• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mid-Day Magic Tickets Now Available

I haven't looked into it, but can you add a Hopper to these tickets?
Yes - can be upgraded to a hopper. 😊

“A Park Hopper Option and a Park Hopper Plus Option are available for add-on. For Park Hopper Plus option, admission to Disney Water Parks and other fun activities is after 12:00 PM.”

People always get upset when Disney does things.

I know, but you must admit that DIsney usually adds things to boost attendance and in doing so they tend to remove things that they used to provide for free, and then add an upchage "event"

Personally I think that this option, along with the MNSSHP ticket option is to try to spread out crowds and mitigate teh long lines that are bound to happen with GE opening, but I do understand that people who have been negatively impacted by some of DIsney's ideas are concerned.

Reading some of the comments brings me back to mine -

How is this any option at all if you plan on going to the parks 4 days or more?

Reading some of the comments brings me back to mine -

How is this any option at all if you plan on going to the parks 4 days or more?
It isn’t. It’s geared to those with shorter trips who may or may not be onsite and want to avoid the EEMHs and EMHs.

In your case you’ll purchase a multi-day date-based ticket and choose when you want to arrive at a park.

For folks like us these tickets sound very attractive. We stay off-site so:
1. EEMH doesn't help us at all. With all parks having EEMHs this fall I feel the parks will be very busy in the morning. Rope-dropping at the regular park opening time will give us little advantage. Yes, in the past mornings were less crowded, then the afternoons, but that might not be so true for the fall.
2. Morning FP+. With us staying off-site and not being able to get FP until 30 days out, morning FPs are hard to come by. So, coming later we won't really miss out there either.

Later starts means we can take advantage of sleeping in, having a leisure breakfast, and taking a dip in the pool in the am. We can even have a lunch before heading to the parks saving us even more $. Sounds appealing.

We do generally do 5 days at the parks, but doing 4 wouldn't be a serious draw back for us. We might actually plan a water park day or take advantage of other attractions in the Orlando area. Dare I say... try out Universal for a day or two?

This would absolutely appeal to my family. We like the short trips, and we like sleeping in. Saving some money, having relaxed mornings, and then staying all the way to close without exhausting ourselves? Great.

Also, I bet it's that *staying until close* part that Disney is planning on this helping the bottom line. Dinner reservations, late night shopping--those don't happen if not-morning people are dragged out of bed first thing by enthusiastic family members. Yes, mid-day is jammed, but the ideal customer for these tickets don't care about that. They're path of least resistance folks, I bet, and they might not even show up until later in the afternoon (or do a lunch reservation, something like that). My 2 cents.

This may shift crowds away from parks in the morning. Could be a good reason to go back to rope dropping.

I am not sure why Disney is doing this. I see it as a cut in revenue they wont make up. As it is now. You either buy or you dont. A noon entry is not a bad trade off for $40 off. Seems to me, they should have set the time at 2pm.

Given that you can`t buy for more than four days, I don`t see it as much of a discount. We usually do nine or ten-day trips, and the per-day cost is lower for a ten-day park hopper.

These tickets would be perfect for me! I am a late sleeper then usually go into a park between 1 and 3 pm and have a meal first then FP+s scheduled for early evening. The evening fireworks and shows are my reason to go so I always close out the parks. I also typically only stay for 5 nights on average. Unfortunately, I am breaking my usual timeframe and my next visit will be Christmas week and the tickets aren't good after the 15th.

Would consider if there was more than a four day option.

And it may come to that at some point - making say a 5 day hopper with "late" entry cheaper than a 5 day regular hopper.

And if it's simply one park a day, cheaper yet.

Here's an issue though - if you're offsite, you could get shut out if the park reaches capacity.

It's been how long since they built a new park? 21 years? A huge gap compared to the others. I realize it's a HUGE investment and risky - but somewhere I read (a long time ago) that they anticipated eventually having as many as 6 parks (they have the space for it).

I think their goal is boosting attendance and filling the parks (vs crowd control) - think about it, any day where parks aren't filled 100% to capacity is leaving money on the table. But it will be interesting to see if this, as they are betting, draws attendees that wouldn't normally pay the full day prices or if it winds up cannibalizing the money they would've made off those late risers so much so that it doesn't end up being worth it.

Also co-signing that Disney has been grooming park guests for years into paying more for the same experiences they used to get for free, or for convenience/priority - it's so smart, I can't hate it, but I also like many others lament the days of a nearly-deserted park with walk-on wait times on non-peak days.

These tickets may be ideal for us on our next trip. We are attending a conference so likely would not be in the parks in the morning anyway. But, there is one day we plan to be a park all day. Does anyone know if you can buy the 4 day Midday ticket and a 1 day regular ticket. We won't be booking a package. We already have our room reserved through DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter