Metro New Orleans DISers - check in!!! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DH will be on the Captain's Float which is the first one. I'll have to get ya'll his exact position once I get it from him.

Captain's Float - how exciting!

Wish I could go to the parade. This year my mom, brother/his fiancee, second brother/his wife are going to the Extravaganza. And they are all riding Mardi Gras Day in Metairie.

And separately, my best friend's hubby is in Endymion.

It really is nasty outside tonight...I think all of the parades around here have been cancelled!

It will be just me @ our meet; my hubby is my babysitter...we are all alone in this big city (all of our family members have moved since Katrina) and to be honest I would prefer just us girls! :goodvibes

Kathy it is so nice of you to let Kyle take the car tonight!:rotfl:

Thanks for the advice about resubscribing to a thread!

It really is nasty outside tonight...I think all of the parades around here have been cancelled!

It will be just me @ our meet; my hubby is my babysitter...we are all alone in this big city (all of our family members have moved since Katrina) and to be honest I would prefer just us girls! :goodvibes

Kathy it is so nice of you to let Kyle take the car tonight!:rotfl:

Thanks for the advice about resubscribing to a thread!

I just had to let him take the car away from me.:rotfl:

It'll just be me at the meet too, DH said "Y'all go have fun, I'll stay home with Sammie (the dog)!!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Good Morning NOLA and Happy Saturday. It's still very gloomy here in Mandeville but at least the rain has stopped.

Good Morning NOLA and Happy Saturday. It's still very gloomy here in Mandeville but at least the rain has stopped.

Hi GW! Ohhh, I just missed seeing your posts at 22,222. :teacher:

Morning Y'all,

Started my Saturday off in a rotten way. :sad1: I had filled the coffee pot with beans & water last night, to make a full pot of coffee & set the timer. Expected to get up to some delicious fresh ground & brewed coffee only to coffee dripping everywhere!:eek: I had forgotten to empty the about half pot left in carafe! It dripped down into my three pot drawers inside the wall of the cabinets, seeped through and ran into the grout of the tile. I had to empty everything out & am still waiting for it all to dry to put my kitchen back together.

And it's still yucky outside & I have to get to the drugstore for rx's before they close at 2. I want to go back to bed & pull the covers over my head.

Morning Y'all,

Started my Saturday off in a rotten way. :sad1: I had filled the coffee pot with beans & water last night, to make a full pot of coffee & set the timer. Expected to get up to some delicious fresh ground & brewed coffee only to coffee dripping everywhere!:eek: I had forgotten to empty the about half pot left in carafe! It dripped down into my three pot drawers inside the wall of the cabinets, seeped through and ran into the grout of the tile. I had to empty everything out & am still waiting for it all to dry to put my kitchen back together.

And it's still yucky outside & I have to get to the drugstore for rx's before they close at 2. I want to go back to bed & pull the covers over my head.

Sheryl - I did that a couple of years back, I know what a mess you faced.:hug:

Hey y'all!

I've spent the entire morning scrubbing molding and other various wood trim in Sienna's future room with a toothbrush. Ugh. :faint: I also scrubbed the walls and windows down with soapy water. I'm a little horrified at how dirty that room had gotten. I'm embarrased to say that we really haven't done anything with it since we bought the house in 2001, and it definitely shows! It was always our "rainy day project", renovating that room. But we're almost there! :cool1: We bought the paint yesterday, which was a very difficult decision. I wanted a color that would blend in with the rest of the house (we have a Caribbean color scheme going :beach: ) but would be ok both for a girl and for us in case we decide to switch rooms with her (which would happen if we have another baby). So the color is called "Gulf Winds" (fitting, I think) and is a sky blue with a hint of green in it. It will look good with pastel girly things. :cutie:

So far it looks like the weather will be rainy for Mardi Gras and Endymion. :guilty: But we still have days to go, hopefully the outlook will improve.

Sheryl- yikes, what a mess! Definitely a day to crawl back into bed! Hopefully your day has improved since this morning.

Hey y'all,

Thanks y'all. It wasn't the best way to start the day, that for sure! Well after cleaning out the cabinets, I did go back to bed & pull the covers over my head! What a mess, the coffee had gotten everywhere inside the cabinets & then dripped out to the floor. I'm still not sure if my tile grout is discolored or just not drying completely yet.

Lorie, Sounds like a hard morning for you! Scrubbing with a toothbrush is never a fun way to spend a Saturday! But now that you have it all cleaned up, I hope you'll take some "before" pics & after pics for us! Gulf Winds is surely an appropriate color! I'm sure it's going to be so pretty!

Hi guys .... I am finally home! This has been a day...

It started out with us leaving the house @ 6:30 this morning to get to Slidell for DD 1st Gymnastics meet. She did well for her 1st time. She placed 4th (there were 20 kids in her age group). I am so proud of her. :cheer2: It ended @ 12:30 so we drove to Semolina's for lunch. We then came staight home and took a 15 min. nap. We got up and dressed and then left home @ 3 to head to the Hannah Montana concert which started @ 4. It ended @ 6:30 and back home we came. Whew...

You guys would not believe the number of limo's we saw out there. It was unbelievable.

So once we get home my dd has a complete melt down! I guess she is so tired from today but boy was she acting like a complete BRAT! I sent her to her room and do not wish to see her for a while. (It is so hard having an only child; we give her alot but try to instill values at the same time. She seems so ungrateful sometimes though!) :mad:

Well I am pooped so I am about to take a very long hot bath. Have a good night everyone.

Did you guys go to any parades today?

Hi guys .... I am finally home! This has been a day...

It started out with us leaving the house @ 6:30 this morning to get to Slidell for DD 1st Gymnastics meet. She did well for her 1st time. She placed 4th (there were 20 kids in her age group). I am so proud of her. :cheer2: It ended @ 12:30 so we drove to Semolina's for lunch. We then came staight home and took a 15 min. nap. We got up and dressed and then left home @ 3 to head to the Hannah Montana concert which started @ 4. It ended @ 6:30 and back home we came. Whew...

You guys would not believe the number of limo's we saw out there. It was unbelievable.

So once we get home my dd has a complete melt down! I guess she is so tired from today but boy was she acting like a complete BRAT! I sent her to her room and do not wish to see her for a while. (It is so hard having an only child; we give her alot but try to instill values at the same time. She seems so ungrateful sometimes though!) :mad:

Well I am pooped so I am about to take a very long hot bath. Have a good night everyone.

Did you guys go to any parades today?

Terry, I did nothing but make messes today! After this mornings mess, I was getting ready to make cheese grits for dinner & knocked a whole cup all over the kitchen!

How was the concert? Too much little girl screaming to hear Miley/Hannah's singing?

4th place is SUPER!! :cheer2: For her 1st meet that is a great job!

Sorry she had a meltdown, but I'm sure that was a long day. My dd was an only child also. And so far it looks like Alexis will be too. I know I had high expectations for my DD & worked hard to avoid bratty behavior.

I'm not doing nearly as well with Alexis. I'm older, I've mellowed & I'm in more of a grandmotherly role, but she spends more of her waking hours in my house than her parents. I'm starting to notice that not cracking down may have some ugly consequences!

Good Morning ladies! Boy I went to be @ 10 and just woke up! This old lady can't hang w/the little kids anymore!

Terry, I did nothing but make messes today! After this mornings mess, I was getting ready to make cheese grits for dinner & knocked a whole cup all over the kitchen!

How was the concert? Too much little girl screaming to hear Miley/Hannah's singing?

4th place is SUPER!! :cheer2: For her 1st meet that is a great job!

Sorry she had a meltdown, but I'm sure that was a long day. My dd was an only child also. And so far it looks like Alexis will be too. I know I had high expectations for my DD & worked hard to avoid bratty behavior.

I'm not doing nearly as well with Alexis. I'm older, I've mellowed & I'm in more of a grandmotherly role, but she spends more of her waking hours in my house than her parents. I'm starting to notice that not cracking down may have some ugly consequences!

Shovan - I am sorry you had such a crazy day; hopefully today is better.:hug:

The concert was great! We had suite tickets so we were not in the midst of the screaming kids however we could still hear them! DD sang and danced for 50 mins.!

She finally came around and apologized for her behavior but after seval minutes of trying to get me too 1st. :rolleyes:

Terry - So true. And the amount of "stuff" that the kids have these days is overwhelming to us because we didn't have all of that. I sometimes think that they think they're entitled to it all. All we can do is try and instill the values and morals and pray that we do a good job.:goodvibes

Not feeling very well today, I'd like to just stay in bed. It was one year ago today that I lost my Mom.:sad1:

Terry - So true. And the amount of "stuff" that the kids have these days is overwhelming to us because we didn't have all of that. I sometimes think that they think they're entitled to it all. All we can do is try and instill the values and morals and pray that we do a good job.:goodvibes

Not feeling very well today, I'd like to just stay in bed. It was one year ago today that I lost my Mom.:sad1:

Thanks TigerKat for the reassurance. She is a straight A student so we do not mind getting her things but I don't appreciate ungratefulness and I will NOT tolerate it.

:hug: to you today! We are here for you. I am sure she is smiling down on you.

:hug: for you Kathy.

We saw the Sparta parade downtown last night and ate at Drago's. It was delicious, only thing I have a "funny" stomach, and the chargrilled oysters got me into some trouble. I should know better. Why is it that the stuff that makes food delicious (butter, cream sauce, etc.) is bad for me? I would love to just order whatever I want off a menu, but I just can't happen. I am sorry, just ranting.

The kids went their own way last night. They both saw the Caesar parade with friends. It was odd not having them with us, but kinda nice too.

I think we will go to Barkus today, if I can get everyone up and moving. Ya'll have a great day.

:hug: for you Kathy.

We saw the Sparta parade downtown last night and ate at Drago's. It was delicious, only thing I have a "funny" stomach, and the chargrilled oysters got me into some trouble. I should know better. Why is it that the stuff that makes food delicious (butter, cream sauce, etc.) is bad for me? I would love to just order whatever I want off a menu, but I just can't happen. I am sorry, just ranting.

The kids went their own way last night. They both saw the Caesar parade with friends. It was odd not having them with us, but kinda nice too.

I think we will go to Barkus today, if I can get everyone up and moving. Ya'll have a great day.

We are walking out the door to go hit Barkus too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter