MAW Trip of a Lifetime....1st time to WDW! -Beach Update!

Well today we got up and ate breakfast at the Icecream palace.... and were going to try to get an early day at AK but we learned that Scooby Doo was going to be there so we waited around to see him.....

IMG_9502web.jpg

IMG_9505web.jpg

What was interesting is that while we were eating our breakfast... (kaleb had his reg biscuits n gravy) that we saw two ladies each carrying a long stick tied with a lot of balloons.... (and I didn't take a photo!) well those balloons were given to the kids when they met Scooby and Shaggy! They each got one! SO now that our character meets were complete except for one more mickey greet for Kaleb to tell him that he got a new kidney.... and we were off to AK!

Well we got a great parking spot again!
This park turned out to be a favorite one... and I wish we would have stayed a little longer there!

IMG_9510web.jpg

IMG_9511web.jpg

We headed straight to the safari... we loved this ride!!!

IMG_9515web.jpg

IMG_9516web.jpg

IMG_9534web.jpg

IMG_9535web.jpg

IMG_9537web.jpg

IMG_9546web.jpg

and we did some walk thing which I forget!

IMG_9552web.jpg

IMG_9554web.jpg

IMG_9556web.jpg

Well not everybody walked!

IMG_9567web.jpg

The boys enjoyed the hippos from the tank view!

IMG_9576web.jpg

IMG_9578web.jpg

Kaleb was fascinated with the various skulls on display!

IMG_9581web.jpg

IMG_9584web.jpg

IMG_9589web.jpg

IMG_9602web.jpg

So far so good! More AK to come!

just catching up on your trip! so glad you had fun! and after reading, i have DEFINITELy decided to bring my point and shoot camera. i am sure i would destroy the good one! :rotfl:

can't wait to read more!!

Well next we ran into Lilo and Stitch....

IMG_9609web.jpg

IMG_9610web.jpg

IMG_9611web.jpg

Next we headed to Camp Mickey Minnie but stopped to watch the Lion King show.... which we really enjoyed...

then on to Mickey and Kaleb's last chance to tell him about his new kidney!

IMG_9618web.jpg

by this time Zoe was grumpy and didn't want to have her photo taken with Mickey so they had us bring her up in the stroller

IMG_9622web.jpg

IMG_9623web.jpg

Kaleb quietly told Mickey about his new kidney and then we headed to meet Donald!

IMG_9626web.jpg

IMG_9627web.jpg

again no Zoe...

IMG_9628web.jpg

Next the kdis tried out a kids discovery station and that was it... we had to do all of them even if it meant going back to places we had already been through!

IMG_9631web.jpg

IMG_9632web.jpg

Here they are trying to feel what is in the log!

IMG_9633web.jpg

Then we were hungry and headed to Pizzafari... the closest place.. to have lunch... we got there just in time.. there was little line and few people. By the time we left... it was filling up!

Here is Zoe in one of their butterfly chairs....

IMG_9634web.jpg

The were back into the action...

IMG_9638web.jpg

We headed to the river raft ride... I can't think of the name yet... Zoe and Kaleb didn't want to do it so Brian and Nathan went on while the others and I did a little shopping. I got Zoe a mandarin outfit and the boys got pandas'a and I bought some towels!

Well Kaleb and Zoe changed their minds on the ride so I went with them on it and guess what..... I got SOAKED... and Zoe got pretty wet... but no one else got more than sprinkled!

Well we quickly dried out and went on...

to Expedition everest... since Kaleb and Zoe couldn't go on it.. Brian and Nathan were going to go on then come back and I would go with Nathan... I had been wanting to do this ride... but as I waited the guy next to me got a text saying that his family was stuck on the ride... it had broken down! and guess what Brian and Nathan were stuck 17 stories up!!!!! it took a while for them to be taken down but they got to see the insides of the ride.. but I missed out. They did get it going later in the afternoon but since we were going to the Pirates party and had to finish up the discovery stations... I didn't get to....

IMG_9641web.jpg

IMG_9649web.jpg

Next up.. Ice cream..this is the one icecream that Kaleb didn't get everywhere...... it all went inside and not on his tummy!

IMG_9653web.jpg

IMG_9654web.jpg

IMG_9655web.jpg

Brian and I shared a frozen banana... my fave Disney treat!

DInos!

IMG_9657web.jpg

The as we heaaded to more Discovery stations to finish up our stamps... we were caught watching the parade....

IMG_9662web.jpg

IMG_9671web.jpg

IMG_9672web.jpg

IMG_9675web.jpg

We finished up our stamps at Rafiki's planet watch...

IMG_9679web.jpg

IMG_9692web.jpg

IMG_9695web.jpg

Then we headed back to GKTW for the Pirate party! I do wish we had spent more time here..... we really enjoyed it!

looks like a fun day at AK! its such a fun park for kids...sorry Zoe was a little grumpy..

wow how neat to get stuck on EE! did he get any photos of being stuck?

Kali River Rapids...is the water ride, we didn't go on it this trip....I ALWAYS get soaked on it...were you backwards when it went down the big drop?

looks like a fun day at AK! its such a fun park for kids...sorry Zoe was a little grumpy..

wow how neat to get stuck on EE! did he get any photos of being stuck?

Kali River Rapids...is the water ride, we didn't go on it this trip....I ALWAYS get soaked on it...were you backwards when it went down the big drop?

Brian didn't have the camera on him.... since we only had the one and he didn't use the video! So no photos :(

On Kali I was backwards! It never fails.... but it was fun!

Have a Happy Mother's day!

Brooke, your TR is wonderful and I just LOVE the photos!!! I should bring you with us to take pictures! I have wanted to tell you I LOVED what you wrote about GKTW, I do think the right attitude can make a difference, although I have heard very few incidents of anything really going wrong there..occasionally a new volunteer in a learning curve, but the magic LIVES and BREATHES at GKTW there is no doubt about it! ENJOY your day!!!

Well after we finished up at AK... we headed home to get ready for the Pirate and Princess Party.....but it wasn't without a stop at the Carousel....!

IMG_9705web.jpg

IMG_9702web.jpg

IMG_9713web.jpg

Oh course we were sporting our awesome Mickey Pirate head shirts from the BG!

Mayor Clayton!

IMG_9717web.jpg

Waitin on mom!

IMG_9719web.jpg

This photo is a favorite!

IMG_9721web.jpg

Princess time....

IMG_9731web.jpg

bubbles

IMG_9739web.jpg

IMG_9740web.jpg

IMG_9757web.jpg

IMG_9759web.jpg

IMG_9761web.jpg

IMG_9770web.jpg

IMG_9773web.jpg

IMG_9778web.jpg

IMG_9784web.jpg

IMG_9785web.jpg

IMG_9789web.jpg

We really enjoyed this night!

love the pirate and princess party photos! the kids look so cute in their outfits!!

:cool1: Yeah for another update.

Love all the photos. AK is one of our favorite parks too.
And Kaleb was eating my favorite snack. Mickey Icecream sandwiches :cloud9: I could go for one right now:rotfl:

The pirate party looks like so much fun.pirate:

Luvin the Animal Kingdom update. Sorry Zoe got grumpy and wouldn't get in pics with the characters. Also stuck on a rollercoaster.. I would FREAK out!! The pirates party looks fun luvin their outfits for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter