Marathon Weekend 2020

Which is the lightsaber building? Also, do they offer the option to ship the lightsaber you build home for you? I've been toying with the idea of building a lightsaber to serve as part of a medal display for my SW medals, but am worried about getting it home on the plane.

Savi’s=Lightsaber
Oga’s=Cantina

ETA: Not sure on the shipping part. The blades can be removed from the lightsaber making them easier to transport, but I’d guess if they did help set up shipping that it would be at a Disney-level cost.

After a few crashes, I just got Oga's for October 9 for my husband and me!

Savi’s=Lightsaber
Oga’s=Cantina

ETA: Not sure on the shipping part. The blades can be removed from the lightsaber making them easier to transport, but I’d guess if they did help set up shipping that it would be at a Disney-level cost.

Thanks! I'm excited now! Got a reservation to go do this on Wednesday before hitting the Expo. It'll be a nice excuse to delay going over to the Expo. Also, for anyone else on the fence due to transportation concerns, the lightsabers come with a TSA approved carrying case for transportation home.

Now what if the marathon course gets close to Oga's. We probably won't know until December when course maps are released but I wonder if it is worth trying to time an Oga's reservation with an anticipated mile 23 time. Generally at mile 23 all I want to do is keep moving forward and finish the darn thing. Epcot is the victory lap and time for beverage but Oga's COULD be possible, depending. Very tempting.

Is it the standard 180 day window for WDW on these things? I will have done them at Disneyland before marathon weekend, but Star Wars Race weekend is pretty important for obvious reasons.

Which is the lightsaber building? Also, do they offer the option to ship the lightsaber you build home for you?
Savi's Custom Built Lightsabers is the name on that one. TSA precheck has stated that lightsabers can be carried on. This was cleared up prior to opening at Disneyland. I will be surprised if they don't offer shipping to home. In January, I was able to have an item shipped home when I found that I didn't have room in my luggage for it.

Now what if the marathon course gets close to Oga's. We probably won't know until December when course maps are released but I wonder if it is worth trying to time an Oga's reservation with an anticipated mile 23 time. Generally at mile 23 all I want to do is keep moving forward and finish the darn thing. Epcot is the victory lap and time for beverage but Oga's COULD be possible, depending. Very tempting.
I do wanna say that service is kind of slow in Oga's (at least at Disneyland), so it would be a risky stop if that is the case at WDW. I guess the bonus to WDW is that you can probably leave with a drink, whereas at DL you have to consume it onsite.

Actually I'm not sure you could. They stop you at Epcot during F&W if you're leaving with an alcoholic beverage, so I would guess you couldn't leave Studios with one. The Epcot drink is different (I guess) because you're just going to the finish line and not out into a public area once you exit the park.

Booked a cantina breakfast reservation for my departure day after marathon weekend. Even if I don't manage to get one at Disneyland later this month, I now when I am guaranteed to experience the Cantina. It's going to take me a few visits to get through the non alcoholic beverages there I can have since I don't drink. But excuses to go back are a good thing.

Actually I'm not sure you could. They stop you at Epcot during F&W if you're leaving with an alcoholic beverage, so I would guess you couldn't leave Studios with one. The Epcot drink is different (I guess) because you're just going to the finish line and not out into a public area once you exit the park.
I meant the Cantina, not the park.

Which is the lightsaber building? Also, do they offer the option to ship the lightsaber you build home for you? I've been toying with the idea of building a lightsaber to serve as part of a medal display for my SW medals, but am worried about getting it home on the plane.
Savi’s. TSA and the airlines for the most part will allow them on the planes. Disneyland has not allowed shipping.

I left Animal Kingdom with a beer the last two Marathons - no hassle. I left Hollywood Studios with a beer during Marathon this year and no hassle. I brought a beer from Boardwalk into Epcot the last four years during Marathon - again, no hassle. They defo turn a blind eye to this kind of stuff during the Marathon for runners. I've even asked security people if I need to toss it and they have just waved me off and tell me I'm doing great.

I left Animal Kingdom with a beer the last two Marathons - no hassle. I left Hollywood Studios with a beer during Marathon this year and no hassle. I brought a beer from Boardwalk into Epcot the last four years during Marathon - again, no hassle. They defo turn a blind eye to this kind of stuff during the Marathon for runners. I've even asked security people if I need to toss it and they have just waved me off and tell me I'm doing great.

But heaven forbid you bring some beverages out for your friends running the 10K!

Oops, I’m behind again! Where/how can I book Ogas Cantina? We’ll be there in November and January, would like to get in to see things as we just missed passjolder previews by two days.

I tried yesterday for Ogas and had a reservation for Saturday before it kicked me out. Then I tried yesterday evening and there were no times left for any daya of my marathon weekend trip. I will look again today.

I did book an appointment for droid depot. I may or may not cancel it. We'll see. I want a lightsaber too, but the price is too steep for me

I didn’t get to try for Oga’s until around 6pm last night so if course nothing was available. I tried when I woke up today at 430am and was able to snag a 9am on Sunday. I also saw a 5pm available sat night. Very excited since we planning on spending all day at DHS Sunday.

I tried yesterday for Ogas and had a reservation for Saturday before it kicked me out. Then I tried yesterday evening and there were no times left for any daya of my marathon weekend trip. I will look again today.

I did book an appointment for droid depot. I may or may not cancel it. We'll see. I want a lightsaber too, but the price is too steep for me

Just got on and there was availability on Friday the 10th (breakfast and lunch, didn't check dinner), so I snagged a breakfast. I just want to try the blue milk, so might as well try it first thing in the morning!

I tried several times to book it last night and I picked a time and then I'd get the message that they couldn't complete the order. I tried the phones and the circuits were busy. So I checked late last night and all of the times were booked. Tried again this morning and I was able to get it for next month, December and January 8.

Magical!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter