Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Central 2005

liveforthemagic said:
Hi! Just a few questions for you MVMCP veterans!

1) What is the Celebrate the Season show at the Castle Forecourt State? Who is in it, and how long is it?

2) Is Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas a cartoon, or is the real characters? Is there a meet and greet opportunity with them after the show?

3) Are either of these shown during the regular day at MK, or are they only shown at the party?

4) Were their PhotoPass photographers when you went to visit Santa?

Celebrate the Season is characters and dancers and Santa Goofy. Fun show. No meet and greet afterwards

Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas is a real show with real characters and dancers and singers. Cute.

No, they are usually not shown during the day.

Yes, there was Photopass with Santa when we were there.

I think EMH will be like last year; Wed night, but that's just a guess on my part.

The only problem with that is that the next day is Thursday which happens to be MK's early EMH. And since AK's evening EMH is on Weds. and they will probably swap it and put AK's evening EMH on Sunday, AK's early EMH is Monday. I wouldn't think that they would put late EMH and early EMH back-to-back at the same park They are going to really mess up the EMH schdules for December. It is so hard to do any planning until these are set, isn't it???? Maybe we'll get a preview of how it will be when MNSSHP schedule and corresponding EMHs come out?????

Thanks for letting me think out loud....

busytxmom said:
I think EMH will be like last year; Wed night, but that's just a guess on my part.

The only problem with that is that the next day is Thursday which happens to be MK's early EMH. And since AK's evening EMH is on Weds. and they will probably swap it and put AK's evening EMH on Sunday, AK's early EMH is Monday. I wouldn't think that they would put late EMH and early EMH back-to-back at the same park They are going to really mess up the EMH schdules for December. It is so hard to do any planning until these are set, isn't it???? Maybe we'll get a preview of how it will be when MNSSHP schedule and corresponding EMHs come out?????

Thanks for letting me think out loud....

Actually, last year MK EMH morning was Friday, not Thursday...

When we went to WDW in October MK had EMH on Wednesday night and early entry on Friday morning. We did MNSSHP on a Sunday night, which was not crowded and a lot of fun.

Assuming they schedule MVMCP the same nights of the week as MNSSHP I would think they would keep the late Wed./ early Fri. schedule. Just an FYI - that Wednesday night at MK was a ZOO. I mean an all-out, wall to wall, crazy zoo! Thursday night was another MNSSHP and I think Wed. and Sat. were the only nights for Spectro so it was PACKED.

Hoping to do our very first MVMCP this year on Sunday, Dec. 3 if possible. :)

busytxmom said:
Yes, but this year's is Thursday AM.

I didn't think December hours/EMH were out yet?? Guess I'm confused. EMHs change from month to month so no one knows what they'll be this December (unless, you are saying they're out already) and I was just saying what they were last year in December and I'll bet that they will be the same this year. Wedneday night and Friday morning.

Yes, there is a "standard" EMH schedule for 2006, but Disney doesn't adhere to that schedule!

Take a look at the summer EMH schedule - the days are all swapped around. The current listing for August EMH in no way resembles the "standard" schedule. You can bet in months with special events they DEFINITELY won't follow the standard days. My guess is that they will do it the way they did last December.

Seems to me it's time to start the 2006 thread!
beattyfamily, would you like to do the honors?

I agree need to remove all of 2005 and make room for 2006 I am already in the planning stage.

Since MVMCP Central is a "sticky" thread, maybe we need cooperation from SnackyStacky or a moderator. The 2005 thread was started exactly one year ago today!

I agree. And mods care to help us MVMCP fanatics out? Can't wait!!!!!!

jackskellingtonsgirl said:
Yes, there is a "standard" EMH schedule for 2006, but Disney doesn't adhere to that schedule!

Take a look at the summer EMH schedule - the days are all swapped around. The current listing for August EMH in no way resembles the "standard" schedule. You can bet in months with special events they DEFINITELY won't follow the standard days. My guess is that they will do it the way they did last December.

I hope so..that was my original question/point. If they adhere to the standard emh schedule, it was mess up MVMCP dates. If they only changed it up to make MVMCP work, it wouldn't seem logical. That was my only point. I went last year, had a blast, planning on going back this year. I was just looking for someone's opinion on how y'all think the MVMCP vs. EMH would play out.

Is there a 2006 thread yet? This is my first year going and I am anxiously awaiting news on MVMCP!

jehender said:
Is there a 2006 thread yet? This is my first year going and I am anxiously awaiting news on MVMCP!

I asked SnackyStacky about it, and he said he would start the 2006 thread when the dates are announced.

When did they announce the 2005 dates and information?? I think I remember last year, that I picked up my party tickets when I was there in June, so it has to be soon doesn't it?

MemoryMakers2669 said:
When did they announce the 2005 dates and information?? I think I remember last year, that I picked up my party tickets when I was there in June, so it has to be soon doesn't it?

By May 1st, I think. Actually I think I got my tickets the end of April.
I can't wait!!
Kimba

Heads Up!

The Unofficial TourGuide website, TouringPlans.com has had the
MVVMCP dates for a while:

November 30
December 1
December 3
December 5
December 7
December 8
December 10
December 12
December 14
December 15
December 17
December 19

There wasn't any disclaimer I could find,
but I'm assuming that they may have assumed
and planned for the expected dates for 2006?
In any case, those are the dates they've posted for the Party :santa: .

We can't wait either, as this will be my mom's and I's first time going to MVMCP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter