• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mid-Day Magic Tickets Now Available

I could see a vacation play that included 2-day late entry tickets along with a 4 or 5 day full ticket. Use the late entry on your first day, and instead of a complete 'no park' day in the middle, use the 2nd late entry. It also may encourage folks who wouldn't consider on-prem to do it and enjoy the resorts in the mornings. Lots of options there - possibly *too* many options for casual planners or folks like myself who have multiple years between trips.

Melissa

I actually like this. Other area theme parks tend to close too early and these could be nice to hang out in the evening to dine and visit some favorites. This is a good idea.

Last edited:
I could see a vacation play that included 2-day late entry tickets along with a 4 or 5 day full ticket. Use the late entry on your first day, and instead of a complete 'no park' day in the middle, use the 2nd late entry. It also may encourage folks who wouldn't consider on-prem to do it and enjoy the resorts in the mornings. Lots of options there - possibly *too* many options for casual planners or folks like myself who have multiple years between trips.

Melissa

Cost-wise, for this scenario, it would be much less expensive to add 2 days to the regular ticket than buy an additional 2-day mid-day entry ticket.

Just bought my 2-day for late September. Makes perfect sense with the way I usually do Disney.

I'm just trying to figure out if the FPs have to be after 12 completely.

For example, could I make a FP for 11:30 to 12:30? Or does it have to start at noon?

Cost-wise, for this scenario, it would be much less expensive to add 2 days to the regular ticket than buy an additional 2-day mid-day entry ticket.

That's what I've been saying; I think this is (partly) a case where Disney is playing on people's desire to get a "deal" without pricing out all the options. I said earlier people don't think of their day of arrival as an extra day, they think of it as their day 1. So it's not worth the price of a one day ticket for a half day, but it's CERTAINLY worth one day added to a 4 or 5 day ticket (which I think is about $20)

Just bought my 2-day for late September. Makes perfect sense with the way I usually do Disney.

I'm just trying to figure out if the FPs have to be after 12 completely.

For example, could I make a FP for 11:30 to 12:30? Or does it have to start at noon?
Your FP window will allow the 11:30a FP and you’ll have until 12:45 to use it.

I think it is a good deal but on a case-by-case basis. For instance, if you want to go to mainly to F&W - not a bad option because World Showcase opens at 11:00 anyway.

I think it is a good deal but on a case-by-case basis. For instance, if you want to go to mainly to F&W - not a bad option because World Showcase opens at 11:00 anyway.

This works for us perfectly. We're going to F&W and will be doing a lunch crawl there before hopping later in the day to the other parks. We'll be staying at WL and will be enjoying the resort, Bay Lake, and Fort Wilderness early in the morning. We'll avoid the pressure to rope drop and not feel like we've left money on the table. We really enjoy the parks much more in the evening.

This works for us perfectly. We're going to F&W and will be doing a lunch crawl there before hopping later in the day to the other parks. We'll be staying at WL and will be enjoying the resort, Bay Lake, and Fort Wilderness early in the morning. We'll avoid the pressure to rope drop and not feel like we've left money on the table. We really enjoy the parks much more in the evening.

Again, this depends on how many days total you intend to go to the parks. If just a couple (probably <= 4) then this is perfect. If it's 5 or more, then I suspect not.

That's what I've been saying; I think this is (partly) a case where Disney is playing on people's desire to get a "deal" without pricing out all the options. I said earlier people don't think of their day of arrival as an extra day, they think of it as their day 1. So it's not worth the price of a one day ticket for a half day, but it's CERTAINLY worth one day added to a 4 or 5 day ticket (which I think is about $20)

Wow, this is so true. I have been running through various scenarios and its a terrible 'deal' to combine the midday and fullday options. I suppose if you are doing a 2-5 day trip and don't plan on hitting parks in the morning it could be worthwhile, but not really a deal for anyone with longer trips. Even if you only want a single morning in park, it still seems better to just get full day for the stay.

I really like this idea in the right situation. .I do wish there was a one-day option or even one that's after maybe like 3:00, but it's still nice to consider given that my family is not able to rope drop very often. We sometimes arrived at 10:30 or even 11 on our last trip, so 12 isn't much of a stretch.

I just started planning a trip for November and this ticket came at the best time for me.

I agree 100% with the rope drop “magic hours” being the best (and have rope dropped almost every other time I’ve gone to Disney World) but this next trip we are staying off site and spending less park days and it is going to be a more relaxing trip.

For us, we wouldn’t even get to the parks until 11ish anyway. Will save us around $125 on tickets. But I 100% agree that I would never buy these tickets to “save money” and give up rope drop and 9 am to Noon at Magic Kingdom. No way!

Hmmm these would work for us. We like to not have to get up and rush out. Instead we like to eat breakfast and enjoy some time at our resort. Take a swim and leave around 4:00 after the hottest part of day.
We do a couple of rope drops though but the rest is evenings in the parks.
Can we get these with a package ? Say like 4 midday tickets along with a couple regular day tickets?

We are changing our ticket purchase to downsize our regular ticket and buy these instead. We enjoy sleeping in and prefer late nights so this works perfect for us. Love it.

Edit: After doing the math, its only cheaper if we have a 4 day ticket or less (We dont do PH's). Since we have a 5 day ticket, its $50 cheaper to keep that instead of using some days for MDM.

Last edited:
Can we get these with a package ? Say like 4 midday tickets along with a couple regular day tickets?

No, I don’t believe these can be packaged with a resort stay, but you can buy separate with a room-only reservation. Do the math if considering combining ticket types as i’m Not so sure it’s cost effective.

Enjoy your vacation!

Do the math if considering combining ticket types as i’m Not so sure it’s cost effective.

Disney would much rather you don't do the math. Jump on this for the days you will go in late and then buy regular tickets for the early morning stay.

The more I read this thread the more I'm convinced Disney is counting on people doing exactly that without pricing everything out. After all, it's such a discount over a regular one day ticket!

These tickets are killing me! We're going in October and we are NOT a family of early risers. We'll be on property for 7 days but only planned on 5 park days. Our arrival date we fly in at 5pm and we also have a MNSSHP planned. My concern is that everyone is going to be switching to these tickets making the 12pm entry into the parks unbearable. What would you do? Suck it up and try for early park days (the parks are opening at 7am+ due to Galaxies Edge) or stick with evening hours and hope for the best? I know my son will be awake at the butt crack of dawn, but the rest of us will snuggle in bed as long as humanly possible. I keep going back and forth, $500 in savings BUT we may wind up with a massive headache of crowds. We normally travel in February so I'm not sure how bad the crowds will be at the end of October. Opinions please, I need help choosing, lol!!

Disney would much rather you don't do the math. Jump on this for the days you will go in late and then buy regular tickets for the early morning stay.

I don't know. The thought of trying to combine tickets never occurred to me until I read several posts in this thread. I honestly saw the new mid-day entry ticket as an option for people who might be in town for business or a convention with busy mornings, or such. Combining with a regular ticket never crossed my mind and I don't think the majority of WDW guests are going to try that, especially since it can't be added to a package and that's the "simple" way to book for newbies.

Enjoy your vacation!

Well they definitely haven't worked all the kinks out. I just got an e-mail informing me that one of my FP selections is before noon and that I needed to change it.

The problem is said FP is for the day before my Mid-Day Ticket starts. (I'm using a CM friend's free ticket that day.)

Hope nothing happens to that FP. Seems like it shouldn't be hard for the system to recognize that it's a different day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter