Metro New Orleans DISers - check in!!! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kathy, Once you get through the trauma of your ER ordeal, you can joke with Kyle that it's the closest he'll get to experiencing childbirth! ;)

I know the pain is no laughing matter. My Dad & Sis have a history of kidney stones - no fun. Please tell him to stay hydrated, especially with the warm weather coming. Summertime is when my dad would seem to have more issues.

I presume you never made it to Houma for the game. Who were y'all scheduled to play? Vandebilt or one of the public schools? That area is my old stomping grounds.

Kathy- give Kyle a big ol hug from here too! I know that's tough. We have a friend that moved down after the storm and drives/emt's for Acadian Ambulance. You'd be stunned:scared1: how long ambulance staff have to wait with runs. They can't just get them to the hospital and leave, they have to wait with them until the hospital processes them. It used to be if you came in an ambulance you were moved right in..Not anymore.

But now comes the mommy dig. My gramm wouldn't have passed it up when I was growing up.-- "Bet you were glad you weren't in Destin unchaperoned when this happened, huh?" :laughing:

Good Morning ya'll!

Kathy, this is terrible for your son to have to go through this. Unbelievable!

I am glad he is doing better.

Morning yall,

Kyle is fine and back to school. I'm rested now, but now that the fear and anxiety are gone, I'm really angry that we are living like this. I didn't notice the ER situations in the past because Mom was always brought in by ambulance and seen right away.

I may be only one voice, but I intend on being loud. I'm going to write everyone I can about this horrible situation we are all facing.:sad2:

Wow, to be young & be able to recover that quickly! I'm glad he is feeling better!

It's really sad things have not improved very much in the 2 years since Katrina with our health care system. Kathy I think your Mom was seen quickly because of how poor her health was. I have heard of many people even coming in an ambulance & having to wait for treatment!

I agree with Mrs Kreamer, that something needs to be done to keep people who are not in need of emergency care out of the emergency rooms. But without the "Charity" system that's seems to be where they end up.

This is all so sad, it makes me want to move. I don't think I told y'all that I was harassed by a kid at the grocery last Thursday. At the little store right near my house. I'm trying to pull into the only space open, this kid who's about 8 or 9 has his car door open & just stands there looking at me & laughing. He finally closes the door, but when I get out & get Alexis out of the car seat, I am slammed with the foulest language I have ever heard from a child's mouth! I didn't say a thing, I just wanted to get Alexis away from him! I shopped for a while, hoping they would be gone when I came back out but no they were still sitting there. 3 kids in the car, acting like wild animals, so disturbing.:sad2:

I know the pain is no laughing matter. My Dad & Sis have a history of kidney stones - no fun. Please tell him to stay hydrated, especially with the warm weather coming. Summertime is when my dad would seem to have more issues.

I presume you never made it to Houma for the game. Who were y'all scheduled to play? Vandebilt or one of the public schools? That area is my old stomping grounds.

We pretty much know how he developed the stone - he is using a conditioning drink from GNC while working out for baseball and it clearly states you must drink mega amounts of water when using this stuff - well he wasn't drinking nearly enough - BIG lesson learned!

The game was against Vandebilt and is going to be played today at 5:00. He'll be going with the team, but will not play. DH has to work and I'm not really up to the drive so I'll have to rely on calls from the other Moms to update me. The winner of tonight's game is pretty much guaranteed a spot in the state championship tournament.

Kathy- give Kyle a big ol hug from here too! I know that's tough. We have a friend that moved down after the storm and drives/emt's for Acadian Ambulance. You'd be stunned:scared1: how long ambulance staff have to wait with runs. They can't just get them to the hospital and leave, they have to wait with them until the hospital processes them. It used to be if you came in an ambulance you were moved right in..Not anymore.

But now comes the mommy dig. My gramm wouldn't have passed it up when I was growing up.-- "Bet you were glad you weren't in Destin unchaperoned when this happened, huh?" :laughing

I was shocked when we got into the ER room to see 6 stretchers with EMT's lined up in the hallway. The nurse told me they have to prioritize them as well because many people are calling 911 to avoid the wait in the ER.:sad2:

Thanks so much for the dig - I CAN'T WAIT to use it on him!!!:lmao:

Kathy- I have heard how horrible it is for a male to pass a stone-ohh my goodness, i am cringing for him! And you- you had to watch that-so sorry:scared1: . I know I wasn't the one passing the stone, but a mom watching thier kid go through something like that with no control over it-that is horrible to go through Well, gald it is over and the breath of releif has be sighed:) .
Hope the week goes by, well, smoother.

Lori

Kathy- I have heard how horrible it is for a male to pass a stone-ohh my goodness, i am cringing for him! And you- you had to watch that-so sorry:scared1: . I know I wasn't the one passing the stone, but a mom watching thier kid go through something like that with no control over it-that is horrible to go through Well, gald it is over and the breath of releif has be sighed:) .
Hope the week goes by, well, smoother.

Lori

Thanks Lori - Kyle is fine and in fact on his way to Houma right now. Hopefully the entire ordeal is out of his mind. I have been replaying it in my head like a bad nightmare over and over again all day today. Not sure why I do this to myself.:confused3

:surfweb:

H-a-l-l-ooooooo out there in DIS land!:rotfl2:

I crack myself up sometimes!:lmao:

Anyone here own any Vera Bradley bags? I'm trading some embroidery for one over on the trade board and I was wondering how durable are they? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?:laughing:

Oh, I need a diet coke......:sad2:

Lori

Thanks Lori - Kyle is fine and in fact on his way to Houma right now. Hopefully the entire ordeal is out of his mind. I have been replaying it in my head like a bad nightmare over and over again all day today. Not sure why I do this to myself.:confused3

Just put it off to PTSD -short term! Hopefully you will be able to get past it soon. I really DO know how that is. I think my PTSD ended slowly but surely over the past year or 2 w/ DD9's previous illness. I don't think it is anything a mom can help-just time. Oh and THANKFULNESS prayers that it is %

And Lori in the Quarter-the fanciest bag I own is a little black Gucci bag my DH got me in NY last year(when he was there with work) for Christmas-and it was gotten by some female co-workers that could go to China town (I think??)to get it-too funny! Anyway- it is cute as can be and was dirt cheap! I almost threw up when I opened it thinking he'd spent some stupid amount of money on it when I am not even a "purse" type gal and never ever asked for a Gucci bag ever. I do use it when we go somewhere and the very rare occurence of going out with friends. I do love it-and HAPPY he did not go broke on it-I'd rather he spend money on a massage (for ME!) or put it to vacation!

Sorry, I cannot help you there!-Lori

That's me too. I'm too cheap to go buy a new one but I figure I can trade a pillowcase set and a couple old vhs tapes for one and I'd be ok. I'm not a purse chick either. I carry a wallet in my front pocket generally and a tote bag when I need to, but this is a backpack kinda purse so I hope it's more me. Other than that I have a Coach, a Dooney & Burke, and a Kate Spade- all mini bags- all free from Harrah's give aways- that I never carry unless I have an outfit on with no pockets.:laughing:

I'm one of those that loves shoe shopping too- only I wear Crocs or flippers 99.5% of the time... but I have some killer heels that look great in the shoebox!

Hi guys, started my new job today! Had a ball, it was so nice to use my people skills again, I forgot i had them LOL. Wiping Jack's nose doesnt really require me to use them ;)

Kathy use that voice of yours, you maybe only one person, but im sure you arent the only having issues and together maybe something can be done. Glad Kyle feels better!

Lori, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Vera Bradley purses... ( see i said purses ;) )
Good stuff and holds up well.
I also have a Coach issue, but thats another story.

Off to have a beer, I forgot how tiring working can be.

WEll Now i feel stupid, gone all day today and had no idea about the V.Tech killings.
God bless those people and their families and friends. God bless that whole campus. : (

WEll Now i feel stupid, gone all day today and had no idea about the V.Tech killings.
God bless those people and their families and friends. God bless that whole campus. : (

Watching the Disney channel, really keeps me uniformed! I didn't know anything about this until I read it here! That is really horrible.
:guilty:

I'm one of those that loves shoe shopping too- only I wear Crocs or flippers 99.5% of the time... but I have some killer heels that look great in the shoebox!
That's me too.

I decided to wear a pair of those killer heels last year. I took a taxi from the Harrah's down into the quarter. I could not get a taxi back when it was time to go back to my car so I had to walk.

My feet were KILLING me. I had to stop at a Walmart and buy some flipflops to get back to my car.

There's just too much walking in N.O. to wear heels.

That's me too. I'm too cheap to go buy a new one but I figure I can trade a pillowcase set and a couple old vhs tapes for one and I'd be ok. I'm not a purse chick either. I carry a wallet in my front pocket generally and a tote bag when I need to, but this is a backpack kinda purse so I hope it's more me. Other than that I have a Coach, a Dooney & Burke, and a Kate Spade- all mini bags- all free from Harrah's give aways- that I never carry unless I have an outfit on with no pockets.:laughing:

See:laughing: I did not even know what it was-let me know how YOU like it when you get it-then I may be interested. I am all for those backpack style purses that came out 10-20 years ago! I bet the one you're getting is much hipper and cute! I am interested in something like that for WDW! I have a airport bag(small from walmart-$4.77!!) that has a spot for my ID and I have one of those CC hard cases(from Books a Million) that I get constant compliments on. I throw that into whatever jacket or bag I am carrying and I have all my necessities-well, plus my cellphone!

Shoes are something that HAVE to be comfy for me-I have very few heels-mostly ones I HAD to get for a wedding or something fancy. I try to avoid wearing them to church even. My mom and I head to Foley every Sept/Oct for Christmas shopping and last year I bought about 8 pairs of shoes from the Bass outlet b/c they were all $5-$8each! I got about 4 pairs for me and 2 pairs for each DD! It was funny walking out of that store! (It isnt' often you can walk out with 8 pairs of GOOD shoes for $50!!) My mom bought about 5 pairs fro herself too! Other than my 3 or 4 pairs of dressy shoes, I have walking shoes(Nike and NB), 2 pairs of Crocs, my Bass sandals(mostly sandals(dressy casual and everyday) and a new pair of Easy Spirit khaki shoes w/out the back that I got for DL-they are soooooo comfy. They were pricey($50) but like I said, I am a comfort chic! My DH thinks I have toooo many shoes-I laugh because I KNOW people who have shoe es-and It ain't me!

Good Morning. :surfweb:
Count me in the number of shoe and purse loving people. You can never have enough, right? I'm one of those people who match their shoes and purse with the outfit. :rolleyes:

Jenny good luck with your new job.

My heart goes out to all the families involved with the tragedy in Virginia. :guilty: How sad.

Good morning everyone!
Hope you all have a great day.
I have been watching the Today Show and my heart just breaks for all the students and the families of the students lost and hurt yesterday in VA.

Good morning everyone!

My heart is aching too watching the coverage of the VTech tragedy.:sad2:
I need to get to the grocery store this morning!!:yay:

Have a great day!

Morning Y'all,

Jenny, Good Luck with your new job! Enjoy being able to have adult conversations again!

Y'all can count me in as one of the no heels girls. I had to wear heels to the wedding this past weekend & thought I was going to die! I'm sure y'all already know what a Birkenstock junkie I am, I actually had just bought a pair of black birk sandals with a little heel & thought I could get away with wearing that when I dress up. Nooo, it was way too frumpy looking. So, again I had to suffer to be beautiful.:confused3

Lori, I'm haven't gone wild on purses yet either, Nine West is about as "fancy" as I get. I do have one Dooney&Bourke mini bag, but it was really cheap at Marshall's because it's this weird red orange color with a Duck! on the front! I have a pair of birk's in that same strange color! I think they look cute together but I could be very very wrong! I didn't know we had a thread for exchanging stuff! I'm gonna go check that out. I have a couple of pairs of Birks in my closet, I've never worn!

Have a good day, everyone!

Good morning!

I'm a flip flop girl myself. I love my multi colored ones I just got at Stein Mart--they go with everything!

Did ya'll see the pictures on the front page of the Times-Picayune of the girls that were not let into the prom because of their prom dresses? I thought they were pretty dresses, I didn't see anything wrong with them. Maybe one of them was questionable.

Tigerkat, enjoy your grocery shopping!

Have a great day today!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter