Member Services Breaking 11 Month Rule!

I only see availability on the 7th and 9th. Makes no sense how the 8th can be not available when the 7th is available. They must be taking a room out of inventory on the 8th. If it is for some maintenance planned 11 months and 5 days early, that's OK. Any other reason is not right. (or a glitch of course)

I had a similar situation happen at AKL several years ago, I also thought someone was cheating the system. To add credence to my theory I was also locked out of booking one of the AK tours for our group (for that same resv time). I called in at the opening second and the CM could not get the system to take my resv, he was baffled also and made some calls but could not book it. I always assumed it was Disney's concierge service available to the rich and famous that was able to pre-book a second before the general public.
I agree with you. For example, Tom Cruise could book the Cinderella suite in Cinderella's castle for his daughter Suri.

Something is up for sure with the Value Studios. Every single night for the entire week at 11 months is booked solid. So every reservation for a value studio (or any used towards a 2BR) are booked for Sept 2-9....not likely. It will be interesting to see at midnight if the night of the 9th is available.
I think they can combine the value studio with another room to form a 1 bedroom value, so that might be why it is not always available?

I think they can combine the value studio with another room to form a 1 bedroom value, so that might be why it is not always available?

A 1 bedroom does not include any part of a studio.

But a studio can be combined with a 1 bedroom and it creates a 2 bedroom.

Yes, but if someone books a 2-BR value at 11 months out for up to 7 nights, then they have to be booking another studio besides the one I have booked. They aren't going to be in the 1-BR portion, and then suddenly, voila, they have the 1-BR plus the studio halfway through their trip.

Thanks. I knew there was some combination, just couldn't remember what. :)

Yes, but if someone books a 2-BR value at 11 months out for up to 7 nights, then they have to be booking another studio besides the one I have booked. They aren't going to be in the 1-BR portion, and then suddenly, voila, they have the 1-BR plus the studio halfway through their trip.

Correct! I was just giving the correct information. The 2 bedroom booking can not be a reason that a studio is not there.

Really, the only thing that can is a FW..which AKV value does have, maintenance. Or something that will impact the accessibility of the room.

I agree that with t seems very strange rooms are gone and the entire 11 months plus 7 is not working consistently like it should.

Well, it's happening again with the AKV value studios. Today (October 2) it's showing September 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th as available, but September 6th, 7th, and 8th as unavailable. What's weird is if I try to modify a second value studio I have booked, it shows the 6th as available, but the 7th and 8th aren't. I can't figure out for the life of me what's going on!
I just noticed this too and came here to comment on it. I don’t have any reservations around then, so this is what I see for creating a new reservation. It’s odd for the 8th to be unavailable if the 7th is available.
8E5BD4FA-43BF-4C7A-85CC-D050CF0D9346.jpeg

I just noticed this too and came here to comment on it. I don’t have any reservations around then, so this is what I see for creating a new reservation. It’s odd for the 8th to be unavailable if the 7th is available.
View attachment 530022
Yep. Very odd! Now when I try to modify my first room, it shows the 6th and the 8th as unavailable, but the 7th which wasn’t previously there is now available. I guarantee after I cancel these rooms, in a few days all of these rooms that are unavailable will be there. That’s what happened to me last month.

Last edited:
Yep. Very odd! Now when I try to modify my first room, it shows the 6th and the 8th as unavailable, but the 7th which wasn’t previously there is now available. I guarantee after I cancel these rooms, in a few days all of these rooms that are unavailable will be there. That’s what happened to me last month.

I still think there's a CM in there dabbling. It is on trend to happen every year around Aug/Sept as well as December. If so, I know a CM who needs to be laid off.

I still think there's a CM in there dabbling. It is on trend to happen every year around Aug/Sept as well as December. If so, I know a CM who needs to be laid off.

I don't know....I'd like to see him/her take more initiative.....and expand to BLT and BWV standard view.

I don't know....I'd like to see him/her take more initiative.....and expand to BLT and BWV standard view.
I understand the intent, but if DVC wants to make walking against the rules, then it needs to blanket all cases, not just the one a particular CM has interest in. It needs to be put into the rules and the software adjusted for it. The way it stands now it looks simply like a CM playing about and getting ready to block off a bunch of days for themselves or a special interest group.

I'm predicting we see the AKV value studios blocked out over the 50th, and calls will indicate that they happen to be out of service for maintenance.

I understand the intent, but if DVC wants to make walking against the rules, then it needs to blanket all cases, not just the one a particular CM has interest in. It needs to be put into the rules and the software adjusted for it.

I agree with you that if Disney wants to fix the walking problem they need to do it officially. Unfortunately, as someone who 100% would like to see walking eliminated, there just isn't a good way to procedurally get it done without negatively affecting the whole system. I begrudgingly agree that the many proposed solutions given here are worse than the problem trying to be solved.

That said, I'm definitely not shedding any tears when walks get broken up.....how ever that happens.

I understand the intent, but if DVC wants to make walking against the rules, then it needs to blanket all cases, not just the one a particular CM has interest in. It needs to be put into the rules and the software adjusted for it. The way it stands now it looks simply like a CM playing about and getting ready to block off a bunch of days for themselves or a special interest group.

I'm predicting we see the AKV value studios blocked out over the 50th, and calls will indicate that they happen to be out of service for maintenance.

But we really do not have proof we have a CM doing something inappropriate.

All we know is that weird things are happening that appear to be taking rooms out of service already.

Definitely strange.

But we really do not have proof we have a CM doing something inappropriate.

All we know is that weird things are happening that appear to be taking rooms out of service already.

Definitely strange.
Strange, and there's the start of a pattern to it looking back 2 years.

I'm not sure that I'd blame a CM. I'd be willing to bet that it an executive either of DVC or the Disney Company.

Same here. And I currently have a value studio walk going so I don't want it broken up either. Thankfully I have Sept 2-8 right now so looks like I'm beyond the current hole. I don't think I'm going to risk taking any days off from moving dates.
It looks like the 9th is gone now. Were you able to modify before it became unavailable? I’m hoping you got it. I’ve had to cancel Room #1 which was my friend’s. I still have Room #2, but looks like I’ll have to let it go as well.

It looks like the 9th is gone now. Were you able to modify before it became unavailable? I’m hoping you got it. I’ve had to cancel Room #1 which was my friend’s. I still have Room #2, but looks like I’ll have to let it go as well.
The 9th being gone now at least makes sense....no more random holes outside of 11 months.

Thankfully I haven't been blocked (yet). I'm being cautious and moving it daily rather than how I would normally do it so right now I have Sept 6-13. I took a shot at Club Level this morning but missed it.

The ability to modify reservations is currently "unavailable". They say they are trying to fix it, try later. So there must be an actual problem with it. A lot of people (including myself) cannot book this morning at the 11 month window. Let's see if its up soon. This may be what happens when WDW lays off its IT people. The phones are going to be so busy at 9 ET.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter