MGM Character Meal Update Thread

THESCHULTZFIVE said:
I was thinking of changing my WHOLE VACATION to August now with the new Playhouse Disney Concert, but I can't bring myself to do it. I would miss MNSSHP too much and DH would have to change his vacation and all that. Well, please report back how the concert and the character meal were.

I am thinking of changing mine too. DH and I are discussing it this afternoon. My girls would love to see the Wiggles and Doodlebops. We get there the day after the last Wiggles concert. :confused3

When are the Wiggles going to be there??

Well I guess I'm in the minority here - but I'm thrilled about the Playhouse Disney meal. My DD loves Little Einstein's and JoJo and Goliath - and I like them too. I would have loved a Toy Story Meal also....but I'm still thrilled with this one.

WDWorBUST said:
When are the Wiggles going to be there??

Well I guess I'm in the minority here - but I'm thrilled about the Playhouse Disney meal. My DD loves Little Einstein's and JoJo and Goliath - and I like them too. I would have loved a Toy Story Meal also....but I'm still thrilled with this one.

The Wiggles are scheduled for 8/29-9/1. According to the AllEars newsletter, there will be several performances each day, though I don't know where.

PRINCESSMOMX3 said:
I am thinking of changing mine too. DH and I are discussing it this afternoon. My girls would love to see the Wiggles and Doodlebops. We get there the day after the last Wiggles concert. :confused3
At least you would only have a little change. We're not scheduled to go until OCTOBER. I know my girls would love to see the Doodlebops and Wiggles, and I have to admit I love Johnny and the Sprites, but we're sticking with October. Have Fun!!

I didnt know about this and I have been toying with the idea of taking a short trip over the labor day weekend. This certainly would be fun if i can swing the time off for the trip.

THESCHULTZFIVE said:
At least you would only have a little change. We're not scheduled to go until OCTOBER. I know my girls would love to see the Doodlebops and Wiggles, and I have to admit I love Johnny and the Sprites, but we're sticking with October. Have Fun!!

Thanks to the WIGGLES I am getting not one but two extra days at WDW :bounce: :bounce:
Can't wait for a Wiggley Good Time.

what is the playhouse concert and when is it showing?

Have booked einsteins/jojo breakfast my 2 little ones will love it

There's a schedule listed that says:
Mickey's Magic Show- 8/16-8/19 and 8/24-8/27
Doodlebops- 8/20-8/23
Wiggles- 8/29-9/1

It also mentions Johnny and the Sprites and Dan Zanes, but dosen't have dates listed.

As always the DIS is awesome! Just booked lunch for my dd on 10/5. Although her 11 year old sister probably won't be too happy about having lunch with JoJo! My Kindergartener LOVES her! :thanks:

I'd love more info on the Wiggles show! Where are they rumored to be performing, etc.? Can someone copy in that info from the Allears newsletter? I get the mousesavers. Looks like I need to subscribe to Allears too. Thanks. B.

Beejie said:
I'd love more info on the Wiggles show! Where are they rumored to be performing, etc.? Can someone copy in that info from the Allears newsletter? I get the mousesavers. Looks like I need to subscribe to Allears too. Thanks. B.
It's on the allears website(allearsnet.com) as well as intercot.com. I don't recall seein on there where they will perform, but it was a pretty long article and I just skimmed it for dates.

ETA: At either website, click on the articles about Magical Beginnings

Beejie said:

i believe they will be at MGM...

Well Disney got us with this one! For our upcoming trip we were planning only one day at the MK and then going to Sea World. However, now with this meal and the Playhouse Disney concerts we are planning on going to MK and MGM. I just booked us for the character lunch. Disney marketing sure knows what they are doing. I figure my son will only be into the PHD stuff for another year or so but will probably always like Shamu!

Has anyone seen a show called Hi-5? It is a show with three young women and two young men. They are all super cute - sing, play instruments, dance, act out cute skits. Very talented group! AND they dress them really funky and cute. This show is sooo much better than The Wiggles and Doodlebops. I can't believe Disney hasn't bought this show. It is on Discovery Kids. My 5 year old LOVES it. And I don't find watching it either. :teeth:

It is cute. My kids love the Save Em's (sp?) on that same channel too.

Disney Blown it with this one,

A Toy Story meal would have been big. Well At least the preschool set will have another option than chef mickey, but us BIG kids are let down again.

You remember us, we are the folks with the money.

Not sure how I feel about this.... we were hoping for the Toy Story too but since we are going with ds3.5 (target market for this meal) we may try it. DS is more into the Nick characters (Dora, Backyardigans etc.) but likes JoJo. I guess I will wait for the early reviews and make up my mind when we get closer to the trip!

My kids have outgrown Jojo, but they love Little Einstiens, even the 6 year old.

We definitely would love Toy Story of Powerrangers or another meal, but the kids were excited at the prospect of seeing the Little Einstiens. Only bummer is that we are going June 5-11th and the meal doesn't start til later in the month. Oh well.

I was just curious if anyone had heard anything else about a character breakfast at MGM. If there isn't going to be one I guess we will be having breakfast at POP on our MGM day.

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter