Michael Myers returns..and so do we....19 Fabulous nights of HHN, RP & SF Sept/Oct 2018

:wave2: I'm coming out of lurkdom and finally commenting on your wonderful trip reports. They made me long to be able to take the dh and 2 boys. I was there 2 years ago with our adult dd and we had a blast. I have been trying to convince the dh that we need to take the boy there as they all ( him included ) would absolutely love Universal. It doesn't help that we are Canadian and our dollar is very low and honestly...life stuff happens that always takes our holiday funds away. OH well...maybe next year. So i live vicariously through your trip reports!!!!

So far, it sounds like your having a wonderful trip minus a few hiccups. I can't wait to hear and read more

P.S I really don't like scary movies...as much as the dh and boys enjoy them, I don't think I could do the HHN. And I know they would LOVE to do it!!!!

:welcome: along Pumpkin1172..........

I’m so glad you came out of lurkdom and posted!!!

I hear you on the exchange rate........ours sucks too and has done for a while.........we remember the days we used to get $2 to our £1.....those were good days!!!

You’ll get there........I’m sure you will........yep, life stuff does get in the way. Your kids will love it when you do go.....but how lovely you were there with your daughter. Bet that was a wonderful trip........

Lol on HHN!!! Yes, it’s not for everyone.......I see your kids are 14 and 16.......they absolutely would adore the event.......maybe you need to start building up and aim to go.........lol.......you’d love it!!! :rolleyes1

But, thank you for the compliments, it’s lovely to read and I’m so glad you are enjoying it........and hope you enjoy the rest.......one or two “hiccups” still to come, but it was a fabulous trip.........look forward to seeing you post some more..........:wave2:

I`ve deleted my pm`s and forget who asked me a very particular question about Aventura...…..

Could you please resend and I`ll find out if I can for you...….sorry for the late reply, I forgot!!!

Or alternatively we have the Stickies at the top of the page if you`d like to ask there......

I'm finally caught up again! I meant to comment a few posts back, but you can count Davy as one that actually loves the Jimmy Fallon ride. He didn't want to go on it, but we did during the VIP tour and he ended up loving it.

When nightfall arrived it truly was beautiful up there......the lights from the surrounding hotels alone were pretty, but seeing everything around lit up was a sight to see...….this really was the highlight of our time up in the rooftop bar.

i-sQmDnbt-XL.jpg

i-PtXzXpT-XL.jpg

i-pM7KJkP-XL.jpg

i-5XnHxXT-XL.jpg

This space bemused us a little...….I could imagine they would use it for events and have it filled up with tables and guests as an extra area adjacent to the bar, but right now it looked like a wasted space...….

i-HMVSqnR-XL.jpg

We could also see the MK fireworks when they started....the bar staff will tell everyone when they do begin although they are hard to miss...….and very beautiful they are too even from the distance. You can see them clearly too.

We were done after the fireworks...…..I didn't think we would come back up here throughout our stay. It was nice, but not fun nor was it special...….but, with that, it was busy enough...……

Tom looked at me and I looked at him and both said the same thing...……..Strongwater Bar……

This really is our favourite bar in the whole of Universal Orlando resort...…..it is special and we adore going there.

We head down in the elevator and walk over the short distance to Sapphire......and we again remark, although we aren't staying here yet this visit, it does feel as much a home resort to us as RPR does...….very welcoming hotel.

Few minutes later we are strolling into the bar which is fairly quiet tonight...…..

Although we know most of the staff enough for them to remember our names every visit, they treat everyone as special...….we love to people watch and watch how folks interact with others so seeing a genuine care for guests is nice to see...….

Tom goes out to take a few pictures of the view from here too...……love this view!!!

i-Gn8RW7D-XL.jpg

So, we have Brittany taking care of us tonight...…..she knows our faces as we are in there a lot, and we had commented she had never taken care of us before, but she had and it was just as the hotel hadn't long opened...…...she remembered who we were with that night and then I did remember it was her......she is such a lovely girl and knows her rums too......as they all do.

Tom was doing a rum flight tonight...….and asked Brittany for her and Lenny to make the choice...…he knew it would be lovely whichever ones they chose......he did mention a few he liked to give them an idea...…..he has done more than a few rum tastings in here over the last two years, but they have so many rums, I doubt they`ll ever run out of choices...……

My choice was simple. Rum Revival...…...loved this cocktail...……..

i-nVc7f9M-XL.jpg

i-Hnd7mVr-XL.jpg

They were all lovely...…..mine especially as I prefer a cocktail over straight rum usually...…...Tom`s choices were good ones......he had tried one of them before but the other two were new and he enjoyed them all. And of course you do get the story of the rums from the Captain which are always interesting, if you like rum...….

We were hungry now...…..the shrimp hadn't even filled a corner between the two of us...…...so we went through the menu and we have tried everything now except the vegetarian options...…..so we went for Choripapa and Caribbean Ceviche which is our favourite of all the ceviches……..

The choripapa is basically potato confit and chicken chorizo with a few added ingredients and a couple of sauces...…..very nice...…...and the Caribbean ceviche has shrimp, scallops and grouper with various ingredients and coconut cream which we love!!!

i-czr5C8k-XL.jpg

i-DH6JQLF-XL.jpg

We happily shared these between us and they were delicious...…..and Brittany was able to stop by and chat a few times.....the food here is on another level......the chef Carlos, who we hadn't met yet, takes incredible pride in his menu and changes and updates it regularly......so at times the online menu is a little out of date...….

We hadn't ever eaten anything here we didn't like......and even Kyle liked it in here....it is of tremendous quality and portions aren't tiny, they are very shareable, but not huge. So you can taste a few options over an evening and they are very well priced for the portions you do get.

Tom was happily getting through his flight so I ordered a special......and I can`t remember the name......it was a HHN special, although you can ask for it throughout the year...…..Brittany said I could try it and if I didn't like it have something else...….just remembered the name, it was called the Witch Doctor...…….

It was lovely...…...

If it has rum in it now, I`ll usually like it...…….Tom marvels how a few years ago I would never choose rum as an option...….but now we have a vast rum collection at home alongside our other liquors or as we call them in the UK, spirits….…......some of them we had managed to bring back safely from Orlando well wrapped up in bubble wrap and clothes...…thankfully!!!!

i-gsWSxvJ-XL.jpg

When we were just about done, Brittany very kindly brought over two drinks on her to see what we thought of them......they were rather unusually pumpkin spice flavoured rums...….and they were lovely......I wouldn't order one usually, but as an ending to the evening they were just perfect and we thought it was so kind of her...…..

i-Wm2DvDk-XL.jpg

By now we were whooped...…….we had enjoyed a few drinks tonight, but they had been so spread out over the evening......we didn't even feel tipsy which was ideal as we had to walk back over to RPR...…..this was where our room in SF was ideal...…...not so far to walk!!!

We thank and pay Brittney and make sure she knows how grateful we are and tell her we`ll see her soon...…….

The walk over is so quiet, we don't even see a security guard tonight, but we know they are around.....and we usually do, it`s never empty even during the night, there are always folks rumbling around...….quite reassuring…….t`s just weird how massive it is back there and to see no one, it feels a bit like a famous hotel from the Shining...….......

I had spooked myself once muttering "redrum.....redrum" wandering past the empty and massive ballrooms......and we ran into someone...….lol.....served me right!!!!

But, it was very quiet tonight...…..and before long we were upstairs...……

Turndown had been of course, and had left us extra water...….and had left us a towel animal on the bed with a lovely little note.....I didn't take a picture as we were shattered, we carefully moved it to the side and would take a pic tomorrow...….they had left the room with the lights dimmed too which is always lovely to come home to.

For now, it was a lot of water, well not too much as we didn't want to be up all night...…..and then we were out for the count. I believe it was around midnight again by the time we put the lights out.

Tomorrow was IOA...….and forecast was even hotter!!!!

I'm finally caught up again! I meant to comment a few posts back, but you can count Davy as one that actually loves the Jimmy Fallon ride. He didn't want to go on it, but we did during the VIP tour and he ended up loving it.

lol...….well someone`s got to love it!!!! I`m glad he enjoys it though, always good when you don't expect to like something and you do!!!!

Glad you`re all caught up...….always enjoy reading your comments...…..:thumbsup2

I think we may be that friend!!!!!

Someone asked us yesterday how many pictures we took on this trip alone...…...a lot!!! But, they`re memories...…!!!

Again we were wakened really early...….so thought we might as well get up...….we always like the idea of sleeping later and not going out as early, but it never happens. I would love to sleep till 10am or even later, but I think I was around 19 last time that happened and I had been out till 3am!!! I miss the 80`s at times...…..amazing music and the most colourful and vibrant clothes you can imagine...….so much fun!!!!

So, up and showered and all before 7.30am!!!! I was starving this morning...…...and strangely so was Tom...….that man very rarely says he`s hungry, never mind starving...….so we were downstairs before we knew it today...…..and again the lounge was very quiet...….usually we were a little later down and thought we might have missed the rush, but no rush this morning...….

Tom enjoyed his usual croissants and honey and I had my usual too, added in some little mini donuts and some coffee and we were set...….after spending a little time chatting as is usual for us, we were heading back up to get our sunscreen on and as we went in we realized we had forgotten to put the tv off, and again the same cheerful woman was informing us it was indeed going to be blazing hot today...….we did wonder at this point how much hotter could it get!!!

We love the walk to IOA...……and as soon as we left the cold of the building the blast of heat hits us like a brick in the face!!!! But, we loved this heat all the same...…...and realized it was only around 8.45am...…..weather girl had been correct...…..

The walk to the parks is very pretty......and our camera finally unfogged so we could take a picture of the beautiful Sapphire Falls. Never fails to impress.....although Aventura looming over the rooftop does change the picture perfect image somewhat.

i-sV5RGq7-XL.jpg

It is a beautiful walk and plenty of shade which is appreciated this morning......you can really feel the immense heat when you do come out of the shade of the trees......and we pass a family who are running, yes, running back to the hotel.....they aren't jogging they have forgotten something......and I cannot imagine in this heat even breaking into a fast stroll never mind running with bags and 3 children!!!!

i-Z87Q6bV-XL.jpg

The park had already opened when we got to the gates, and there was quite a line, not huge but everyone was hugged towards the gates closest whereas there were staff further back with no one...….they were calling for folks to go to them, but some didn't notice...…..we walked straight over to a lady and avoided any line...…..and straight in to the store to cool down already...…….I actually had sweat on my face and we were only at the entrance...…..

We did wander around and spent a little time before we went back out into the blazing heat...…..we did think we want to stay in the parks most of the day today, but we would rethink that one as the day wore on...…..

Port of Entry is a classic. So beautiful and the music is appropriate somehow...….the vibrancy of the colours on the individually designed buildings are something to see......very pretty...….

i-LfLW8zN-XL.jpg

i-DNgHm7K-XL.jpg

We were heading to The Hulk, but stopped to take a few pictures...…..Confisco Grill often gets passed by people just wanting to get into the parks......it is a lovely little restaurant. Sometimes folks can`t see past mythos in IOA but CG is better in many ways to us...….menu is lovely and never had a bad meal here in all our years visiting.....service is very friendly usually. And beautifully cool inside......not freezing cold like Mythos always is......which can be nice at first, but I have been known to end up shivering with cold in there and go outside for a while to warm up...….it is that cold!!!! We planned to have lunch in Confisco Grill today.

i-rVm6Wgv-XL.jpg

It wasn't deserted today, but this picture certainly gives you the idea that no one is around...…….it is lovely to go down and have a look around the lagoon from any of the vantage points......and I think today we really wanted to just find shade...…

i-nQL4J8B-XL.jpg

The Hulk.

One of the finest coasters around...…..we loved this one and this was the first "big" coaster I ever went on...…..I don't count Indiana Jones or Space Mountain in Disneyland Paris...….although they were fun at the time!!! Many years ago...….but this one I had yearned to go on our first year visiting...….and regretted the whole year that I didn't have the nerve...…...so when I did go on it the following year I was proud I had found the courage and never looked back......the bigger the better now as far as I was concerned...…..of course Tom and Kyle have always loved them, so they were glad I would now be joining them on rides like this...…….

We always ask for the front row, we just prefer the views...…..rather than looking at the back of the seat in front...…..and we did that today...….front row and we loved it......the take off is amazing on this one........and the first half of the ride we love......the latter stages of the ride are so twisty for me, I could get off half way through if I`m honest...…..but with that, sometimes it`s a one and done for me.....other times I can do it twice......Kyle could do it 30 times in a row, but he`s young!!!! It is a fabulous ride...…..and today was a one and done.

i-R3NMVs5-XL.jpg

We do our usual Dr Doom a few times...….we both love this ride, and it is still the only ride that Tom is even the slightest bit worried about......but he still loves it...…..and then Spiderman...….we go on this one 3 times today, it`s such a good ride...….very similar to TF but I don't like that one at all......and it makes me a little woozy, whereas Spiderman never has made me feel like that...…..

i-QQMnZmX-XL.jpg

We buy two bottles of water from our usual bit and we go sit and drink them in the shade...…..we always try to drink plenty of water while we are in Florida.....especially on days like this...….you can get free cups of water from most places, but we were sticking to bottles as we can easily drink a whole one in one gulp it seemed...….

i-35L2mGn-XL.jpg

Next stop is Toon Lagoon......another area filled with colour and plenty of picture opportunities...…..and lots of water splashing around...….we did try and get a few splashes from it today...…….

i-9s2QBcb-XL.jpg

i-jSMMh8D-XL.jpg

i-kv2HsW6-XL.jpg

Bilge Barges is a ride we only go on when we are in the parks purely doing water rides and then heading back home. This one drenches you to the bone......the water comes in over the top of you in places, and if you are directly under the deluge you will be soaked.....even putting your feet up in front of you won`t make a difference.....your feet will be drenched too!!!

i-n2jXFx5-XL.jpg

So, not today for us...…..but we do head down to Me Ship the Olive...….love this little area down here...…

i-6ggTGnh-XL.jpg

Not quite sure why my eyes are closed in this one!!

i-WfNFhG4-XL.jpg

One of our favourite things to do, yes, I know it`s sad...…...but we love to see folks getting soaked on this....especially if they aren't expecting it.....so, this little bridge is an ideal bridge to watch some unsuspecting folks getting drenched. The water does come out of this with some force...at this bit...….

We see one couple, just the two of them on the barge.....and they face us as they hurl towards the unseen deluge about to drench them......the lady sees us and waves....we wave back and try not to look as if we are laughing at them as they both scream in shock at the copious amounts of water falls on them from behind!!!!! It was funny...…...she must have called us a few names when she realized we could see what was coming...…..are we bad!!!!

i-krnkg5d-XL.jpg

We must have stood there for around 20 minutes and laughed a lot!!!! It was also in the shade which was lovely...…...we see a couple look at us and they wander down...….they look to see what we are looking at then wander back...….maybe it didn't seem as interesting to them, but we loved it!!!! And I knew Kyle would love to see this bit again too in December...…..some people still did the water rides even when it was cooler!!! Not me...…..I wont even go on Jurassic Park ride in our December trips...…..

We walk around the path towards the path overlooking the lagoon again, it really is cute down here and very few people wander down here......usually......but today soon as we got down we were "followed" by what seemed like loads of people, the reality was, it was only around 5 people...….but there`s usually no one here......

i-J9m4sjR-XL.jpg

i-3qXWHvK-XL.jpg

Mythos does look resplendent sitting on the lagoon...…..it is an impressive building and beautiful on the inside...….food for us in there has always been a hit and a miss, and too many misses recently, so won't be going back for a while. But, it`s somewhere you should try if you`ve never been as many people love it...…

i-6SsdNzm-XL.jpg

i-X59C9bB-XL.jpg

i-z5Vd4LJ-XL.jpg

Coming up...…..Potter and Lunch......eventually...……

My son is one of those crazies who rides Dudley Do Right in December! Last year, he rode it while we were all standing by wearing gloves! Teenagers....:rotfl:

We leave the relative tranquility of this little area and we head round to Kong...….last day we were here it was down, and we do like to ride it now and again....it`s not a ride we have to do every time…….and we do see today it is open...….and barely a line......but we still use EP as we prefer the seats to the rea of the vehicle and with EP you are "usually" seated in the back few rows...….not always of course, never any guarantees, I was sure we`d wander back through the full line someday, but today we use the EP line.

You do miss out quite a lot on the short route, and it is a line that's worth seeing if the queue isn't too long...….we had done the full line and enjoyed the SA surprising you......some don't of course, but we love getting scared!!!!

i-2xvFht8-XL.jpg

That`s about all you see from the Express line...….we wander round and there`s a couple of folks in front of us, and as we get up we are being loaded into the vehicle immediately...….it wasn't too busy so we set off straight away. And we don't get Jinks as a "driver" this time...…..

It`s a decent ride, but keep your mouth closed, you do get splashed at times and it`s water of course, but you are supposed to imagine it`s something else depending on the scene at the time...…

It`s an alright ride...….Kong at the end is cool!!!! Take your glasses off at this part as he is real...….

Back out into the sunshine...…..oh wow, it was tremendously hot by now...…..

We have a quick bash on Jurassic Park ride...…..again, no real line so we get on the boat that is sitting as we walk in...…..it`s maybe just over half full......and off we go...…...this is a nice ride. It is so calm and peaceful at the beginning and then you get the excitement of the full blown drop that we love so much.....the lady in front of us is clearly not happy doing this ride......as we are doing the slow ascent she is starting to panic and I pray she doesn`t try to get up or we`ll be stopping.....and once we have dropped, which is amazing...... and then slowing down the lady who maybe early 30`s is crying and yelling at her husband she knew she`d hate it...….she was genuinely upset and I can only imagine the ear bashing he was going to get for that!!!! Thing is he was doing his best not to laugh...…..oh dear!!!! Have never seen anyone cry come off of that before!!

Next stop is Potter...…..yep, it is amazing......and we marvel every single time...…..it is the most incredibly themed area we have seen as is Diagon Alley in the Studios side...….but there is something about the Castle that is so impressive...….they have done an amazing job with both parks.

i-H62nCxd-XL.jpg

i-h4TJ8kk-XL.jpg

We go on FJ once today...….it was deserted...….we were on a vehicle on our own which I couldn't remember happening before….it was fun, but that last swooping bit into the castle always seems to knock me a little.....I can`t close my eyes like some people can when it hits, closing eyes makes it worse for me, I have to be able to focus on something...…..so, another one and done for us today. Tom never minds I can`t do them a load of times some days, he`d be happy just wandering around the parks, doing the rides weren't an essential part of the day anymore. But, it is nice, especially to do them together...…..I tell him I wouldn't mind if he went back on his own, but he prefers when it`s both of us...….

People are drawn to the cool today...….it is quite busy in the shady side of the street...…..usually we see an equal mix of crowds sprawled across the walkway, but not today....

i-TnC44x4-XL.jpg

i-cMZPxG8-XL.jpg

i-WvGJX3v-XL.jpg

The cranes building the new Potter ride aren't pretty, that's for sure...….but the ride when finished is going to be amazing!!! There was quite a long line for butterbeer as always, I don't think even now, a lot of people realize they could go inside and get one...…..I don't really like butterbeer at all......do quite like the fudge which is odd as I don't really like fudge!!! But, a little goes a long way, it is so sweet!!!

Instead of butterbeer we prefer pumpkin fizz...….again, it is quite sweet so we tend to share one between us.....but, we wont be having butterbeer again. I`m glad we tried it, but don't really like it.

The Three Broomsticks is a lovely place to either have a drink or get some food. We usually just have a drink as the food isn't to our taste......but it is a fabulous place and if you look and listen up the stairs you can usually see and hear some stuff!!!

We don't feel like a drink today but we do go in to cool down a little...…..and it is very refreshing to do just that.

i-SZdGKgs-XL.jpg

The rooftops look so pretty with the snow on top, and last December we had seen the bird come out of this tower, well Kyle had spotted it, and we hadn't ever seen it since......we did look every time though.

i-vVkhbpb-XL.jpg

And I did love the fake but very realistic smoke coming out of the chimneys...….

i-sMLtwrF-XL.jpg

i-8MC2Z9D-XL.jpg

HoneyDukes is a wonderful little store...….but usually very busy and today was no different...….and there were some very excitable children in here today!!!! I think it was their first visit and they pointed out every little item to their equally excited parents......I think I forget sometimes what it is to see it for the first time......we still get excited to see it all and we`ve visited hundreds of times...…it was cute though!!!

i-hcw7qNK-XL.jpg

In addition to fudges and all the various candies, they had their themed cupcakes which were gorgeous...…..

i-PhxKmQ7-XL.jpg

i-s3WJjRk-XL.jpg

i-F5Z9SD6-XL.jpg

We don't make any purchases today as we are going to be eating lunch soon......but, it is tempting!!! I think Kyle would have enjoyed the witches hat as it was chocolate......he does love a chocolate cupcake.....well, loves anything chocolate......lol...…

Gotta love the fake train!!!!

i-MMJJTtG-XL.jpg

We have a wander round to The Mystic Fountain, but he was asleep today. Gently snoring away we walked past him and into the area behind the fountain that very few ramble to either...…..of course Sindbad Show was closing, so goodness knows what kind of changes they`ll make here in the future......so we had to have a look and see it for what it was before it did change beyond recognition...…..

i-LhqX8Tg-XL.jpg

It is beautiful...…..and incredibly peaceful...….there really are some precious places around the parks if you step a little off the main walkways...…

i-MrhJvtQ-XL.jpg

i-xrHKwCL-XL.jpg

i-mZqSmDw-XL.jpg

i-GT8NFZg-XL.jpg

i-QXdpMsP-XL.jpg

i-p2k6qj3-XL.jpg

i-2xKj9NG-XL.jpg

I don't think we saw another soul the whole time we were back here today...….we spent maybe 25 minutes in this little area alone...…

We headed back out and the fountain was now awake, and teasing a small boy about his football team...….he is very funny and of course the boy was delighted when the fountain splashed and soaked him...…..his parents, not so much!!!

Continued in next post...…...

My son is one of those crazies who rides Dudley Do Right in December! Last year, he rode it while we were all standing by wearing gloves! Teenagers....:rotfl:

lol...….teenagers are the definite exception!!!! He had gloves on too!!!! Wow...….I`d be freezing!!!!!

They have a logic all of their own...……::yes::

Not for me, I wont even go on the water rides if it`s under 85F!!!! I`m such a wimp...…. :rotfl:

So, we left the Fountain and I decided "we" were hungry...…..although I think Tom was ready for some food too...…

We wandered though Seuss and didn't go on any of them today...….so it was straight on to Confisco Grill...…..

It is such a pretty restaurant, the décor is lovely throughout and it is cool!!!!! It is so welcome to be in the cool, as it is actually hotter than the sun outside today...….everyone looked uncomfortable and bothered...….and quite a few sights of irritation in some families...….and a look of resigned drudgery in others.....surely folks couldn't be this unhappy in such a beautiful place...….but, then again, it was boiling hot.

i-djkGsHS-XL.jpg

We were seated immediately, and we the lady who we always seem to get said hello to us as we passed...….we should have asked if we could move to one of her tables...….we do like her a lot...…but we were seated now and had been given menu`s...…..it wasn't busy at all today.

I mentioned earlier how the service in here was always exceptional, well today it wasn't just as perfect. The guy who was looking after us didn't seem very friendly at all, but he was pleasant...….I think we are so used to top notch service wherever we go it`s always a surprise when we don't get the same level from everyone...….

We ordered sodas while we decided and weren't offered any bread rolls today.....not really a problem as meals are very filling here......but it was usually served and everyone around us had some.

As we waited to decide a lady approached us and asked if we remembered her from a previous year...….I was so sorry, but I didn't recall her at all!!! She then went into detail when and where it was......if I do forget something or someone this usually jump starts my memory, but I couldn't place meeting this lady at all......she told us Kyle was with us and what we had spoke about......I again apologized and said my memory must be getting foggy......she seemed a little put out, but I just didn't remember. And I felt bad. Tom then said oh you were with your two kids who were going to go on the Hulk for the first time!!!! Where he remembered that from I have no clue...…..I still didn't!!!! But we had met her and she was happy Tom could remember......lol.....we asked how her trip was going and stuff like that as our waiter appeared to take our order...….she was just leaving anyway.....but I still have no recollection, but she knew us!!! This wasn't the only time this trip that would happen...……

i-GcS2LmQ-XL.jpg

So, we order our food and I as always say I`m allergic to MSG...….I always tell them this and it`s never an issue as I always have the same dish, chicken and shrimp sandwich and fries with a side of jalapeno........Tom orders ribs and fries today. I had already devoured one soda and ask for another...….and we wait.....usually our drinks are topped up regularly, but not today...….so I ask again...….and wait...….eventually he does come and top it up.

Food takes forever...…..I had seen a sandwich sit on the counter top in the kitchen for ages and wonder if it`s mine.....our waiter has been absent for ages....and by now I am getting very restless......mainly because I am starving!!! "Hangry" is a real thing!!!!

i-r2fDR5s-XL.jpg

Eventually the food turns up...…..Tom`s is quite cool but you could argue it was edible, and my fries aren't ready...…..really!!!! We had waited almost 40 minutes at this point...….he says they`ll be a few minutes.....and this isn't our waiter either, he is lovely and very apologetic...….so I say yep no problems....I`m just glad to see food!!!!

i-kZTV5d3-XL.jpg

i-HdXCKjh-XL.jpg

I eat a couple of shrimp straight away and they are very cool...….then I cut into the chicken and an electric saw couldn't have cut through it......it was solid and bone dry and very cool. The bun was hard as though it were a few days old, it wasn't, it just felt that way.

I was annoyed. Tom was eating his but I could see he wasn't enjoying it especially after hew how poor mine was......at that the manager came over to check everything was ok as it was an allergy dish......it had an orange label attached to our order...…..she could see I was mid trying to saw through the chicken...….when I did cut a piece off you could see there wasn't a bit of moisture in it.

I told her no it wasn't good......she could see what it was like and told me it had been cooked through in a separate area to avoid any cross contamination....and that was why it had taken longer.....but I pointed out again it as grossly overcooked and had no moisture left in it.....I think it had been overcooked and left to sit out for a long time. I still hadn't seen our waiter at this point.

She was lovely and very apologetic, she offered to have something else cooked for me I said I`d eat a bit of Tom`s ribs....but she of course said she wasn't sure if I could...….at that the fries appeared......I said I`d just eat them...…..but, they were the palest fries I had ever seen and not at all palatable...…I ate two of them. I never have to send food back and couldn't even remember a time I had anywhere in Florida. I hated having to do it.

Again, she was so apologetic and was offering an alternative. We politely declined but were grateful for her offer...….Tom was finished his by now and hadn't really enjoyed it, most of the fries were left. At that our waiter came back and said he was sorry that things weren't good......then he tells us he was having the worst day too. I knew he looked a little miserable when we first saw him...….but, not good. What do you say to that.

They took the meal and the drinks off the check so we just paid for Tom`s meal. Yes, we could have had another meal made up, but by now I just wanted to go somewhere else...….we had told her we had eaten here many times and have always enjoyed the food and we would of course come back...….I always get the same thing so I`m not sure if they have changed the recipe or an ingredient as we have never had that before...…..

So, we paid for Tom`s meal and we left...…..Tom was concerned I was hungry, but didn't feel too bad right now, but I did say I wanted to go to Margaritaville for Lava Lava Shrimp...…..Tom decided that sounded like a fabulous idea!!!!

So, Margaritaville it was...…….

We sat at the bar and our favourite barman Greg was working......they have a great team working the bar and we always enjoy sitting up there instead of at the regular dining tables...…..he asks if we need some time and is most surprised when I say nope, we know what we`re having......I order my blackberry margarita and Lava shrimp and Tom had a beer as we were staying onsite tonight...…no driving for either of us...….

I can smile now as I have my favourite cocktail, well one of them, and spicy shrimp is on the way...…….

i-kzCkZ32-XL.jpg

i-Ncz4Zv6-XL.jpg

The shrimp arrived very quickly I was glad to say...…..it`s a little spicy with the sauce and there`s some shredded lettuce underneath, and it is quite filling...and totally delicious!!

i-pvFDvFj-XL.jpg

It really was gorgeous...…..and I was so ready for it when it did arrive...….Tom did have one or two but most of it I ate...…..I wish we had just come here in the first place. We never mind what we pay for any meal regardless of cost, as long as we enjoy it......I detest sending food back and will usually do anything to avoid doing that, but the chicken was totally inedible. A real disappointment from Confisco Grill. But, they did take off the cost at an attempt to put it right, and we will genuinely go back there again as that is the first poor meal from them.

We then pay our check here despite being so tempted to have another one of those gorgeous margaritas...….and we head back out to scorching afternoon and head back home...……

Citywalk didn't look too busy at all today...….and we definitely weren't heading back into the park as we had considered, it was just too hot....and we had plenty more days to go!!

i-86t9fTw-XL.jpg

The walk back home is beautiful, and even at our very slow pace today it didn't take very long......and we stopped to take a few pictures on the way....

i-m8WfGkM-XL.jpg

i-JpWZPWR-XL.jpg

i-bpjmn2P-XL.jpg

We got back into our room ready to melt almost...…..

Our usual housekeeper was on days off, so we had another lady...….she had either changed or removed the towel animal from last night and put this on the bed for me...…...it was cute!!!!

i-6d66shh-XL.jpg

We had a quick shower and changed into fresh clothes....although we did plan a pool night tonight, but we were first going down to the Club Lounge for a couple of hours beforehand......we just planned to have a lazy night, and sitting chatting to the lovely folks in there was just about perfect.....

And it was. The crew tonight were fabulous and we had a real giggle with them......and we couldn't believe the time passed so quickly......we had a couple of glasses of wine each and nothing to eat in there as we wanted to eat by the pool bar later...…..well, that was the plan...….

At around 7pm we headed up to get into our swimming things...….and headed back down to the pool...…..I had to say it didn't look great......blazing hot, but very, very cloudy...…..

Pool was quiet and we got loungers by our favourite area...…...

i-CCPg988-XL.jpg

We saw these cute little guys wander past following their mother...….watching them tentatively plunge into the pool was so funny...….but they all made it......one of the young lads in Club used to work the pool and was telling us most of them won`t make it as the wild cats usually get them. Shame.

i-nTfMdxs-XL.jpg

We order a cocktail each and sit back and enjoy them...….the movie is going to be rubbish tonight so I`m not bothered about watching that.....can`t remember what it was even...…….and I think Tom ordered a sangria, and I ordered the frozen sangria...….Tom`s was better!!!!

i-fthwrPm-XL.jpg

We had just about finished our drinks when we felt a little rain......just a little though and it soon went off, but the breeze was building up...….we knew what that meant.........then, yep, within a few minutes the dreaded whistle blew...…..lightning. We were being cleared out of the pool. We hadn't even got our costumes wet tonight...…

We finished our drinks, well, what was left of them and went back inside and up to get changed into regular clothes...…...as it was raining we would just go to Jake`s to eat...……always happy to go there!

We love it in here...…...some of the staff know us and it`s always nice to be in here...…..food and service are always top notch...….we get seated immediately.....no wait as it is quiet...…

i-j7w7ZH2-XL.jpg

As we are reading our menus the table next to us had two ladies who are quite loud and talking about all things, Bambi...….yep, Bambi......now I cry at sad movies all the time...….but this woman was discussing how her six year old daughter was traumatized when she watched it and she wished she`d never shown it to her...

I couldn't help it......all I could think of was Joey and Chandler...……

:rotfl:

We ordered the same drink tonight......dark rum, ginger beer and lime...….we had some rum in the room and also plenty of ginger beer and a bottle of the lime juice, so we were set for later if we decided not to go back into Citywalk………

i-NR3b2xc-XL.jpg

But, on to more important things...…..food!!!!

We ordered a crawfish chowder each and were going to share the hot wings between us.....…...two of our favourite dishes on the menu...…...

i-3x3CXqM-XL.jpg

i-Kj4W9b3-XL.jpg

Does anyone ever eat the celery or carrot???? We don't.

The food was perfect...…..that crawfish chowder is divine!!!! Honestly, it is so rich and pure in flavor and has the perfect velvety texture...….it`s the kind of dish that makes you want to lick your plate when you`re done!!!! Not that I would of course...…..but wow!!!

The wings are always delicious and the blue cheese dressing is gorgeous.....only blue cheese dressing I ever liked......house made fresh by the chefs. The wings have the perfect amount of spice for me......I could have it spicier of course......but I like it hot!!!!

We took our time and enjoyed our evening......it`s a lovely place to spend an evening as food and service are always fantastic!!!

It was late, not that late, but we didn't have the energy to go back to Citywalk tonight...….I can`t remember if it was still raining or not tonight, I think it did stay on...….

So, we headed back up to our room and again Turndown service had made the room very cosy……..

I didn't open the drapes tonight, it was a cosy room with them closed...….Tom went for some ice and then we got into our jammies, I poured us our rum, ginger beer and limes.....I loved this bottle of lime juice, and would have to take one home...….it was perfect...…..

We found a movie to watch and enjoyed dessert in the form of cupcakes....strawberry cupcakes...….not sure they go well with rum cocktails, but they were lovely...…….

i-bk5wHgw-XL.jpg

I checked my email and had received a lovely one off our friend, so replied to that straight away and then spent some time mooching on the internet and watching the movie at the same time...…

We sat up quite late again and it was again around midnight when the movie finished, no clue what it was...…..but we enjoyed it...….

We were switching beds tonight to see if the other one was as comfortable...….I prefer sleeping by the window, but as I hadn't opened the drapes tonight I didn't mind...….but, although it was just as comfortable, we moved back to the one by the window the next night......I prefer that side of the room......odd!!!

But, we did sleep!!!

Tomorrow we planned to visit Mount Dora and maybe a little further...…...but it didn't quite happen...……:scratchin

What a lovely read and great way for me to procrastinate on doing chores this Saturday!
glad the key thing worked out, but what a way to start a vacation!
There’s another brand I’m going to try called Cloud 9.......I do love straighteners!
I love my Chi straightener, it is my second one-first one broke about a year after I had it, had the receipt still and they replace for free! This one I've had for many years now.

Again we used Alamo. And probably paid more
I'm with you on the worth it part! I know I paid more to use alamo on September trip, did the whole prepay, online check in thing. So worth it on a later evening flight with just me and my daughter. Might have saved some money going cheap and offisite from hotel but I will pay for convenience!

Welcome home
Nice one indeed! Cool bday surprise.

first full day with a long trip ahead of you
Yes! Best day of vacation I think! Stress of travel is over, now settled into stay with whole length of vacation in front of you. Even on our shorter 4 day trips the first full day is just as exciting!

Academy of Villains...…..and we did look forward to this one...…..our pictures are very poor with this one, but we didn't take that many as we just wanted to watch t
We liked the show, but of course, have no comparisons of other years. We wandered in a few minutes before show started-got seated in back row with railing to lean against and a breeze(!), and were just to right of center. Great spot.

Oh my goodness the heat was something else wasn’t it!!
Having been in June and august each these last 3 years-I didn't think September was all that different? August is just so stifling anyway, plus I think we come from a warmer climate anyway-Florida is not terribly different in heat/humidity from Missouri summers. November last year was my absolute favorite weather of all though, closely followed by March trip this year.

ABC Liquors
Oh my yes! Love this place. Although I still find it strange to have to go to separate store for liquor. Here in MO we do have the separate liquor stores, but some of our larger grocery stores have very large alcohol departments...my favorite grocery store's liquor department used to know my by name:rolleyes1 Back when I had weekly meetings for my group in the club room...

Poltergeist and Scary Tales.
2 of our fave houses!! So well done, but Scary Tales did depend on timing-think I got most of them except the last one on one night. We spent lots of time in Vamp 85 as well. And my dd did enjoy Chucky zone, too. I think having no expectations as this was first year helped us too. We did get a couple good scares through Twisted Traditions as well, but early on with less crowds around.

our souvenir glasses tonight with the cocktail...…..I do like the glass...….the drink, not so much......it could have been coloured sugar water...
Yeah I got the glass, but the drinks, meh. I took the cup with me each night but I think I only got 2 refills total over 4 nights. Chez Alcatraz never had a line and better drinks too. Although since I was driving it was one and done for me every night.

RRR was a complete walk on.
Still haven't made it on here!! Will have to fix that next summer (unless I can talk DH into Christmas break trip)

We love HHN. And this store is a relatively new addition over the last few years.
We may have come out of this store with several items LOL.

I am Cruella DeVille.
My middle kid wants to cosplay as Cruella DeVille at a comic con next year...

Yes, it was an odd start to the trip, glad it was sorted out!

Never heard of those straighteners........will have to look at them.....I have a little addiction to hair straighteners....or so I’m told :rolleyes1

Car hire is an absolute essential for us, so we do pay for a decent car......yep, worth it!

Scary Tales really did surprise me.......I had no expectations of enjoying it, but it was so good and yes timing was everything with that one with certain aspects.........yes, we used to love the back row when Rocky Horror was on.....having something to lean on was a joy!!!

We thought September was so much warmer than July......or any September we have gone.......we knew it wasn’t just us when locals were saying the same thing!!! So, if you’re used to heat it may not be as obvious......we have never felt it as hot before.......although I really wasn’t allowed to complain as I love the heat!!! But this lizard was too hot when it was showing 104!!!

Chez Alcatraz has good drinks!! We are so lazy, we never bring the cup back for refills.....lol......in fact I’ve just realised I haven’t seen them since we got back! Must ask Tom where they are.......

Glad you’re all caught up though.........always glad to see you post......:wave2:

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 19TH

Today was probably the least amount of pictures we have ever taken...…..but, for a reason!!!

So, another good sleep and again we were up with the larks...….far too early, but we had plans for the day...….

But first was breakfast...…..and our usual chatty time to staff......and I`m always amazed at what some people notice...….a lady spoke to me at the coffee and said she had noticed we never showed our room keys on entering the lounge. While the lounge is in the PDR folks were getting a star put on the front and had to show that. We did have the star but as everyone in there knows us and has done for years, there wasn't really a need for us to show it......of course we would have been happy to show it, but then she did say she had noticed we seemed to know them well. Wasn't sure what to say to that...….so I got more coffee.

This morning we were heading over to HRH and getting some photographs of the Club lounge there. They had altered it slightly and it had been arranged for us to go over and take some of the change. So after breakfast we got an ODC over and went in.

I can never put my finger on exactly what it is about this hotel that doesn't endear me to it, apart from the Palm of course...…..it feels a little cold and not very resort like for us, but like all the hotels the staff are nice. So, the lady on the front desk took us to the elevator as she knew we were coming this morning...….and again, she was nice.

When we got out the elevator we took a few pictures of course...…this is from the windows as you come out of the elevator...….nice view!

i-qpVshVP-XL.jpg

i-Vn5SpPJ-XL.jpg

At that the young lady came out to meet us as she knew we were on our way up...….and we met the other staff members including the supervisor who we then had a lovely conversation about a lady we both know that used to work there, she is lovely and they do miss her!!!

i-rzLMzgb-XL.jpg

i-BWHTSxq-XL.jpg

i-cBLMVLp-XL.jpg

i-X3VV8XJ-XL.jpg

i-mZwJQ3m-XL.jpg

I won`t post more as I added more pictures to the HRH stickie at the top of the hotels page, but the extra space added is the bar stools in the second picture. It is a very small lounge and the smallest of the three lounges. Usually alcohol is served in the area outside the lounge door.....and like all the hotels as I said, staff were lovely...….

We thanked them very much for taking the time out, particularly the young lady who had showed us into the lounge, and we set off back to RPR.

It was nice to be given access to see the other lounges, we were very grateful...…..we had seen the PBH Lounge few years back when a friend of ours had moved from RP lounge to be a manager over there......he had since left the company, and we lost touch after that.....it happens at times. But, he was such a nice guy who loved HHN as much as we did...…..

So, we waited a little time for an ODC and eventually one turned up that was the size of a mini bus......far too big, but hey, it would take us home...…

Back to the room and we picked up the car fob as we were heading out for the day...…….

Or so we thought.

So, we headed out in the heat towards the car...…..it was blazing hot again today, so we got into the car and I wondered why Tom hadn't put the engine on.....it was like a furnace especially with those leather seats!!! Told him to turn the engine on.....he said he had but immediately noticed it wasn't on.....so he pressed the start button again...…...nothing...…..not even a flicker of life...……

The car wouldn't start.

I looked at Tom and he looked at me...…..we burst out laughing...….we really did...…..this really was trip that was having one or two glitches......you couldn't do much else but laugh and really, we were thankful it happened here and not in the middle of nowhere later in the day.

So, we trudged back in to the lobby and went over to the Concierge desk...….we asked them to call Alamo for us and we would explain to them what happened......so Tom spoke to them and this conversation went on for quite a while...….the girl herslf was trying to do as much as she could for her and couldn't fault her...….but basically she was telling us it would be 3-4 hours before they could send someone out to "fix" the car.

Oh hell no. There was no way we were accepting a car that needed a repair...…...now we know cars. Maserati`s aren't the most reliable car, they`re Italian.....and no way in hell would we ever own one...….but it was a fun car for a vacation and we certainly expected it to last more than 6 days.

So, when we said that was unacceptable she asked us if we would be prepared to go to the nearest Alamo and pick up another car from there.....we said we could do that but we expected it to be a Maserati...….she said they wouldn't have one...….so Tom said we would go pick up the car from the Hyatt and then we would drive to the airport and get an alternative and we also expected a massive refund as basically we were losing time from our vacation because of their car. She said it would be sorted but just to get the car picked up.

It was arranged that we left the keys with someone who the company would make contact with when they came to pick the car up, we were immensely grateful to her as really, it`s not the usual way it`s done. So, thankful doesn't begin to express our feelings to her helping us this way...…...we knew we could go and we trusted her implicitly that the keys would be handed to them so they could take the car away from the parking lot.

I was a bit frustrated now as the day was drifting away from us...….and although I don't usually talk money, this car had cost $1,150 for our 19 night stay and we were mightily annoyed that this had happened...…..

So, we got a cab down to the Hyatt....one of the Valet guys asked if we had Uber.....I burst out laughing and thought about this meme someone had sent me.....

Cab would be fine, but they gave us an ODC instead when we told them where we were going......….only took 10 minutes to get there, and of course...….they didn't know we were coming despite assurances that they would...….so another long conversation ensued, showed her the paperwork we had for this one and then the notes appeared on her screen......bless her, I felt bad she didn't know to have a car ready for us. But, eventually someone appeared with a car......she did say she hoped we didn't expect something flashy as they didn't have any, Tom again, explained we just wanted a car to take us to the airport where we would pick up a permanent replacement.

We drove off and headed to the airport. Of course it doesn't take long to get there and we pull in to Alamo and as she scans the car she looks confused.....Tom asks for the manager who fortunately is standing right beside her...…..so we explain and he takes us over to the office to sort it out. Actually by now we were a little more annoyed...…..who wants to spend most of a day chasing cars at the airport!!!! But, it`s not his fault and we don't get annoyed at him as he just wants to help and get us sorted...…..

So, there is another Maserati there as well as the saloon, but we stick with the Levante as we do like the higher ride......our cars at home are low and sleek, so we like a change...…...he makes sure we are happy to take that one......we say yes, but what is he going to do about the cost. I`m not usually one to look for compensation....neither is Tom, but for the cost of this car we didn't feel it was appropriate to pay the full cost. He agreed to take 4 days rental off the cost and it was refunded to us. He asked if that would be acceptable and we said yes it was. So we got the paperwork and got in the new car and headed out...…

This car felt totally different to the first...…...the torque felt much punchier and stronger and that famous engine rev sound was much oomphier…...a lot more punch and just felt sturdier to drive...….I had said when I was driving it the steering felt too light, so I guess there was a problem with that car that I was sure would be sorted but we wouldn't have been happy driving it knowing t had already had a problem.

This one really did drive like a brand new car and we then realized how the original car did have something missing...…..

We honestly try and not let things ruin our time on vacations...….these things happen and you`ve just got to not let them get the better of you......and we didn't......it had been another little glitch that had been resolved...…..so onward and upward back home...….

Getting out of the airport was quick and easy as usual and we were heading back along Universal Boulevard when we both realized we were hungry......it was around 1.30 by now......so we spotted the same area that Beth`s Burgers was situated and we had seen an NYPD pizza place, so we decided to eat in there today.....we hadn't been in to this one before but heard it was good. And I quite fancied a pizza right now.....

i-fStSnJz-XL.jpg

We were met by a woman who could have been friendlier if I`m honest, she asks if you want a table or it`s for takeout...….we say a table and she leads us to a booth......and immediately we like it in here....

It is a nice place and immaculately clean which we like a lot!!! We have on occasion happily left a restaurant that didn't seem as clean as it should be...….

We order orange fanta`s and have a good read of the menu as there is so much choice!!!! They have some lunch specials that do look good.....but I want pizza...…….so I study the menu carefully...….

i-DBnzqZ5-XL.jpg

i-Jr5DT57-XL.jpg

i-bdpJmdb-XL.jpg

i-CD4mk9M-XL.jpg

Tom decided to go with one of the specials...….a half chicken parm sandwich...…..and I opted for the personal BBQ chicken minus the onions but add jalapenos and pineapple...…..no problems...….she asked if I wanted a lot of jalapenos and of course my answer was yes...…..

We sat and chatted over the events of the morning, we did feel lucky it happened at the hotel and not elsewhere...….but Alamo had handled it as well as they could, but shouldn't have happened in the first place. But in 11 years of rental cars, this was the first issue we ever had with them.

Then the food arrived......and it looked so good!!!!!!

i-hBBF7pB-XL.jpg

i-3PJVw79-XL.jpg

Oh my goodness!!!!! Was this food fabulous!!!

I`m not a big fan of chicken parm, but the piece I had of Tom`s was beautiful...….fries were good too......but the pizza, or pie as they called it was sublime!!!!

It could even beat Sal`s pizza at PBH...…..and that was my favourite onsite pizza...…..fresh and crisp crust with toppings full of flavor...….but, why do they ask you how your food is when your mouth has just been filled with food...….lol...….we both give her the thumbs up she laughs and says Gotcha!!!

Both our meals were fabulous...….and our waitress was lovely...….and we both felt a lot better after we had eaten...….food does that!!!

So, we paid and got back into our new and hopefully reliable car...….and it did start!! And sounded phenomenal...…..so we drove back to the hotel and planned to do nothing now till we went back out for HHN tonight...……

It had been a strange day so far...……..could only get better now...……..

Last edited:
Sorry that happened to you...what a pain! I'm glad the Alamo resolved it to your satisfaction. We used to have an NYPD Pizza locally, but they changed their name at some point. I guess they stopped being franchisees. I remember it being good

We got back to our room and still thought it had been an odd day...….but, it was time to put it out of our mind.....although we would of course tell everyone we met about it...….lol...….

We had a freshen up and headed down to the Club Lounge where we would definitely enjoy a glass or two of wine tonight...……

Lounge was fairly empty and we sat down with ipad and chatted and regaled our car story to one or two folks......one of the other supervisors knew as he had spoken to Lindsay...….who we again thanked her profusely.....but no one could believe it had broke down...….

We sat for ages tonight...…...we really enjoyed passing the time in here and had decided to go in to HHN a little later tonight....so the wine was very nice and eventually when it was almost dark we decided maybe we should head off and get into the park...….

Tonight we decided to walk, and I can`t remember why as we usually get the boat to the Studios...….but it was a beautiful night, as always of course...…

And the water looked incredibly calm tonight, not even a ripple...……

i-RTXLm47-XL.jpg

i-Bd94XtR-XL.jpg

i-3tQjcNL-XL.jpg

Citywalk didn't look busy at all tonight and we hoped this was a sigh HHN wouldn't be too bad either......one of our friends who is a SA had told us they were hearing of ticket sales higher than any year for a long time and to expect some nights to be sold out...….well, he was right...….

i-fwDh69n-XL.jpg

This was a stark contrast to opening night...….although it was later, it appeared deserted...….Wednesdays had usually been known for a quieter night in the past, so we hoped it would be like that tonight...…..

i-rmvbx2w-XL.jpg

We got in through the hotel guest entrance as it was still open, and went straight to the Halloween house of course first...…...and it was amazing!!! They had added a couple of Michaels so I did get a few extra scares tonight...…..one Tom is still laughing at today!!!!! I screamed, stopped and screamed again...….so Michael reacted to what I was doing.....of course you had to have been there, it doesn't sound funny at all retelling it...….the guy behind told Tom he hadn't seen anyone better to follow than me in a house!!!!!

I think I`ll take that as a compliment...……

After that we came out and went to the Vamp85 scare zone......or zone as it should really be called...….it wasn't scary, but it was a massive amount of fun!!!

i-BcNP4MR-XL.jpg

And I found Freddie again...…..he was so cool!!!!

i-K4C7TR6-XL.jpg

We did try the pizza fries tonight...…...we got them and put them straight in the trash...….not appealing or appetizing at all...….wouldn't be getting them again...…..that was something unusual this year......we hadn't really indulged in the specials offered for the event......nothing had really appealed enough to try them...…...although someone said the burgers from Benny`s were really good!!!

i-ZLFJMrH-XL.jpg

The SA in this zone were fabulous!!!! Truly fabulous....and a few of them broke character a lot which is the coolest thing ever when they do that.....and they all have such fun with you...….one of my favourite parts of the night is when they do that...…..

Loved these guys!!!!

i-Rq2RcMb-XL.jpg

The park really wasn't too busy tonight, it felt practically empty in comparison to previous nights, and certainly the nights that were to come.....we had only done the Halloween house so far, so we walked up to do Stranger Things......Tom said oh lets do Poltergeist then Scary Tales first...….ok, so we went to go in to Poltergeist and the man checking tickets told us our ticket wasn't valid for tonight...….now, we aren't the type to scream and shout and demand something be done but we said to him we had already been in a house, we had been allowed to enter the park.....he said he was sorry but the ticket didn't have this date on it......and do you know what...….he was right!!!

We did have the Rush of Fear ticket, but tonight`s date wasn't on there...…...so he suggested we go to Guest services...….that`s what we would do......so we turned to head back to the front of the park and Tom snapped this picture as to how quiet it was...…..

i-3CR4jVk-XL.jpg

At this point a manager had come after us and tapped us on the shoulder and asked if we`d come back down to the entrance to the house......so we did......wondered what we`d done to be honest….he was on the radio to someone and eventually came over and said we must have got the tickets printed before the extra Wednesday`s were added......he was right......we had them printed when we were here in July...…..so that was the problem...…..he told us just to tell anyone else who queried the missing date to tell them that...…..and we got into Poltergeist......the guy was still there and he said he was glad we got sorted and hoped we were ok with it......of course, it wasn't his fault he was just doing his job...……

So, the house tonight...….the rain and immense cold was missing as you entered the house for the swimming pool scene...….and that affected it negatively as it was impressive...…..it wasn't as good without it...…...we never saw the rain again on future nights...….the house itself was fun...….but again, a few effects were missing and I began to wonder if they had already decided they weren't going to be used again...….but still a fun house...….clowns don't bother me at all, but the folks behind Tom hated them and screamed their heads off!!!!

We did Scary Tales next which was fabulous...….this was a definite favourite house, then Carnival Graveyard...…….it was a bit of a miss tonight due to timing, which is just your luck......but it meant we could have a better look around at some of the wonderful props and scenery…..still fun though.

Stranger Things was our next stop...…...I can`t remember what the lines were tonight, but they weren't long all over......I think this one was 40 minutes and again we more or less walked on...…..I still thanked our lucky stars we had EP...…..a walk on is better than 40 minutes!!!

House was good and I thought I was ready for the scare at the end......I wasn't, I jumped like I had been bitten...…..lol......funny!!!!

It was late, can`t remember what time it was but we decided not to go to the houses at the rear of the park......we would keep them for another night.....

We were heading out the park now but did stop for a few impromptu photo opportunities...……

i-kxvvBJZ-XL.jpg

i-ptmvNSN-XL.jpg

Loved those stilt walker characters...……

i-GHcmDMP-XL.jpg

So, we then left the park and the music of Halloween was still ringing in our ears as we exited...…..tonight had been so quiet, we probably should have taken advantage of that and enjoyed some more houses.....but, it was hot, we were getting tired and hungry too...…..especially since we hadn't enjoyed the little taste of pizza fries we had bought...…..

So, it was Margaritaville for us...…...and back to the bar.....although we were round the far side...…..we`re not fussy.....long as we have a seat. There`s always a really good atmosphere in here......we had given it a miss for a few years but last couple of years it had been much improved......and was back on our "must do" list of places......

First off we ordered our drinks...….blackberry margarita for me and Tom went with beer...……

Not quite sure why this is black and white!!! Think Tom was fiddling with options or settings...…

i-6SwfKDz-XL.jpg

i-gXsJNJS-XL.jpg

Margaritaville is a fun place...…..and tonight they had a singer on, I must be getting old as I did comment I was glad he wasn't too loud...…

Ok, I`m not even close to 29 anymore, but that was how I felt whenever I heard live music start anywhere...…..lol...….

i-VGCrw8S-XL.jpg

i-X4753Qm-XL.jpg

We had been chatting to a few folks from Fort Myers who worked for a radio station and were here for work and staying at PB, but she was coming back at the weekend with her family to stay at RP...….so we had a real good chat with them all...…

We also had ordered our food and another two drinks...….those margaritas are excellent!!!!!

I had gone for the lava lava shrimp again and Tom loves the burgers in here so opted for the BBQ bacon cheeseburger...…..and I was sure we`d share a little with each other...……

i-g9s9d68-XL.jpg

i-2sBWJCg-XL.jpg

And they were so good!!! Both dishes were gorgeous...…..I did get a piece of his burger and it was lovely, although it was a little late for such a large meal for us......there I go again....isn't that what folks that get older say...…..nah...……

We did enjoy it though and we enjoyed the company of the folks beside us......we chatted the evening away,....how late I have no clue as we didn't keep this receipt...….always gives us a clue to times when we pay the check usually...…..

And we do, we decline another drink and say our goodbyes to our friends from Fort myers…….and we head back home to bed.....and I am dreaming of our bed tonight...…….

Although the walk is lovely...….and it isn't just as hot tonight...….so it is a pleasure to walk back along the path tonight...……

i-KRCvnrs-XL.jpg

Less than 10 minutes and we are going into our room that is wonderfully cool...….we jump quickly in the shower and we are in bed before we know it......it had been quite a day and although we had a couple of glitches it still had been a good day.....once the car had been sorted out of course.....…..

Tomorrow we planned to do not a lot...……

I’ve been thoroughly enjoying your trip report! I usually do of course (though am admittedly more of a lurker) but this one is extra fun since I was there at the same time this year! And boy was it ever hot!!

So I was reading this latest recap and realized once you talked about the live music at Margaritaville that we were there too! And hilariously, as I look at your pictures of the stage, I realized I am in them haha! It is just the back of me but there I am :) I quite enjoyed the music actually - and agree it wasn’t overpowering the way live music can be.

Sorry that happened to you...what a pain! I'm glad the Alamo resolved it to your satisfaction. We used to have an NYPD Pizza locally, but they changed their name at some point. I guess they stopped being franchisees. I remember it being good

It was frustrating.........the phone call was cut off at one point by mistake......one of the Concierge girls started dialling out and we got cut off.....lol.......then we didn’t get the same woman again......so it was like a comedy of errors......but, yes, all worked out in the end. Second car was fantastic and we had no more issues......

Oh we really enjoyed it.......we had never gone to that one before and it was years ago we went to one on Hiawassee.......and we’ll definitely go back again.......

So they’re a National chain then? I didn’t know that.........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter