Marathon Weekend 2020

Since I have serious FOMO, I wasn't going to do Oga's but ended up trying to do a ressie for Jan 13th yesterday. Multiple crashes, etc...nothing. Went back in this morning and got exactly the time that kept crashing out on me yesterday, plus lots more availability.

Not sure if I'll end up keeping it - i need to check in with my running friends to see if they want it. We were going to avoid the craziness of SWGE....

Last edited:
I tried yesterday for Ogas and had a reservation for Saturday before it kicked me out. Then I tried yesterday evening and there were no times left for any daya of my marathon weekend trip. I will look again today.

I did book an appointment for droid depot. I may or may not cancel it. We'll see. I want a lightsaber too, but the price is too steep for me
More spots opened this morning.

No luck getting Oga's for our trip at the end of next month, but I got an 11:30 ADR for Monday Jan. 13th if anyone wants to join me for a beer before DATW!

Didn't even try for the droid thing or the lightsaber thing - those prices are :scared1:

I have ours for 11:40, so I'll see you there! My thought was to end HS with Oga's and then head to Epcot for DATW! :rotfl2:

Even better...I booked my Marathon week air yesterday!!! Price was too good to pass up :)
Thanks for posting this. Although it’s for a different trip (Wine&Dine), I keep checking prices for my return trip, and finally this morning SW was down $60 from what it has been for the time I wanted - which makes it cheaper than other airlines.

Thanks for posting this. Although it’s for a different trip (Wine&Dine), I keep checking prices for my return trip, and finally this morning SW was down $60 from what it has been for the time I wanted - which makes it cheaper than other airlines.

Great that you were able to find good air too! I had a big internal debate over mine since the fare I booked prohibits me from having a carry on for my flight to MCO, but I'm going to make the most of my one personal item and fly in running gear just in case I have an issue with my checked bag. I don't love it...but it's so much cheaper than the alternatives.

I left Animal Kingdom with a beer the last two Marathons - no hassle. I left Hollywood Studios with a beer during Marathon this year and no hassle. I brought a beer from Boardwalk into Epcot the last four years during Marathon - again, no hassle. They defo turn a blind eye to this kind of stuff during the Marathon for runners. I've even asked security people if I need to toss it and they have just waved me off and tell me I'm doing great.

THAT is useful info!

Well, I made my reservation to get my $18 cocktail at Oga’s. Jan. 11 at 2:15.
I would recommend:

The Outer Rim - $16
Patrón Silver Tequila, Cedilla Açaí Liqueur, Lime Juice, and Pure Cane Sugar topped with Black Salt and Exotic Fruit Purée
pRSREeWvT-hVEsaJxpDtnwy50r_Bzdq-GOyd_T3JRjfazUYxH09XtwlEOlD_DqVkhOppuStpKvcZ1DsGPf8EA5KJwY-VLx5MWCwCd8YXeaXLjBmsGB1iIww4JSHT51xqWd7gT69ZgA=w500

Yub Nub - $42

Malibu Pineapple Rum, Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum, Citrus Juices, and Passion Fruit served in a souvenir Endor mug
LE3F-d7e28ZJ2f_hT9TQ-3KYfL9b9NFPAgL5vZUcqOGUduIoh6-V7mjzALvJnEX9nxKKF-9KrZ5OZuuPIcN35jj9QrfK0fgkKUoP05KiLvM62syfdM2_32r2thYju4smdDB5IIR91w=w700

I would not recommend:

Dagobah Slug Slinger - $15

Herradura Reposado Tequila, Bols Blue Curaçao, Citrus Juices, Ginger, Herbs, and Bitters
KV6AYx1uJWQzPrTv04Ey63RIZkL0qiL-MZmkfnkdOMvePH-9H0FFrRToe5MKmyKs94_TcT6izxtKeL5JVZuCGWxk4WEtDt4jIJ1gl_QGEu_1XD6Vcq4GlUOndKvqUPvNtJPQaPYt9g=w500

Blue Bantha - $13
Blue Milk served chilled with Bantha-inspired Vanilla-Butter Sugar Cookie
Qcn7OgF3nIUOnxhXo8aNpUKTmpmNEdqwU9QMifid4ZMyf-RWAiU9efDfPXiB_ennP8DlzjklDsD8Grc1QX2neYd2vs_L87YGMr0q22QdZ2EY6dQJud5X42WjiBrkZRP6eJ6NXxPBbQ=w500

(Disclaimer: I like the Blue Milk but the cookie wasn't worth the price increase when you can get it from the Milk Stand for $7.99 and my 7 year old didn't like it.)

I would recommend:

The Outer Rim - $16
Patrón Silver Tequila, Cedilla Açaí Liqueur, Lime Juice, and Pure Cane Sugar topped with Black Salt and Exotic Fruit Purée
pRSREeWvT-hVEsaJxpDtnwy50r_Bzdq-GOyd_T3JRjfazUYxH09XtwlEOlD_DqVkhOppuStpKvcZ1DsGPf8EA5KJwY-VLx5MWCwCd8YXeaXLjBmsGB1iIww4JSHT51xqWd7gT69ZgA=w500

Yub Nub - $42
Malibu Pineapple Rum, Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum, Citrus Juices, and Passion Fruit served in a souvenir Endor mug
LE3F-d7e28ZJ2f_hT9TQ-3KYfL9b9NFPAgL5vZUcqOGUduIoh6-V7mjzALvJnEX9nxKKF-9KrZ5OZuuPIcN35jj9QrfK0fgkKUoP05KiLvM62syfdM2_32r2thYju4smdDB5IIR91w=w700

I would not recommend:

Dagobah Slug Slinger - $15
Herradura Reposado Tequila, Bols Blue Curaçao, Citrus Juices, Ginger, Herbs, and Bitters
KV6AYx1uJWQzPrTv04Ey63RIZkL0qiL-MZmkfnkdOMvePH-9H0FFrRToe5MKmyKs94_TcT6izxtKeL5JVZuCGWxk4WEtDt4jIJ1gl_QGEu_1XD6Vcq4GlUOndKvqUPvNtJPQaPYt9g=w500

Blue Bantha - $13
Blue Milk served chilled with Bantha-inspired Vanilla-Butter Sugar Cookie
Qcn7OgF3nIUOnxhXo8aNpUKTmpmNEdqwU9QMifid4ZMyf-RWAiU9efDfPXiB_ennP8DlzjklDsD8Grc1QX2neYd2vs_L87YGMr0q22QdZ2EY6dQJud5X42WjiBrkZRP6eJ6NXxPBbQ=w500

(Disclaimer: I like the Blue Milk but the cookie wasn't worth the price increase when you can get it from the Milk Stand for $7.99 and my 7 year old didn't like it.)

That Endor mug is dope, but do you know how much Busch Latte I could get with $42??

Since I have serious FOMO, I wasn't going to do Oga's but ended up trying to do a ressie for Jan 13th yesterday. Multiple crashes, etc...nothing. Went back in this morning and got exactly the time that kept crashing out on me yesterday, plus lots more availability.

Not sure if I'll end up keeping it - i need to check in with my running friends to see if they want it. We were going to avoid the craziness of SWGE....

I'm glad I saw this. With all of the crashes and glitichiness yesterday, I gave up on getting Oga's reservations. But checked after seeing your post and got the time I wanted.

PSA: Southwest flights should be available next Thursday (unless they push it again).

Question: My wife is a teacher, running the half, and would prefer to fly down Friday when school is out which would have her arrive after the expo closes for the day. I am doing Dopey so will fly down Wednesday. Can I pick up her bib with a copy of her license? I registered for her so I see it in my runDisney account. If not, she might just have to get sick on Friday ;-). Thanks in advance.

PSA: Southwest flights should be available next Thursday (unless they push it again).

Question: My wife is a teacher, running the half, and would prefer to fly down Friday when school is out which would have her arrive after the expo closes for the day. I am doing Dopey so will fly down Wednesday. Can I pick up her bib with a copy of her license? I registered for her so I see it in my runDisney account. If not, she might just have to get sick on Friday ;-). Thanks in advance.

Nope. They don’t let anyone else pick up bibs for others (other than minors). Just have her add practicing sounding sick on the phone to her training regimen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter