Marathon Weekend 2023

Question for the slow 10k'ers who leave the park right after the race....how long does the whole experience take?

Like what time do you wake up and what time do you get back to your hotel?

I know there will be variables give race times and characters stops, etc. Just curious what on overall estimate might be. I'm a walker, maybe sometimes jogger, so my pace is slow. My best 10k time is 90 min, I'm guessing this one might be over 2 hours with characters (from the point I actually cross the start line).

SAFD: RIP the huge rice krispie treats made on-site in the MK bakery. I used to get a bag of the "leftover balls" for the room during our visits. After those went away, I'd get one of the massive, foot-wide Mickey head treats. Unfortunately, those are all gone now...

The Karamell-Küche caramel corn is probably my current favorite. It's definitely a go-to on every trip, although they've recently introduced a cookie sandwich there with a layer of salted caramel buttercream between two fresh gingerbread cookies. It's fantastic and may take the top treat spot of it proves to have staying power.

Question for the slow 10k'ers who leave the park right after the race....how long does the whole experience take?

Like what time do you wake up and what time do you get back to your hotel?

I know there will be variables give race times and characters stops, etc. Just curious what on overall estimate might be. I'm a walker, maybe sometimes jogger, so my pace is slow. My best 10k time is 90 min, I'm guessing this one might be over 2 hours with characters (from the point I actually cross the start line).
My actual running time for the Princess 10K this year was 90 minutes, and was about 105 minutes start to finish. I caught the first bus from my resort at 3am, so I would’ve woken up about 2am. I probably caught the bus back to my resort around 8-8:15, and I was cleaned up, fed, rested, and on my way to the bus to Epcot for the day at 10:10am. I hope this helps you get an idea of timing.

Good Morning runDisney All-Stars! I hope the week has treated you well. Here is this week’s SAFD Question: What is your favorite Disney treat?

My Answer: I love treats, but both my daughters have Celiac so this limits the kinds of things we can have based on what is in it and how it is served. But Dole Whip is safe, my family loves it and it is so refreshing on a hot day. So my favorite is the Dole Whip Float, but a close second would be the Mickey Premium Bar.
My favorite Disney treat is Jai Alai
Good Morning runDisney All-Stars! I hope the week has treated you well. Here is this week’s SAFD Question: What is your favorite Disney treat? Okay

My Answer: I love treats, but both my daughters have Celiac so this limits the kinds of things we can have based on what is in it and how it is served. But Dole Whip is safe, my family loves it and it is so refreshing on a hot

I forgot about Zebra Domes!!!! They do a gluten free version. We stayed at AKL for spring surprise and my daughters bought them at the shop each day. I had them a couple times - so good!!

Ohhh!! I didn’t realize this! I’m relatively new to gluten free (had to make the change last summer) so this past trip for Springtime Surprise was my first trip down there doing GF. Had a ton of luck with meals but I definitely missed all of my old favorite snacks (Sleepy Hollow waffles… I’m looking at you…) I’ll have to remember this for when we go in January.

My favorite from that trip though was the Dole Whip flight. Really hope that’s something that’s going to be sticking around, or at least the habanero dole whip on its own!

My actual running time for the Princess 10K this year was 90 minutes, and was about 105 minutes start to finish. I caught the first bus from my resort at 3am, so I would’ve woken up about 2am. I probably caught the bus back to my resort around 8-8:15, and I was cleaned up, fed, rested, and on my way to the bus to Epcot for the day at 10:10am. I hope this helps you get an idea of timing.
Yes, thank you! I’m not looking forward to that 2am wake up call but I know it will be worth it!

I forgot about Zebra Domes!!!! They do a gluten free version. We stayed at AKL for spring surprise and my daughters bought them at the shop each day. I had them a couple times - so good!!
I must of arrived at the Mara at a bad time than that weekend as the only had the regular domes and the GF option was erin mckenna brownie bites

SAFD: I gotta go with a Disneyland churro. Warm and delicious. I’ve never had one at WDW but I hear the DL ones are better. Also love the snow capped lemon cone from Adorable snowman in DCA.
YES to DL churros! They are definitely better than the WDW ones AND they come in different flavors! TCB inFLA and I tried 9 different ones when we were there last November...in 2 days. But we shared! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter