Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Central 2005

Usually the last one, (like the first) is a mob scene. If you can avoid it and go on another day, then do so...if crowds do not bother you, then by all means, jump into the mash pit of people.....

GinaGrumpyDwarf said:
Shouldn't you guys make a NEW christmas party thread?? :confused3

There isn't one yet. Usually a moderator does the honors once all the official info is released by Disney. Meanwhile there are a bunch of threads going.

Hmm, haven't heard that the FIRST party has been packed! Getting a little worried now...Any thoughts? Thanks!

Sunkissed said:
Hmm, haven't heard that the FIRST party has been packed! Getting a little worried now...Any thoughts? Thanks!

Well, we don't know the official date of the first party yet but I think in the past that the first one was packed (the last couple of years) only because the first party fell on Thanksgiving weekend.

If this year's first party is November 30, like the above poster listed (unofficial though), then I do not think it will be as crowded as the last couple of years' first parties have been.

Back in 2000 and 2001, when Thanksgiving fell very early in the month, the first party was a week after Thanksgiving on the following Thursday and it was NOT crowded.

Usually it's Fridays and the last one that are the most crowded.

beattyfamily said:
Well, we don't know the official date of the first party yet but I think in the past that the first one was packed (the last couple of years) only because the first party fell on Thanksgiving weekend.

If this year's first party is November 30, like the above poster listed (unofficial though), then I do not think it will be as crowded as the last couple of years' first parties have been.

Back in 2000 and 2001, when Thanksgiving fell very early in the month, the first party was a week after Thanksgiving on the following Thursday and it was NOT crowded.

Usually it's Fridays and the last one that are the most crowded.

We'll be there the 15-23. So we could do the 15th (Friday night), 17th (Sunday), or the 19th (last night). I'm presuming that the 17th would be our best choice out of the three?

triplefigs said:
We'll be there the 15-23. So we could do the 15th (Friday night), 17th (Sunday), or the 19th (last night). I'm presuming that the 17th would be our best choice out of the three?

If they have MVMCP parties on Sundays this year, then yes, IMHO, that would be the better choice. Fridays are always busier and the last party is always a sell out.

This year the Halloween parties have been moved from Sunday nights to Monday nights due to the EMH so I'm wondering if the same thing will happen to MVMCP. :confused3 We should know by the end of April though.

beattyfamily said:
If they have MVMCP parties on Sundays this year, then yes, IMHO, that would be the better choice. Fridays are always busier and the last party is always a sell out.

This year the Halloween parties have been moved from Sunday nights to Monday nights due to the EMH so I'm wondering if the same thing will happen to MVMCP. :confused3 We should know by the end of April though.

I will aim for the Sunday or Monday one then, and try to avoid the Friday and the last party. Can't wait!

We went on the last night in 2005 and had no trouble at all. We had little to no waits for cookies and hot chocolate, front "row" view of the parade (in Frontierland), very short lines on all of the rides, and no problem getting into the shows. We would not be afraid to go on the last night again.

We will probably go the 17th then. Do you know if the AP discount applies though to the 19th (Tuesday night)?

MemoryMakers2669 said:
We will probably go the 17th then. Do you know if the AP discount applies though to the 19th (Tuesday night)?

If they offer the discount again, I doubt it will go to the last party. THey know it will be a sell out.

Last year the last AP night was Dec 13 (a Tuesday) and there were 4 more parties after that with no discount.

Last year the AP discount was only offered on 4 nights.

You can only buy tickets over the phone through Disney, in person at WDW, or (after a couple of weeks) online at www.disney.com.

Hopefully we'll get lucky enough to see an AP night during our trip 10th-16th.

Patiently waiting for the dates to be released.

Anyone want to comment on different dates that would be better? For example if they release more than 1 AP date during our trip is there a certain day of the week that seems to be better? We'll be there Sun-Fri nights.

Also, I know this is about a different park/event but anyone know when the CP schedule is released?

So I went and checked back in this thread... (I have read the whole thing lol) .... and last year tickets went on sale on April 30th (the first report of purchase was 7:29am). The thread was started with the dates back at the end of Feb 2005. I was wondering what has changed this year. Are tickets not going on sale as early? Are the dates not being released? Does anyone know what's up? :confused3

Please help me!

Kim

Aside from the first party and the last party, how easy is it to get tickets to MVMCP? Can you wait until the middle to end of summer and still have a good shot at getting them?

kgibbler20 said:
So I went and checked back in this thread... (I have read the whole thing lol) .... and last year tickets went on sale on April 30th (the first report of purchase was 7:29am). The thread was started with the dates back at the end of Feb 2005. I was wondering what has changed this year. Are tickets not going on sale as early? Are the dates not being released? Does anyone know what's up? :confused3

Please help me!

Kim

I think you'll see the tickets go on sale about the same time as last year...end of April. Since it's only mid-April now, it should be in about 2 weeks.I wouldn't worry about not being able to get tickets. They don't sell out...sure some nights are busier than others, but you will still be able to get tickets to just about any night you want for a long time.
As far as dates, I think you'll see those as soon as the tickets come up for sale. With the 180 day rule in effect, you might see a change in date release.

We went the week after Thanksgiving, it was the best MK trip we had ever done. It is well worth the extra$.

goofy4tink said:
I think you'll see the tickets go on sale about the same time as last year...end of April. Since it's only mid-April now, it should be in about 2 weeks.I wouldn't worry about not being able to get tickets. They don't sell out...sure some nights are busier than others, but you will still be able to get tickets to just about any night you want for a long time.
As far as dates, I think you'll see those as soon as the tickets come up for sale. With the 180 day rule in effect, you might see a change in date release.

What is the 180 day rule?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter