Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Central 2005

We went to MVMCP on 12/1 and loved it. We are going back this year Dec 15-22. So we can do MVMCP on either Sun,Dec 17 or Tues,Dec 19 (last MVMCP). I know they both were sold out in 2005. Any suggestions on which one would be better for us to choose?

Thanks!

Hmmm, maybe it's time to start the 2006 thread already!
That's a tough one, triplefigs. I'd go marginally with the Tuesday. But if they both sell out it probably doesn't matter.

erikthewise said:
Hmmm, maybe it's time to start the 2006 thread already!
That's a tough one, triplefigs. I'd go marginally with the Tuesday. But if they both sell out it probably doesn't matter.

That's my dilemma, exactly! If they both are sold out, will there be a difference? I think Tues will work better for our schedule, but if one day is *preferential* than the other, then I will work around it! I'm just excited to be going back!

OMG....I can't believe we're already talking about next Dec....I hadn't even thought about it yet...trying to get past MNNSHP!!! I guess I'll be going to whichever MVMCP they designate as a MouseFest one since I'll be there that week-end.

We are planning on going in December of 2006 as well and it will be our 1st visit in December ever. When do these go on sale and I'm guessing I need to buy them the 1st day on-sale??

knovak said:
We are planning on going in December of 2006 as well and it will be our 1st visit in December ever. When do these go on sale and I'm guessing I need to buy them the 1st day on-sale??

Last year they went on sale April 30. They do not sell out fast. I think a couple of parties might have sold out but not till at least September.

we love MVMCP so much we got the 15 pin MVMCP pin set and when we got home found out they also have a great pin set for MNSSHP. we are doing the halloween party then we will then chose which party to go to. my heart is for MVMCP. christmas will never be the same again.

triplefigs said:
We went to MVMCP on 12/1 and loved it. We are going back this year Dec 15-22. So we can do MVMCP on either Sun,Dec 17 or Tues,Dec 19 (last MVMCP). I know they both were sold out in 2005. Any suggestions on which one would be better for us to choose?

Thanks!

Are they going to have MVMCP on Sundays this year (06) since MK's EMH is on Sunday nights? Just another thought... :confused3

busytxmom said:
Are they going to have MVMCP on Sundays this year (06) since MK's EMH is on Sunday nights? Just another thought... :confused3

A good question. I would bet on EMH days changing after Thanksgiving rather than MVMCP days changing.

We'll be there 11/30 - 12/10/06 and plan on spending our first night in the "World" at MVMCP. Looking ahead to tickets going on sale in a few (hopefully) short months. Any idea whether LTT will also be taking ADRs at that point, like in 2004?

We are going the 16th - 29th. The kids don't actually get out of school until noon on the 19th but I wanted to make sure we have two days to choose from. We are going to go to the one on the 17th. Just didn't want top risk waiting until the very last one.

Can't wait for this trip!
Lori

Sunkissed said:
We'll be there 11/30 - 12/10/06 and plan on spending our first night in the "World" at MVMCP. Looking ahead to tickets going on sale in a few (hopefully) short months. Any idea whether LTT will also be taking ADRs at that point, like in 2004?
It has been my experience that as soon as the MVMCP tickets go on sale, you can book LTT. So, you should be fine the same day you buy your party tickets.

Sunkissed said:

Have you done this before? Do you have children? Depending on your travel plans and your stamina, MVMCP on the first night could be a mistake. I hope it works out for you!

Typically LTT reservations are accepted with ticket purchase as soon as they go on sale. But you have to ask, and some CMs may not be able to find it. If so, just call back and try again.

busytxmom said:

I noticed the EMH changes and wondered the same thing. I hope that Disney continues to post both park hours and EMH schedule 6 months in advance so we can make ADRs. If they do change the EMH after Thanksgiving, that will completely change my itinerary and dining plan. And the week we're going is busy, so I definitely want to avoid EMH and the crowded parks as much as possible.

beattyfamily said:
IMHO, I think they'd change the EMH schedule rather then the traditional nights of MVMCP.

That's what I guessed. Since tickets generally go on sale in May, would you pick the Sunday or Tues MVMCP? I doubt the EMH for Dec will be posted by then.

triplefigs said:
That's what I guessed. Since tickets generally go on sale in May, would you pick the Sunday or Tues MVMCP? I doubt the EMH for Dec will be posted by then.

I think EMH will be like last year; Wed night, but that's just a guess on my part.

Both nights are slower. I went Tues last year and it was great.

I usually pick the earlier night in my trip so that if we all get very sick or the party gets rained out enough to cancel the parades and fireworks, I can be Guest Services to switch my tickets to the other night. Sometimes though I just go with the night that works best with our plans.

Either night will be good, I only avoid Fridays.

triplefigs said:

Thanks!

I went on the 20th (last night of MVMCP), it was sold out and very crowded. I would guess there would be no difference between the two nights if they are both sold out.

Hi! Just a few questions for you MVMCP veterans!

1) What is the Celebrate the Season show at the Castle Forecourt State? Who is in it, and how long is it?

2) Is Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas a cartoon, or is the real characters? Is there a meet and greet opportunity with them after the show?

3) Are either of these shown during the regular day at MK, or are they only shown at the party?

4) Were their PhotoPass photographers when you went to visit Santa?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter