Does anyone have a recommendation for Bluetooth headphones that are meant for running (rain and sweat don't bother them) and that have a battery life of 5 hours? I had a set on Anker's that I used in last year's Marathon, but they died about a month later. I then picked up another pair that has been good, but only has a battery life of about 2.5 hours. I am trying to improve my time, but I just don't see myself getting through the Marathon in 2.5 hours:lmao:. I typically will only use one earbud for pacing or if I want to catch up on a podcast. I figure if I get them this month, I'll have plenty of time to get used to them before race day. I am one of those people that needs to wear/use an item an item for at least a few weeks of training runs before I will wear/use it on raceday.

Thanks in advance for any help.
I love my AirPods. Case is a charger as well so I was able to charge them while I rode EE during the marathon. I believe the battery life is 5 hours on a single charge. Super comfortable and sound quality is excellent.

I use PowerBeats which have never been an issue for me. I have the 2nd generation so lower batter life but the 3rd generation I think has 10 hour battery life.

I love my AirPods. Case is a charger as well so I was able to charge them while I rode EE during the marathon. I believe the battery life is 5 hours on a single charge. Super comfortable and sound quality is excellent.

I second the AirPods if you have an iPhone or Apple Watch. The case is small and light enough that I carry it, but I have gotten over 5 hours on a single charge. When you do need to charge, you'll get to 50% or better charge in just a couple of minutes. Like any headphones size will matter. If you are ok with Apples wired buds these will be better. I always had an issue of accidentally catching the cord while running, not with the AirPods.

I used to have JawBone's in-ear head phones and they were fine. Two things I didn't like is my ears would get tired or hurt after an hour and they blocked too much ambient sound.

Two things I didn't like is my ears would get tired or hurt after an hour and they blocked too much ambient sound.
Same for me! I also have the BeatsX which at first kept falling out but then I realized I didn't have them in properly. After I figured it out, they still weren't as comfortable as the AirPods.

Related question: does anyone anyone have wired earbuds that they recommend? Preferably ones that have song/volume controls that will work with an android phone. I have an old-school ipod that doesnt have bluetooth and I would really like to be able to use the same earbuds for both that and my phone (my samsung earbuds were great, but I think too much water dumped on my head during races killed them)

Related question: does anyone anyone have wired earbuds that they recommend? Preferably ones that have song/volume controls that will work with an android phone. I have an old-school ipod that doesnt have bluetooth and I would really like to be able to use the same earbuds for both that and my phone (my samsung earbuds were great, but I think too much water dumped on my head during races killed them)
Bose SoundSport.

I love the Aftershokz Trekz Titanium and Aftershokz Trekz Air headphones. They are very comfortable, don't block your ears so you can hear your surroundings for safety and have a battery life in the 7-8+ hour range.

I recently bought the Trekz Air and, although pricey, really like them. Please be aware that these are "bone-conduction" headphones that do not play audible music directly into your ear. It's sorta weird at first...if you plug your ears with your fingers they sound louder.

They pair very easily with my Garmin watch and will outlive the Garmin battery on a long run if you are also using GPS.

I love the Aftershokz Trekz Titanium and Aftershokz Trekz Air headphones. They are very comfortable, don't block your ears so you can hear your surroundings for safety and have a battery life in the 7-8+ hour range.

Do you prefer the Titanium or Air? Trying to determine which to get...

Do you prefer the Titanium or Air? Trying to determine which to get...

The Air are a very significant improvement over the Titanium in both comfort and sound quality. I've had two pairs of the Titanium and loved them, but wouldn't go back now that I have the Air. It's more a matter of whether you're willing to fork over the extra $$$ for the Air.

The Air are a very significant improvement over the Titanium in both comfort and sound quality. I've had two pairs of the Titanium and loved them, but wouldn't go back now that I have the Air. It's more a matter of whether you're willing to fork over the extra $$$ for the Air.

Thank you!

I love my YurBuds. 1. They're cheap - I try to buy when Target puts them on sale. 2. They're mostly indestructible - I run in them all summer, when it's either pouring rain or me pouring water over my head - and no loss of good sound. 3. Excellent sound quality, with plenty of bass: a MUST for me. 4. They fit securely and comfortably in my tiny ears.

Does anyone have a recommendation for Bluetooth headphones that are meant for running (rain and sweat don't bother them) and that have a battery life of 5 hours? I had a set on Anker's that I used in last year's Marathon, but they died about a month later. I then picked up another pair that has been good, but only has a battery life of about 2.5 hours. I am trying to improve my time, but I just don't see myself getting through the Marathon in 2.5 hours:lmao:. I typically will only use one earbud for pacing or if I want to catch up on a podcast. I figure if I get them this month, I'll have plenty of time to get used to them before race day. I am one of those people that needs to wear/use an item an item for at least a few weeks of training runs before I will wear/use it on raceday.

I will go on record not loving the Aftershokz. I don’t dislike them. Just not loving them. I bought them for my wife. She got the Air. When trying them out in the store, I thought the Air was much better than the Titanium in quality and weight. I have taken her Air’s out on several runs and a few things bothered me. I do love the idea of not having anything in my ears but for me it was weird. Some things I can hear really well like someone closing a car door - which sorta startled me and other things like people’s conversations I could not hear. That might be something you just need to get used to. Also, they were not all that comfortable for me as I have run with earbuds forever and I am used to earbuds. Again, maybe over time I would be ok with them. And finally, while the sound quality was amazing considering they don’t go in your ears, they still do not sound as good as my Jaybird X3’s. The X3’s are advertised as being sweatproof and 8 hours of battery life.

Last edited:
I love my YurBuds. 1. They're cheap - I try to buy when Target puts them on sale. 2. They're mostly indestructible - I run in them all summer, when it's either pouring rain or me pouring water over my head - and no loss of good sound. 3. Excellent sound quality, with plenty of bass: a MUST for me. 4. They fit securely and comfortably in my tiny ears.
I can second this. I wear the women’s version (small ears here too) and they have never fallen out.

I have PowerBeats 3 and Bose SoundSport Wireless. Both hold a charge for a really long time. The sound with the Bose is better than the Beats and that’s about all I give them credit for. I am a very sweaty runner so the Bose tend to slip around in the ear and fall out on long runs. The Beats wrap around your ear and stay put. I wear sunglasses and a hat/visor with no issues. I can’t wear my Bose with cold weather gear like hats and headbands that cover the ear because they stick out too much. My Beats have literally been dropped, stepped on and glued back together and are still going strong.

I had yurbuds for years but my last pair died pretty quickly. Also, I keep losing the silicone things. But I'm thinking about getting another pair.

I have PowerBeats 3 and Bose SoundSport Wireless. Both hold a charge for a really long time. The sound with the Bose is better than the Beats and that’s about all I give them credit for. I am a very sweaty runner so the Bose tend to slip around in the ear and fall out on long runs. The Beats wrap around your ear and stay put. I wear sunglasses and a hat/visor with no issues. I can’t wear my Bose with cold weather gear like hats and headbands that cover the ear because they stick out too much. My Beats have literally been dropped, stepped on and glued back together and are still going strong.
Yep, the around the ear aspect is what I like about the Beats the most. I listen to mostly podcasts while running so the song quality isn't too big of a deal for me.

Love my Trekz Titanium. I have tiny ear canals and most buds don't stay in plus a piercing that gets in the way. I love that I can hear my surroundings. I live in the country and don't know if I've ever run by anyone having a conversation I wanted/needed to listen to. That said, for podcasts it can be difficult to hear some of them depending upon their recording quality due to traffic noise. Music however is not a problem at all.

I also use Aftershokz Trekz Titanium and absolutely love them! I like the fact that I can hear whats going on around me and even have conversations with run partners while having some light background music.
They can get overpowered by heavy traffic noise but I haven't been terribly bothered by that.
While I can't vouch that they are completely rain proof but i have used them in light rain and they survived that along with my excessive head moisture.
I will can also confirm that 7-8 hour battery life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter