March Check-In **Official** Thread (Start with Post #17)

My darling daughter is yapping about spending her xmas money on a light saber. Not the same thing I assume. Need to research that. I'm sure that light saber will be in the closet, not used just like the Banshees from WDW Pandora she just HAD to have.
:-) Yeah, the build-your-own lightsaber is NOT the same thing. That's at Savi's Workshop. The build-your-own droid is at the Droid Depot.

Everyone should be added to this point! Please let me know if I missed you.

My darling daughter is yapping about spending her xmas money on a light saber. Not the same thing I assume. Need to research that. I'm sure that light saber will be in the closet, not used just like the Banshees from WDW Pandora she just HAD to have.
How old is your daughter? The lightsaber building experience is as much “experience” as it is “lightsaber”, but the lightsaber you get is a very high-quality collectible. Consensus has been that it is suitable for older children who are unlikely to use the saber as a toy or treat it roughly. If your daughter is younger or is looking for something to take home and play with, Droid Depot might be a better (and cheaper) option.

Last edited:
I am planning to be at DL March 26-28. Haven’t booked yet - still trying to decide on the Marriott property to stay at. I have a free night cert. and enough points for my second night at a cat 5. I just don’t know which one to choose as I’ve never been before!

I am planning to be at DL March 26-28. Haven’t booked yet - still trying to decide on the Marriott property to stay at. I have a free night cert. and enough points for my second night at a cat 5. I just don’t know which one to choose as I’ve never been before!

Sadly, Point redemption charts for Marriott near Disneyland are awful.

The two most favorably reviewed properties seem to be the Fairfield across the street from the gate of Disneyland, and the Anaheim Marriott if you’re looking for “full service”. The latter finished a complete renovation within the last year.

Booked it! March 26-28 at the Fairfield! First trip to DL and I'm super excited!!

Question about March 23-26 Monday afternoon-Thursday. Does anyone know if they will be showing fantasmic? I wanted to do hungry bear reservations. We are almost 60 days out (yippy!!!)so we can make our reservations this week. We’ve been twice and it’s never playing while we are there. Right now it’s only showing weekends. We were hoping going during a peak time we would get to do more. Every time we go it’s an off season and there’s so many refurbishments and no shows. Isn’t spring break considered a peak time?

@matthewthompson87 thanks! I noticed that the points are high but still better than out of my pocket I guess. I appreciate the suggestion. I think I'll go with the FF as it is close by! Appreciate your thoughts.

Personally, I will take free any day and use the money saved for splurges in the park. Let's face it, anything Disney is gonna cost money, so I try to save wherever I can. To me, the room is only for sleeping and showering, so I don't look for amenities. I had enough points for: Courtyard and Fairfield Inn, both right at the entrance. Or Four Points, Residence Inn or Springfield which are a short walk. I opted against Courtyard and Residence Inn because I didn't want to use that many points (catagory 6). I ended up with Springfield because of the free breakfast and the fact the room had a microwave and there was some sort of separation from the bed area to the couch area.

Question about March 23-26 Monday afternoon-Thursday. Does anyone know if they will be showing fantasmic? I wanted to do hungry bear reservations. We are almost 60 days out (yippy!!!)so we can make our reservations this week. We’ve been twice and it’s never playing while we are there. Right now it’s only showing weekends. We were hoping going during a peak time we would get to do more. Every time we go it’s an off season and there’s so many refurbishments and no shows. Isn’t spring break considered a peak time?

My guess is no looking at early March Fantasmic dates. Only Friday, Saturday and Sunday dates. But, certainly keep checking!

My guess is no looking at early March Fantasmic dates. Only Friday, Saturday and Sunday dates. But, certainly keep checking!

that’s so disappointing. Well, world of color question then. We don’t want to do the dessert package, it seems too expensive for a family of 5. But we are thinking about the dinner reservations. I’m looking at the menus and not sure my teens would eat much. Possibly storytellers would be ok. Where Are the reserved seats? We did WOC once and it was a nightmare. My kids couldn’t see anything and people kept pushing us. I won’t do it again unless we have a reserved spot.

that’s so disappointing. Well, world of color question then. We don’t want to do the dessert package, it seems too expensive for a family of 5. But we are thinking about the dinner reservations. I’m looking at the menus and not sure my teens would eat much. Possibly storytellers would be ok. Where Are the reserved seats? We did WOC once and it was a nightmare. My kids couldn’t see anything and people kept pushing us. I won’t do it again unless we have a reserved spot.

there are no reserved "seats" for the WOC dinner packages. The only place where you actually get a seat to sit in is the dessert party. The WOC dinner packages have dedicated FP standing-only areas.

there are no reserved "seats" for the WOC dinner packages. The only place where you actually get a seat to sit in is the dessert party. The WOC dinner packages have dedicated FP standing-only areas.

Oh I don’t care about sitting or standing just wondering about the area of reserved dinner area

I can't help with the actual WOC questions.....just my sympathy with your kids and their food likes. I also have a 14YO that simply LIKES the kids meal items because she is not one for sauces, seasoning, etc. Her perfect meal would be the grilled chicken breast, mashed and green beans from the kids menu. I know we can order it, but it kills me to pay the adult pricing for it! I chose the buffet for our upcoming trip because it would offer her more options. BUT, I just realized it is one of the hotels. I need to rethink my plan. If we were dessert kind of people....I would consider the desert party, but honestly for us is feels like all that money just to have a seat for us. Decisions, decisions....

... I chose the buffet for our upcoming trip because it would offer her more options. BUT, I just realized it is one of the hotels. I need to rethink my plan...
Is there a problem with the Storyteller's WOC buffet dining package being located at the GCH? It is literally about a one minute walk from the DCA/GCH exit, across from GRR. Exit DCA to the GCH, turn right, walk one minute or less, there you are at Storyteller's. Normally there is no WOC package at Storyteller's, but this is being offered while CCR is being refurbed.

... Isn’t spring break considered a peak time?
Spring Break can be a peak time at DLR, but there are so many school districts from several states that affect the DLR crowds, that there is no one Spring Break period to go by on the calendar. Our Spring Break can go from the first week of March through the end of April, with varying crowd patterns throughout. Peak Spring Break is usually the week before and the week after Easter, if the holiday isn't super early or super late.

Is there a problem with the Storyteller's WOC buffet dining package being located at the GCH? It is literally about a one minute walk from the DCA/GCH exit, across from GRR. Exit DCA to the GCH, turn right, walk one minute or less, there you are at Storyteller's. Normally there is no WOC package at Storyteller's, but this is being offered while CCR is being refurbed.

Nope, no problem at all. I just haven't had the time get to find out if the restaurant was really out of the way.....thanks for your info. I think I will keep it then!

I can't help with the actual WOC questions.....just my sympathy with your kids and their food likes. I also have a 14YO that simply LIKES the kids meal items because she is not one for sauces, seasoning, etc. Her perfect meal would be the grilled chicken breast, mashed and green beans from the kids menu. I know we can order it, but it kills me to pay the adult pricing for it! I chose the buffet for our upcoming trip because it would offer her more options. BUT, I just realized it is one of the hotels. I need to rethink my plan. If we were dessert kind of people....I would consider the desert party, but honestly for us is feels like all that money just to have a seat for us. Decisions, decisions....

Yes my teens are not food adventurous. I’ve been going through all the menus at all the parks and dtd to figure out where to eat. We decided to just skip WOC.
I’m still expecting huge crowds when we go. All my friends who have gone that week for spring break says it’s packed! But having high schoolers they can’t miss a week of school anymore like when they were little, so we have no choice but to face the crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter