Marathon Weekend 2022

Go into the app to the photos section and enter the number sequence on the back of the bib as if it were a separate photo pass card. I did that and things synchronized fairly quickly.
FWIW, being as late in the race as I was, all of the character lines were insane and I declined to wait this morning. I hope they get a little better as the weekend progresses
If you don't mind me asking, what is your bib number? I am 1427. I imagine that I would be close to your position.

My PR Will need to be in terms of fun. I don’t even want to mention my 5K time from this morning. I was, um, pacing myself…
I will DEFINITELY get a PR this weekend! First marathon and all. :rotfl2: I previously mentioned that I really like your strategy of just enjoying the race for what it is and participating in a different half or full marathon to see how fast a time I can get.

I will DEFINITELY get a PR this weekend! First marathon and all. :rotfl2: I previously mentioned that I really like your strategy of just enjoying the race for what it is and participating in a different half or full marathon to see how fast a time I can get.

I can't emphasize that point enough. Disney produces an amazing race, you pass some great scenery, as well as some places you may typically not see. Drink it in! Enjoy yourself!

Does anyone know if there are buses running from the expo to Disney Springs? It wasn't listed in the Event Guide, but you never know.

Did anyone see the guy dressed up as Jack Sparrow in the 5k this morning? I believe he was in the front of S2. I was behind him the first mile or two. He was hilarious. He ran like Jack with the arms up and fingers pointed the whole time. Never broke character. Just watching him made the first part of the race fly by.

Does anyone know if there are buses running from the expo to Disney Springs? It wasn't listed in the Event Guide, but you never know.

I needed to go from the Expo to Disney Springs yesterday and didn't see the option. I think the best bet is to take the Saratoga Springs bus and walk into DS.

I don’t want to be dramatic and say there’s no merchandise left at the expo, but it feels like there’s almost no merchandise left at the expo… 😞 I guess there weren’t many (any?) non-clothing items to begin with, but I’m super bummed not to come away with a glass, ornament, and hat!

Selling out of items on day one of a four day expo is terrible planning. Getting it a little wrong and selling out early on day four or late on day three I get but beyond being bad for the customer it is bad for the bottom line.
I don't get this either. Did they have limits on what you could purchase? I know there are already listings on the resale sites. It seems a shame, that those arriving later for their races won't have much to chose from.

Here's my journey of the last 18-ish hours:

The ChallengeThe Result
My wife slips on a student's dry erase tablet (left on the floor) and hurts her wrist.HER LEGS ARE OKAY!!!
Our childcare for the weekend gets COVID.WE FIND ALTERNATE ARRANGEMENTS!!! (aka Thank Heaven for Grandparents.)
Our furnace starts shouting at us at 2am. No heat when we have 10 degree F temps.THE TECHNICIAN WAS OUT AT 8 AM AND WE HAVE HEAT!!!

Okay, so what is the universe trying to tell us?

A) We are not meant to run at Disney World this weekend.
B) We really need a race weekend at Disney World this weekend!

Okay, in addition to the above, so far this morning...
  • my sister took my mom to the ER for Covid,
  • I had to pick up my daughter from school because of contact tracing (she tested negative on a home test, so that's good, but can't go back to school til Tuesday),
  • and now... I just got an alert from Southwest that my flight tomorrow has been canceled.
I can't even process the last 24 hours. I also got a fraud alert that someone tried to open a credit card in my name, but that doesn't directly affect this weekend.

I'm a bit shell shocked and have no idea what to do.

Okay, in addition to the above, so far this morning...
  • my sister took my mom to the ER for Covid,
  • I had to pick up my daughter from school because of contact tracing (she tested negative on a home test, so that's good, but can't go back to school til Tuesday),
  • and now... I just got an alert from Southwest that my flight tomorrow has been canceled.
I can't even process the last 24 hours. I also got a fraud alert that someone tried to open a credit card in my name, but that doesn't directly affect this weekend.

I'm a bit shell shocked and have no idea what to do.
Wow. You are having a very rough 24 hours.
If I’m being honest, I would cancel at this point.
All of that would honestly stress me out so much.

ETA - I hope your mom recovers quickly.

From what Im reading I figure the odds of still getting a running jacket at the expo is slim to money? Large.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter