Metro New Orleans DISers - check in!!! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey girls

Sheryl, your bathroom is gorgeous! I love the rope design on the cabinet:love:

Kathy, I am so happy for Kyle with his new wheels! He sounds like such a loving boy.

I also feel bad for his breakup. My son David fell hard last month for a girl, but she has made it clear she is not interested in him "that" way. They went on a few dates and I thought things were going well. Not so. I really hurt for him.

These kids are something else - Kyle has been telling me about a "friend" named Brooke who has really helped him (texting) the past few days. Brooke has been going out with a boy for over a year, about the same time as Kyle & Abi. Well guess what....Brooke broke up with her boyfriend today.:rolleyes1 He's said he doesn't want to get back into another relationship right away and wants to focus on baseball, but now it looks like Brooke may be entering the picture.:sad2:

These kids are something else - Kyle has been telling me about a "friend" named Brooke who has really helped him (texting) the past few days. Brooke has been going out with a boy for over a year, about the same time as Kyle & Abi. Well guess what....Brooke broke up with her boyfriend today.:rolleyes1 He's said he doesn't want to get back into another relationship right away and wants to focus on baseball, but now it looks like Brooke may be entering the picture.:sad2:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Yes indeed, Brooke was " helping" wasnt she. ;)
Damn teenage girls can be so transparent sometimes.

shovan, your new bathroom is fantastic! I love the fleur de lis on the door.

TigerKat, love the car!!

:lovestruc

Guys - I don't think this will affect our thread but Webmaster Alex is doing some work tonight starting at 10:00. It seem they think the "large threads" with 10,000 posts could be slowing things down. They say they're only going to hide the large threads for a while, not erase them. If our thread is not there in the morning we'll just start a new one. Maybe we should just do that anyway?????

Hi ladies...

Kathy - I remember those days when you broke up and found another very quickly..

I am open to whatever...dinner, french quarter fest...

Sheryl, your bathroom is beautiful. I love the outlets hidden in the cabinet...great idea.

Kathy, what a great boy you have and what a sweet text from him and I love his new car!!!

Morning Y'all,

Kathy it's morning & we are still here, thank goodness! I think I would have freaked, coming to check in & not finding "us"!

That was a great surprise for your boy! I can't imagine how excited he must be about it. And didn't I tell you, someone else would come along quickly to help him feel better! Amazing how Brooke just happen to break up with her boyfriend this week, isn't it! :laughing:

Good morning. Anyone going to the parades tonight? I hope the weather is okay for them. DD is riding in Excalibur in Metairie tonight.

My sister turned the big 4-0 yesterday. She called me last night and says "Guess what I just got for my birthday? A trip to Disneyworld for Mardi Gras week!!!" She is so excited. I excited for her.:cool1: Her husband booked and kept secret a stay at Wilderness Lodge. He booked it 2 months ago. I could never keep that a secret.

Terry, you are so right about finding another quickly. Last week, a new family moved into our neighborhood. They have a really cute girl around my son's age. He takes the dogs out for walks every day now:rotfl: This is funny because I used to have to practically beg he and his sister to walk the dogs. Not anymore.

Good morning all!!!

Yuck gotta drive to downtown B.R. to the courthouse, that is just what I want to be doing today!!!
Gonna try and hit the B.R. parade tonight, but it may just be too chilly again. At least wont have four kiddos to chase around this time, it will just be my little guy and I know he will happily sit with us in the SUV till the parade starts.

Boards seem to be moving faster this morning.

Happy Friday!

Hey guys, for those that didnt see it, I think we talked alot yesterday so it go buried LOL. Ive come up with some dates for our get together .

March 29th, April 5th or April 11th.

April 5th works the best for me cuz we can spend the night that night, but April 11th while Chad wouldnt be able to make it might would be fun cuz its the French Quarter Festival and we could stuff our faces LOL.

Check your calenders!

Happy Friday y'all!

Sheryl - The vanity / bathroom updates are spectacular! Looks like you really put some thought into the design - love the hidden outlets & tucked away mirror! I really like the hide-away doors to give Bob access to the vanity. It doesn't scream "accessible" bathroom like some I've seen with a knee panel insert. I also love the way you tied in the look of your antique dresser.

Kathy - So cool you could surprise Kyle with the car! Much better than the granny car I had for my 1st set of wheels. And doesn't it just make your heart swell when you get that kind of sincere gratitude? My soon to be 7yr old knows just where to push Mom's buttons. Out of the blue he'll come up with a huge hug & a "you're the best cooker, Mom!"

Late March or April for a get together, huh? Baseball season for my boys, but I'll try my best to make the date work. It'll be tough to try and get everybody's schedules to match. Let's just pick a date & hope for the best!

Hey guys, for those that didnt see it, I think we talked alot yesterday so it go buried LOL. Ive come up with some dates for our get together .

April 5th works the best for me cuz we can spend the night that night, but April 11th while Chad wouldnt be able to make it might would be fun cuz its the French Quarter Festival and we could stuff our faces LOL.

Check your calenders!

The only one of those dates that isn't good for me is 3/29, we'll be in Morgan City for baseball.

Check your calenders!

Happy Friday y'all!

Sheryl - The vanity / bathroom updates are spectacular! Looks like you really put some thought into the design - love the hidden outlets & tucked away mirror! I really like the hide-away doors to give Bob access to the vanity. It doesn't scream "accessible" bathroom like some I've seen with a knee panel insert. I also love the way you tied in the look of your antique dresser.

Kathy - So cool you could surprise Kyle with the car! Much better than the granny car I had for my 1st set of wheels. And doesn't it just make your heart swell when you get that kind of sincere gratitude? My soon to be 7yr old knows just where to push Mom's buttons. Out of the blue he'll come up with a huge hug & a "you're the best cooker, Mom!"

Late March or April for a get together, huh? Baseball season for my boys, but I'll try my best to make the date work. It'll be tough to try and get everybody's schedules to match. Let's just pick a date & hope for the best!

Thanks! That is exactly what I was hoping to hear! You made my day! We worked really hard planning it all & hoping to get everything accessible without looking like it was!

Love that comment! the best cooker! :lovestruc When your kid says something like that, it makes the whole world seem right!!! :goodvibes

Good morning - glad we're still here!!:goodvibes

Kathy, I didn't see the notice about the long threads. Should we start up a new one?

The only one of those dates that isn't good for me is 3/29, we'll be in Morgan City for baseball.

As far as I know now, any date works for me. So either the 5th or the 11th depending on what everyone wants to do.

Sheryl - We still have about 2,000 posts to go so I'm going to wait & see what the outcome of this test is. I'm not all that concerned about us here, we'll be fine if we have to start a new one, but the WFD thread, that's another story.:eek: I'm copying & pasting a lot of the recipes today.

Morning NOLA. ITS COLD OUT AGAIN THIS MORNING....

the 5th or the 11th works for me too.

HELP: I mistakenly unsubscribed to this thread...how do I resubscribe....

Sheryl - We still have about 2,000 posts to go so I'm going to wait & see what the outcome of this test is. I'm not all that concerned about us here, we'll be fine if we have to start a new one, but the WFD thread, that's another story.:eek: I'm copying & pasting a lot of the recipes today.

That's a good idea to wait & see. I would have been lost though if I couldn't have found my Nola buds! And I'm really upset at the possibility that all those recipes could be lost! I sure hope they put it back up again like they said they would. I feel really bad for Lindsay too! All her time keeping that updated & it could be gone???!!! Not good...

DH's state counselor will be coming by to do a final run through on the bathroom. We'll be taking her out to lunch to show our appreciation. She really has a pretty thankless job. Overworked, underpaid, really a shame cus she's a person who really cares about the people she helps.

Terry, Once you post, it should have resubscribed for you. If not go into your User CP & you can do it in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter