MGM Character Meal Update Thread

The 4 kids in our group really wanted the Pixar Bunch & Honestly So did us Grown-Ups....
We love Buzz & Woody!
Quite Disappointed !!
Why would Disney do this???? :sad2:

THESCHULTZFIVE said:
I just booked the Playhouse Disney Meal(as a breakfast, but they do lunch also) so I guess that's that.

Where is this character meal?? Is it new? What all do you know about it? And, does anyone have an 800 # for dining? I don't know if there is one, but the long distance number is costly when you have lots of reservations to make!

SLDL said:
Where is this character meal?? Is it new? What all do you know about it? And, does anyone have an 800 # for dining? I don't know if there is one, but the long distance number is costly when you have lots of reservations to make!
It's at Hollywood & Vine. The first date is June 25. I called the 407 number so i don't know about a toll free number. I saw on another site it's $13 for kids and $23. or $25 for adults. There is lunch or breakfast. It says it's JoJo, Goliath, Leo, and June and playhouse disney pals. Some singing and dancing. The menu is regular breakfast buffet stuff. Lunch is baked chicken, deli meat, breads, salads, mashed potatoes, oven roated potatoes, and more.

I am very interested in this character meal!! What other website did you read this info? Thanks

SLDL said:

I found this on intercot

"Character Dining Returns to Hollywood & Vine

Beginning June 25, 2006, Character Dining will return to MGM-Studios' Hollywood & Vine Restaurant. Guests can dine, get autographs, sing and dance with Playhouse Disney pals JoJo & Goliath, and June & Leo from Little Einsteins. The character dining experience is available for breakfast and lunch. Dinner will remain a non-character meal and a dining option for the Fantasmic! Dinner Package. Reservations are available for booking starting today, April 25th."

My boys will be turning 5 and 7 the week we go in November, and I was REALLY hoping for Buzz, Woody, and Sarge. When asking my younger son if he would like to go to this one (he watches Little Einsteins but not JoJo), he said "no way. That not for big kids" Ahh...too cute for his own good. :love:

bellenbuzz said:
The 4 kids in our group really wanted the Pixar Bunch & Honestly So did us Grown-Ups....
We love Buzz & Woody!
Quite Disappointed !!
Why would Disney do this???? :sad2:

I agree! :mad:

mrs_p_bear said:
I found this on intercot

"Character Dining Returns to Hollywood & Vine

Beginning June 25, 2006, Character Dining will return to MGM-Studios' Hollywood & Vine Restaurant. Guests can dine, get autographs, sing and dance with Playhouse Disney pals JoJo & Goliath, and June & Leo from Little Einsteins. The character dining experience is available for breakfast and lunch. Dinner will remain a non-character meal and a dining option for the Fantasmic! Dinner Package. Reservations are available for booking starting today, April 25th."

My boys will be turning 5 and 7 the week we go in November, and I was REALLY hoping for Buzz, Woody, and Sarge. When asking my younger son if he would like to go to this one (he watches Little Einsteins but not JoJo), he said "no way. That not for big kids" Ahh...too cute for his own good. :love:

Could they have found a more annoying venue then the Playhouse Disney Pals...my gosh no one over the age of 6 is going to be remotly interested in this character meal!
:confused3

One must wonder if they had everything up and ready to go and then the characters fell through from Pixar so they went with this. I really wonder how it will do. There are a lot of little kids at WDW and the price for them is much cheaper.

We might go for breakfast to eat (there's no other good place at MGM) and to get into the park early :)

Maybe they are doing it along with the Magical Beginnings advertisement for preschoolers which is their new fall promo and discounts.

We are excited too. I just booked it for my two toddlers and six year old for Sept. We love the Little Einsteins.................. :cheer2:

nurseypoo5 said:
Could they have found a more annoying venue then the Playhouse Disney Pals...my gosh no one over the age of 6 is going to be remotly interested in this character meal!
:confused3

but there are tons under 6 that will!! :)

Making my ADR this Thursday for October!

lillygator said:
but there are tons under 6 that will!! :)

The problem is that it caters to such specific group, it isn't even one that older siblings will enjoy. Where as Toy Story, the Incredibles, Tarzan, etc. though it would be targeted to boys, many girls would enjoy it. As well as children of all ages. I am sooooooo disapointed, my boys really would have enjoyed it. :guilty:
Still, I am happy (I guess) for all you pre-school moms. ;)

Happy for the little ones but sad for us. :rolleyes2 My kids are 7 and 11...no way would they be interested in this. :sad2: Me either for that matter. I was really wanting Buzz, Woody and the Incredibles. Oh Well!!!!
I really think they do need something that is more appealing to the (6 - 12) older boy. I would love to see a Hero meal or even a Villian meal.
The boys really do get the short end of the stick with character meals. My DS puts up with all the princess stuff for my DD..it would really be great to have something for him.

I can't imagine that JoJo's circus and such really appeals to the masses.

Starting today, April 25, 2006, reservations can be made for a NEW character breakfast or lunch at Hollywood & Vine at Disney-MGM Studios. (Dinner will continue to be a NON-character meal.) Characters featured include: JoJo and Goliath from JoJo's Circus and June and Leo from the Little Einsteins. The meals will be hosted by the Playhouse Pals, who will entertain diners with Playhouse Disney songs and dancing.

Just booked breakfast for August!!!! :cheer2:

I'm surprised that they put together a meal with what seems like such a limited demographic. I don't really care either way, just becasue it doesn't appeal to me doesn't mean that many others willnot benefit from it. I think playhouse disney is hot with the under five crowd so I'm sure it will cater to thoses needs. However it does bring back the possibility of an all villian meal once again since that is a much more narrow demographic as well.

boohoo said:
Starting today, April 25, 2006, reservations can be made for a NEW character breakfast or lunch at Hollywood & Vine at Disney-MGM Studios. (Dinner will continue to be a NON-character meal.) Characters featured include: JoJo and Goliath from JoJo's Circus and June and Leo from the Little Einsteins. The meals will be hosted by the Playhouse Pals, who will entertain diners with Playhouse Disney songs and dancing.

Just booked breakfast for August!!!! :cheer2:
I was thinking of changing my WHOLE VACATION to August now with the new Playhouse Disney Concert, but I can't bring myself to do it. I would miss MNSSHP too much and DH would have to change his vacation and all that. Well, please report back how the concert and the character meal were.

I guess I am on the thought if it such a limited demogrphic they maybe should get rid of PHD at MGM as well....I'm happy but would have loved Buzz as well...we'll do any and all character meals!! And maybe it is just a filler until the other one is "settled".....anything for a few more $$

I just booked the Hollywood & Vine character buffet for our trip in October. I asked both of my kids this morning if they wanted to eat lunch with JoJo and Goliath and they both said "YES". That was all I needed to hear!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter