March Check-In **Official** Thread (Start with Post #17)

Ok...officially done checking hotel prices for next week. Nothing was able to beat the price I paid for stovalls and I am now in penalty if I cancel. Still obsessing over the weather though and changing my packing list.

11 days away! We hit Santa Monica and LA for a few days prior. My wife and I have been to San Fran/Sonoma a couple times, but this is the first SoCal trip for us and our daughters. Really hope they wrap up Snow White’s Scary Adventure before we arrive — not holding my breath.

Hope all those there now are having a blast!

Starting to get a little nervous. We leave Friday for a 8 day trip. Flying into SF and doing 4 days in SF/Monterey before Disneyland. The Corona is starting to make me nervous about SF.

At DL now and just wanted to say don’t give up hope on the weather! We had a bad forecast right up until we left and it’s been beautiful, but will say once evening hits it’s been getting breezy and chilly. So make sure to pack a sweatshirt! I’ve been wearing t shirts and Capri leggings all day and throw on a sweatshirt at night no problem. Just bring a poncho or light raincoat for your backpack and you’ll be fine, but I haven’t needed it. Feel free to ask any questions, I’m here until mid day Tuesday.

Starting to get a little nervous. We leave Friday for a 8 day trip. Flying into SF and doing 4 days in SF/Monterey before Disneyland. The Corona is starting to make me nervous about SF.

We are getting very concerned. We are supposed to leave in 4 days. My biggest concern is that my son has asthma. I’m not sure that taking him to a crowded place like Disney is a good idea right now, especially with so many coronavirus cases in California.

Thank you all in this thread. I waited in line at 645 but the family didn't catch-up until 7:58! Waited for them at the gate. Scanned in. Hit app. Group 40! What a morning.

They didn't set alarms and I'm letting them take this vacation slow. I feel like I earned a Dad Badge though for saving a spot in line while they slept in.

My son attends Stanford University and they just went online for classes and finals. I am encouraging him to come home once office hours are complete, just in case. I am not super paranoid, but we are going on the 22nd and I could just imagine him being stuck in the Bay Area while we are all at Disneyland.

Spent last Monday thru Thursday in the parks. Was very pleasant especially on Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday we basically went from ride to ride with Maxpass some times we had two passes loaded at once quite often. Rode all the E ticket rides at least 4-5 times each. Got boarding group 7 on Wednesday for ROTR and group 4 on Thursday...was much easier than I had thought it would be. We had a great 4 days...cant wait to get back in June. No doubt they will change the boarding group process since I have it down now:rolleyes1

Will be there next week!! I originally booked the Best Western Raffles in September for this trip, but saw a really great price for the SunCoast Park Hotel on S Clementine that after taking into account paying for breakfast saves us almost $30/night so I booked that. Can cancel by end of day today without penalty, but I think I need to stop obsessively stalking hotel prices 😂

Crikey it's hot! I'm at the hotel hiding from the sun while my toddler naps. 2 birds one over heated stone.

Wife is giving me props for taking one for the team which is nice. Really it is a matter of survival!

Also, day one, Grandpa was complaining about us walking fast even when we were slow. He complained when we got him a scooter (because of price). But what a difference when he can just ride around. I know they're annoying, but we love seeing him just enjoy focusing on having fun and not various parts of his legs that hurt. When he wants to stretch his legs, my wife rides it and she gets to rest her feet. 10/10 would scoot again.

Also, day one, Grandpa was complaining about us walking fast even when we were slow. He complained when we got him a scooter (because of price). But what a difference when he can just ride around. I know they're annoying, but we love seeing him just enjoy focusing on having fun and not various parts of his legs that hurt. When he wants to stretch his legs, my wife rides it and she gets to rest her feet. 10/10 would scoot again.

hahahaha that made me laugh :) Sounds like a great plan, especially if it's hot!

Will be there next week!! I originally booked the Best Western Raffles in September for this trip, but saw a really great price for the SunCoast Park Hotel on S Clementine that after taking into account paying for breakfast saves us almost $30/night so I booked that. Can cancel by end of day today without penalty, but I think I need to stop obsessively stalking hotel prices 😂
Let me know your dates and I'll add you to the list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter