Marie's New Years Resolution~in July

If you are having trouble getting in the water, try using a straw. It is so much easier. Not sure why, but it works.

That's so funny, Beth - I am the total opposite. :laughing: I have to chug my water to get it in. :laughing: Whatever works, right?

Marie-re....what songs did you sing?? Come on, we wanna know!! :rolleyes1

40-60 ounces are nothing to sneeze at...it's more than you were drinkin, right? Keep at it, girl. :banana:

Today-
56 oz water
1 orange-b
1 hot dog-l
1/2 hamburger, 5 fries-d
ab lounger-20 (crap!)
no walking/running
attitude-crappy

Kim....I don't sing. Not in the car, not in the shower, not while cleaning house, and CERTAINLY not in a bar full of tone-deaf drunks!!
One of the guys did a great job singing Summer of 69...and Garth Brooks-Ain't goin' down til the sun comes up" He was awsome! They did get a group of us up there to sing some Shania Twain song...I lip-sync(ed). :mic:
Also, someone signed up DH and the guys to sing YMCA...it was really funny!
BUT...of course some people had to be dumb@$$es....namely...my boss!! She came up to me 4-5 times calling me a (b)it ch for not bringing my camera!! I told her I didn't know it was a requirement to be able to socialize in public! Finally, after the 4th or 5th time I said....quite loudly....If this were a paying job, I'd have it, but this is my time, to enjoy myself...you want pictures, you should have brought your own f-----g camera!!!:furious: :furious: :furious:
She left it alone after that.

Ok....been a long day....
nite ya'll!
re

oh...tomorrow's goals~
60-80 oz water
hell....just get through the day!!

Hey Marie, the food looks ok. You clearly were aware of what you ate and used self control (5 french fries - how do you eat only 5?!) 20 on the ab lounger is better than 0 and your water intake is creeping up too. Today drink that last 4 oz to get to 60 even if it means you are have to do it after you brush your teeth at bedtime. You can do this!!

Here's a thought: Drink lots o water. Has the expected results:rolleyes1 Always have a valid excuse to excuse yourself away from not so nice boss lady:rotfl2:

Hey marie,

I am sorry that your boss was such a ***** at karaoke night. I am with you, I am not about to sing anywhere anyone can hear me. You showed great restraint with the fries. Good job with the water. Oh, I had another idea with the water. Do you like soda or coffee? Make a deal with yourself. For every glass of soda or coffee, you need to drink two glasses of water. I'll do anything for my coffee.

have a good one,
Beth

Are you ok, Marie? I wasn't really paying attention to the news, but I thought I saw Memphis as one of the area's hit by tornado?

Yeah....we're ok here. South of us got it really bad. Mall wall collapsed...major roof damage....6 tornados touched down....lots of homes damaged....warehouse collapsed...killed 3....it was quite scarey here last night.
I left work last night at 5ish...was driving home and there is this big...BIG BLACK cloud about 3 miles north of me...I call DH and tell him to look in my general direction...he couldn't see it....anyway, it was a frickin' tornado...a BIG on!! Good thing I'm too clueless...otherwise I might have been scared!! Oh...another thing....the lightening was outrageous!!! DH walked outside at one point and a big bolt struck...I actually thought it hit the house...thats how close and loud it was!! DH told me to go grab the camera!! ( I did!!) (no pics though...rain was coming down sideways!)

Ok...so on to today -
B-1/2 orange, 1 sm cin roll
L-3 pieces of general tzos (?) chicken, 1 eggroll
D-nothing...not hungry
Water - almost through 60 oz
Exercise - cleaning house, then i'll do 30 on the ablounger...maybe.

Ok..the laundry is calling....:laundy:
later taters!
m

Glad you are ok. It sounds like it was really scary though.

Great job on the water!:cheer2:

Shouldn't sorting/rotating/sorting again/folding laundry count as exercise? Every time I get the "mountain" taken care of, there is another one waiting! :headache:

DH walked outside at one point and a big bolt struck...I actually thought it hit the house...thats how close and loud it was!! DH told me to go grab the camera!! ( I did!!) (no pics though...rain was coming down sideways!)

You guys are freakin nuts! :eek: Yeah, giant lightening bolts, basically on the house - my reaction "HIDE, get in the house". Your reaction "get the camera" :laughing: Sorry, I just got a kick out of that. I'm so glad everything's ok. Wanna come up here for a while to hide out? :confused3

Great job with the water, girlie. I like Beth's idea with the soda/coffee. I've had sweetened iced tea at my disposal too often lately. But I've made sure I've gotten my water in first before I have any.

Stay safe. :hug:

Good Morning Peeps!
Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend so far.
Yesterday:
B-1 piece cinnamon swirl toast
L-4in meatball sub...(it came as an 8 inch, and I cut it in half)
D-1/2 fish sandwich, 4 tator tots, 1/2 glass sweet tea (it was late and I was hungry!)
Water-80 oz!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

The water during the day is actually coming easier...not craving the cokes like i used to..thank goodness! I also bought some weight watchers snack cakes....chocolate...to satisfy my chocolate craving. They are too bad. One thing I've notice myself doing....I'm cutting my servings in half. I'm not really eating the right food yet, but I'm also trying not to eat as much.

Ok...on to a busy Saturday! DS has trumpet practice and DD has a birthday party.

see ya'll soon!
marie-re

You go, you water drinking fool!! :goodvibes

Have a wonderful weekend.

Did pretty good yesterday on the water - 84 oz!! I think I actually had a water headache...is that possible? :headache:

Today...not so good - 16 oz. :sad2: BUT...I do have good reason...in my mind anyway. Today was not a good day all the way around. (here comes another long marie rant:sad2: ....stop now if ya don't like snarky)

So, I go into work...say good morning to everyone...LIKE I DO EVERYDAY! Boss is in her office on the phone. Everyone in the office is working quietly. Not discussing the weekend..not chit-chatting...not arguing...nothing but quiet. Boss comes out of her office and says.."It's like a morgue in here" and she said if very snottily. I don't say anything...just grit my teeth. (keep in mind, the little remarks go on everyday...all day...snarky little comments here and there. Not really directed at anyone...just stupid snarky comments.) Then co-worker R says-"yeah, ya'll are a bunch of grumps!" I look up at her and said "Do ya want me to do a F****** cartwheel?" (yeah....it came out before I could stop it) Well boss hit the roof! She chewed my butt, but I held my ground. We had a 30 minute closed door discussion and aired our differences. I asked her why it was ok for her to make comments, but it wasn't ok for anyone else? She said her comment wasn't directed towards me...I said neither was mine. It was a quiet morning, but everything got back to normal after lunch.
So....we'll see how tomorrow goes.

Oh....food today
B-1 banana
L-roast beef sandwich w/ swet tea
D-chicken tenders
alcohol....i have rum...no coke. damn.

Have a good evening!!
re

Oh man, girl. I'm glad you guys hashed it out though. The tension there was too much. :headache: Just remember how horrible that job was in Alabama. :sad2:

I'm here for ya.

Oh, and silly thing - all you need is ice. :drinking1

Hey Marie,

I am glad you worked things out with your boss. I hate it when there is a ton of tension at work. I go there to get away from my problems.;)

Great job getting in the water. Yes, you can drink too much water. It lowers your sodium level and can lead to headaches and confusion. the general rule is not to drink more than 1/2 your body weight. I personally can drink about an extra 20 oz a day before it affects me. Are you sure your headache wasn't from lack of caffiene?

Take care,
Beth

Great job getting in the water. Yes, you can drink too much water. It lowers your sodium level and can lead to headaches and confusion.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I have seriously had major headaches lately. I wonder if the water is the cause. :scratchin My daily confusion is something I wish I could blame the water for. :rotfl:

(sorry to hijack re-re - MISS YA!)

I don't know what the headaches are caused from....1/2 no caffine...1/2 water overload? I'm doing pretty good at 60 oz...so I'm not going to push it.
Also, things at work are better. Back to normal I guess.

I'm gonna be gone from the boards for a little bit. I have got to get things organized around here. DH might be going to nights for a while, so TV, Computer and all other extra's are going to go on the back burner. It usually takes most of the night just to get through 6th grade homework!!:sad2:
I'll check in with ya'll often, but I may not post on here for a while.

pm me if ya need my number again!

thinkin' 'bout ya'll always!!
marie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter