Marie's New Years Resolution~in July

Yep....going home tomorrow. DH understands how I am w/ my family...he wants to go too, but has to work Fri nite. Also, the kids are staying home. DD is spending the weekend w/ a friend, and DS is fine by himself for a few hours. The neighbor will check on him.
Talked to mom several times today....they are doing ok. Just really heartbroken over the whole thing. She got bundled up 3 times to go out and take pictures, but couldn't. She'd get too upset. Guess who is going to freeze her @$$ off doing it??!!

So....on to better news....this weekend also happens to be my reunion. I'm going to go on Friday nite...then play it by ear on Saturday. I'm excited, but I wish DH were going too. I don't like going to these types of things without him. Anyway, I'm anxious to see MOST of the people. I'll let you know how it goes. (Now I wish I'd stuck to the diet!!)

ALSO....my best friend from Chicago had her baby last night!! So...I'm going to kill 3 birds w/ one stone this weekend! Gonna be exhausting, but that's ok.....it'll be worth it!

Ok...I'm gonna go get some clothes together and get to bed early!!
I'll be in touch...or if you have my cell number...feel free to call!

marie

:hug: Oh, Marie! :hug: I'm so sorry to hear about your parent's fire. I can only begin to imagine what they are feeling right now! I'm so glad you will be able to go and be with them.

My parents had a fire about 4 years ago in their workshop behind the house. It actually caught part of the house on fire. They were under insured so it could have been VERY bad. Luckily my sister came home Late and had not gone to sleep yet when she noticed the fire.
Fires are such a scary thing to me. I really think that is my biggest fear - that a fire will destroy all of my things that I cherish. I know they are just "stuff" but we assign memories and value to them and it still hurts when they are gone.

Take care of yourself and your family during this time :grouphug: for all of you.

I'm glad that there is the bright side of being able to go to the reunion. :goodvibes I hope you see lots of old friends and get to enjoy yourself as much as possible.

Congratulations to your friend! Babies are SO awesome! You gonna come see me when I finally get around to having one of my own? :thumbsup2

Love ya, take care of you!

:hug: Marie,

I'm from a farming community myself. You and your family are in my prayers. Thank God no one was hurt.

Have fun at the reunion. Congrats on the baby. Will we get to see pics?

Take care,
Beth

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I'm so sorry, Marie-re.:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

If there is ANYTHING I can do, please call me!

Thanks again guys....i couldn't ask for better friends!
I just worry about mom & dad...this is the kind of stress they don't need.
I took about 50 pics of the shed and the tractors....heartbreaking.
I took about 30 pics at the reunion...I might post one of me and my friend Jen...(see Kim...I have a Jen too!!! :thumbsup2 )
The reunion was fun. Did alot of visiting and picture swapping. It's amazing to me....the jerks are still jerks. Everyone was really great with the exception of a few. Some people still think they are king/queen, some still think they are better than others, and some still think the world revolves around them...and I still remind them that they put their pants on one leg at a time!!:teeth: Yes...I got a little snarky once or twice...maybe three times...but trust me...it was justified!!! (i promise!!) I just have no time in my life for phony people...didn't then....don't now.

So...back to the grind.
I'm working on the diet...DH got an ablounger while I was gone...and I'm printing up the couch-to-5k thing now.
I really want to do this right...my way....I'm just really having a hard time focusing.

I'll be back....
marie

Good to see you back marie. Glad the reunion was fun. I dont keep in touch with anyone from high school, except one guy who works with me. I dont think they would recognize me anyway!

Hope everything is going well for your parents and they are ok.

Hows the ab-lounger, have you tried it? I need to try mine again.:rolleyes1

Have a nice week

linda

:hippie:

The ab-lounger is really comfy!! I sat down on it and STRRRRREEEETTTTCCCHHHEEEEDDDDDD WAAAAAAAAYYYY back....oh, it felt soooo good!! Then I got up and got ready for work! :lmao: Maybe I'll actually do a sit up on it this week....:rolleyes1
Kim...lets start next week. DH is in school this week, and I'm doing homework and dinner and laundry. My co-worker R has the ab-lounger too, and we're starting it on Monday....How about running on Sunday?

I have to figure out a menu....I am so easily tempted these days. It really sucks because I want to do it right...but the first chance I get...it's cheeseburgers, sweet tea, cokes and tacos!! What is wrong with me?
Do I need to start a new journal? Do I need to go back to JC? Do I need to have my jaw wired shut? Why can't I just have the liposuction and be done with it? Can I nominate myself for an extreme makeover? Lipo, tummy tuck, face lift, upper arm suction, maybe not breast implants, but just push them up a little bit.....oh...and zoom whitening on the teeth!! :teeth: I'm not asking for much am I?

Ok...dh made tacos tonight...i'm weak....HELP ME!!!!!
m-re

Hey girl. :goodvibes One day at a time. I did start running today (before I checked your journal :guilty: ) but I'm totally here for you next week. I'm jealous of the ab lounger. I can't justify the cost to get one, but it looks awesome!

How about just planning ahead and eating sensible with one treat meal a week? For me, I can't seem to get back to that super-strict way I originally lost the weight. So how about we make daily changes to improve our eating?? We can do a little challenge for us if you'd like. :thumbsup2

Kim...sounds great! How about we start off with WATER!!! I can't seem to get ANY in! I don't know what my problem is....

Ok...gotta go...later
marie

Kim...sounds great! How about we start off with WATER!!! I can't seem to get ANY in! I don't know what my problem is....

Ok, starting Friday (Feb 1st), at least 80 ounces a day! Anyone else want in? It'll be our month-long water challenge! :drinking1

Hey marie!

My friend had lipo. Shes really athletic tho and she just had a little tummy prob from having twins. They have some magic stuff called body allure (at least thats what they call it here). Anyway, they inject you with some magic potion and your fat dissolves and dissapears. Thats what I want! Magic!

But the water thing is good too.

nite

:hippie:

Marie, I am so sorry to hear about your parents fire. I'm glad no one was hurt, but I do understand how sad it is to see the devastation. "Things" are part of our memories. I'm glad you had fun at your reunion. That was a nice silver lining.

I hear ya on the motivation. BUT, we've done it before, we can do it again! You know what you need to do and you CAN do it. I know you can. You are a very determined lady! First step, water! That helps with the food too - too full from all the darn water to eat anything else. :rotfl2: I have a 64 oz rubbermaid thing that I used to fill each morning and leave on the counter where I see it all the time. I tired to empty that baby before I picked the kids up each afternoon. Then fill it again with 40 oz and empty that by 7 pm.

I'm in on the water challenge! :drinking1 need to go find the rubbermaid container now ... :rolleyes1

Ok, starting Friday (Feb 1st), at least 80 ounces a day! Anyone else want in? It'll be our month-long water challenge! :drinking1

Crap.
Ya know...she doesn't check my journal for weeks at a time...and the first time I make a stupid suggestion she's there to jump all over it!! what the heck?? :confused3
Ok Kim....you're on! 80 oz a day....starting tomorrow. Just called DH and asked him to pick me up a case of water from Sam's. 4 20oz bottles a day!! :boat:

Crap.

marie

Crap.
Ya know...she doesn't check my journal for weeks at a time...and the first time I make a stupid suggestion she's there to jump all over it!! what the heck?? :confused3
Ok Kim....you're on! 80 oz a day....starting tomorrow. Just called DH and asked him to pick me up a case of water from Sam's. 4 20oz bottles a day!! :boat:

Crap.

marie

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
I feel nothing but love.
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Yeah Kim....that's what I'm sendin' your way...love...yeah...that's it!!
Didn't make 80 oz yet....getting 40-60 in right now. Not worried about it...gotta start somewhere!

Went out to a kareoke bar Saturday night. :scared: It was interesting to say the least!! Had fried catfish and a couple of Coors Light....I think that blew the diet for Saturday...but....that was all I ate that day...do the calories weren't THAT bad. (if I keep telling myself that, maybe it'll be true!)

Goal for tomorrow:
* 80 oz water
* 50 crunches on the ab lounger
* walk/run 2 miles
* no fast food!!!

Ok...gonna go back to watching the game....even though I really don't care....and the commercials have sucked so far.

later
marie

Hey Marie,

I agree the commercials have sucked.

If you are having trouble getting in the water, try using a straw. It is so much easier. Not sure why, but it works.

Take care,
Beth

Hey Marie,

I agree the commercials have sucked.

If you are having trouble getting in the water, try using a straw. It is so much easier. Not sure why, but it works.

Take care,
Beth

Thanks Beth....I'll try that!!

re

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter