has any more 5k training runs with free beer and food, I will happily join those.

I’ve got 4 10-milers planned in 4 different New England states in februrary (might tack on the 5k and make this one a half), April, June, and November.

Eyeing the 2020 marathon weekend and the marathon....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter