Mid-Day Magic Tickets Now Available

I like this idea for people who already sleep in (or prefer to sleep in and can now save money doing so) and it hopefully makes mornings less crowded for the early risers like me.

I agree with the other poster and wonder what the lines will be like to get in for the noon start. My guess is there will be a relatively small number of folks taking the late option who would want to get there right at noon, rather, there are probably a set of people who definitely want noon and chose the late option to save $, and others who just wanted a late afternoon to close experience and would show up later in the day.

I look forward to reading about the crowd patterns.

Well they definitely haven't worked all the kinks out. I just got an e-mail informing me that one of my FP selections is before noon and that I needed to change it.

The problem is said FP is for the day before my Mid-Day Ticket starts. (I'm using a CM friend's free ticket that day.)

Hope nothing happens to that FP. Seems like it shouldn't be hard for the system to recognize that it's a different day.
Tickets are prioritized within your MDX Profile. Your Mid-Day ticket must have the higher priority - CM comps only have a 7-day booking window, unless an onsite guest, and are of the lowest priority.

Again, this depends on how many days total you intend to go to the parks. If just a couple (probably <= 4) then this is perfect. If it's 5 or more, then I suspect not.
That's probably true - definitely wouldn't be good math for 5 or more days.

Just starting to think about planning a (last minute for me) Halloween trip and these would be perfect. I haven’t booked yet but was planning on a package with dining. Is it possible to buy a ticketless package with dining then buy these separately? They’d save us like $400 just on 2-3 days and we are never out before noon anyway!

But are there really that many people who would shift to later in the day? I mean maybe west coasters dealing with the time change. Even on my "we're taking things easy" days, I'm still in the parks before noon...

I feel like this is just going to add people to midday, not necessarily shift them from the mornings....

Edited to remove my own repetitiveness...
I would definitely take advantage. Having been so many times I no longer feel the need to do rope drops unless I'm feeling froggy. I'd go for a late breakfast or early lunch at one of the resorts and then head to a park. I hope they keep this around!

I feel like this is a hedge against AP blockout dates and possibly higher prices. Like the DL "Bring a Friend" promo. Get some of the people they initially wanted to stay away, without inviting wrath from people who bought higher level passes, by lifting blockouts on the lower ones. I don't think this is an attempt to get a "new market for people who like to sleep in."

Noon entry is not that much of a deterrent, especially for people driving over from Tampa or Jacksonville. But I don't think I would want be in the parks between noon-3. That seems like a mess waiting to happen. I wish Disney offered an "after 4" ticket for anyone, sometimes, but noon is too early.
You don't HAVE to go in any earlier with this new ticket. You can go after 4 if you want to. It's up to you if you skip the noon to 3pm crowd and at this price point, it's still not a bad deal considering how expensive everything is these days.

Was buying my tickets for next week when I noticed these mid-day things. As someone who rarely gets up before noon on a daily basis, and certainly doesn't do so when I'm on vacation, I appreciate the Mouse giving us late risers a little discount.

Was buying my tickets for next week when I noticed these mid-day things. As someone who rarely gets up before noon on a daily basis, and certainly doesn't do so when I'm on vacation, I appreciate the Mouse giving us late risers a little discount.

Be careful. How many days are you buying tickets for? I haven't done the math but I sense that it's not a good deal if it's 5 or more days. Two sets of 2 mid day tickets is probably cheaper than a four day pass. And you can't buy a one day mid-day ticket - so if it's 5 days, you have to buy one at full price. I think I'll get on and do the math on this - I've commented before that I suspect some people will see the cheaper price and not think to price out all the options.

OK - so the math is pretty easy on the surface (but the various prices depending on the day you go adds another complication.

Still - before tax and not looking at hoppers:

2 park days: 2 day mid day is 160.88 vs 107 per day otherwise. Mid day wins
3 day trip: 160.88 + 109 for a one day is 269.88; a 3 day is 312 (104 per day); mid day with a single day wins
4 day trip: 2 two-day mid days is 321.76; 4 day is 101 per day or 404. Mid day wins
5 day trip: 2 two-day mid days plus a one day is 430 vs 83 per day for a five day - 415; mid day loses

and continues as such; 6 day pass is 70 per day ot 420 vs 3 2-day mid days at 482.64

Again, I've not considered hoppers in this which could skew it somewhat.

But rule of thumb I guess is for 4 or less park days, and if you're SURE you won't want to get in earlier - mid day does save you money. For five or more park days, you lose money (and flexibility).

So it really IS a good deal for those with relatively short trips. Even for a 4 day, saving $80 per person (plus the tax difference) one could think about adding a dessert package or something.

And so again,
1 - gotta crunch the numbers
2 - you have to pre-plan and recognize you COULD be losing flexibility you might wish you had once you are there

(I have a long story about that - but bottom line is friends of ours - by not preplanning well and trying to cut costs - paid over $500 just to see Illuminations with us)

2 park days: 2 day mid day is 160.88 vs 107 per day otherwise. Mid day wins
3 day trip: 160.88 + 109 for a one day is 269.88; a 3 day is 312 (104 per day); mid day with a single day wins
4 day trip: 2 two-day mid days is 321.76; 4 day is 101 per day or 404. Mid day wins
5 day trip: 2 two-day mid days plus a one day is 430 vs 83 per day for a five day - 415; mid day loses

You've made that much more complicated than necessary, to say nothing of more expensive. The Mid-Day Magic ticket is available as 2-day, 3-day and 4-day lengths. No need to combine multiple tickets.
Next week starting Monday 9/2
  • a 2-day ticket is $174.49
  • a 3-day ticket is $251.50
  • a 4-day ticket is $315.19, all including tax.
I don't see the Mid-Day Magic as being any value for 5+ days, just buy a regular ticket because it's so much less expensive for those extra days.

Enjoy your vacation!

You've made that much more complicated than necessary

Wow - I sure did!

(I hear that from my wife at least once a day BTW!):)

I didn't realize they offered 3 and 4 day mid day options.

So the math is what I sensed - 5+ days it's not a deal - but the savings for 3 and 4 days are even more than my clumsy analysis showed.

Thanks for correcting me.

Any rumblings about extending the dates for this ticket? We are thinking about heading down for spring break (end of March) and would love these tickets! Teenagers like to sleep in 😴😆.

As so many have noted, this CAN be a good deal, but you need to know your crowd and run the numbers. We are going for a short trip this November. We have never been rope droppers, but are night owls. We will be staying offsite this time around. So, get up at our own pace. Have a leisurely brunch. Make our way over to property, saving money on admission and one meal in the park. Works for us, this time. But I can think of lots of instances where this ticket wouldn't be a win. That said, so glad its available this fall.

As so many have noted, this CAN be a good deal, but you need to know your crowd and run the numbers. We are going for a short trip this November. We have never been rope droppers, but are night owls. We will be staying offsite this time around. So, get up at our own pace. Have a leisurely brunch. Make our way over to property, saving money on admission and one meal in the park. Works for us, this time. But I can think of lots of instances where this ticket wouldn't be a win. That said, so glad its available this fall.

This is my situation 100%. Not staying on site this trip, planning 2 park days plus a MK Christmas Party night. If I was doing my last trip, on property at Grand Floridian for 5 nights, I would never get these mid-day tickets. You give up flexibility (and the great rope drop benefits!) but save a little cash. But the way I look at it, if I wasn't going to use it anyway, it's not a loss!

This option is the reason my DH and I decided to do a short WDW trip in Dec. Being that we both are not morning person, this works out perfectly for us. I can't wait!

We are considering these tickets. We never make rope drop. We prefer nights at the parks. I would buy tickets with even later entry for a higher discount if it was offered.

Any rumblings about extending the dates for this ticket? We are thinking about heading down for spring break (end of March) and would love these tickets! Teenagers like to sleep in 😴😆.

I think perhaps January but not sure if they would consider it in the Spring. It is a nice option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter