MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone in doubt, we did this in late July and will be doing it again on 3/18. We got there a few minutes late because neither monorail or the ferry were running from the TTC until almost 7:45am. Even getting there a bit late, I rode 7DMT 11 times. I had to stop, because I was getting nauseous. DH and DS rode is 13 times. We rode PP once. Pooh was down. We had a couple of minutes to use the bathroom and then wait for RD. We then did breakfast about 9:30am. It was one of those priceless things.

Did you recieve a FP for when Pooh opened?

Did you recieve a FP for when Pooh opened?

No, we didn't ask for one or know that we could. I think they said the Carousel was running instead. I don't think Pooh opened up until 10am or later. We probably could have walked up and explained the situation to get into the FP line, but we weren't that bothered.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, today is our 180 day window for ADR's. (Aug 25-Sept 2). I keeping bringing up the schedule in MDE, and it won't let me access the week of our trip. I was hoping to book EMM for Sunday, 8/26. Am I do something wrong? Thank you!

Can you book other ADRs, or just not EMM?

If so and you can't book 8/26, either 1) the MK calendar is giving us bad clues, 2) we're going to get off a 180 day bookable pattern (both could be possible).

Can you book other ADRs, or just not EMM?

If so and you can't book 8/26, either 1) the MK calendar is giving us bad clues, 2) we're going to get off a 180 day bookable pattern (both could be possible).
I was able to book all of my ADR's from 8/25-9/2. Just not EMM. I thought maybe they just didn't release the dates yet, bit it seems like others have been able to book theirs. Maybe I should try calling?

I was able to book all of my ADR's from 8/25-9/2. Just not EMM. I thought maybe they just didn't release the dates yet, bit it seems like others have been able to book theirs. Maybe I should try calling?

I'd wait and see, no need to call. It won't sell out right away.

People have reported being able to book EMM during their +10 window, so this could be a sign it's getting off a bookable pattern. That does happen with EMM from time to time.

I'd wait and see, no need to call. It won't sell out right away.

People have reported being able to book EMM during their +10 window, so this could be a sign it's getting off a bookable pattern. That does happen with EMM from time to time.

I had a ton of issues making ADRs this morning and finally called. We are booked for 8/26, so it is open and available.

Thank you! I was kust able to book EMM for 8/26. Looks like in my case, only 180 days in advance is bookable, not the +10. I'm so glad I was able to book it! EMM is a must do every trip for us! Well worth the money IMO.

My 180 days was on Sunday and I was able to book 8/26 and 8/28 was also available. I'm sure it won't sell out that quickly, but I would still call because I'm the type who likes to have things squared away or it nags at me. It's definitely bookable. 9/2 was not bookable and it doesn't appear to be on the calendar for this year though, which I'm a bit disappointed with as I was expected it since we attended that day last year.

For anyone in doubt, we did this in late July and will be doing it again on 3/18. We got there a few minutes late because neither monorail or the ferry were running from the TTC until almost 7:45am. Even getting there a bit late, I rode 7DMT 11 times. I had to stop, because I was getting nauseous. DH and DS rode is 13 times. We rode PP once. Pooh was down. We had a couple of minutes to use the bathroom and then wait for RD. We then did breakfast about 9:30am. It was one of those priceless things.

We are booked for May 8th. I know it is published to end at 10AM, do they start removing the breakfast items right at 10AM. I am just trying to plan on how many rides we can get in at rope drop and still get back in time for breakfast.

Would you recommend this event on a party day?

It's my dd's birthday and was planning on MK but not MNSSHP party. Thought it would be a nice add on but if a waste of money due to lower crowds could spend it elsewhere.

It's my dd's birthday and was planning on MK but not MNSSHP party. Thought it would be a nice add on but if a waste of money due to lower crowds could spend it elsewhere.
Yes, my first time was a party day. Lines for 7DMT and PPF are going to be long even on a party day.

I will always recommend going to MK on a party day. You can get a lot done and by 6pm you'll probably be tired and ready to leave anyway! :)

We are booked for May 8th. I know it is published to end at 10AM, do they start removing the breakfast items right at 10AM. I am just trying to plan on how many rides we can get in at rope drop and still get back in time for breakfast.

In my experience, they don’t pack up right at 10AM. It’s more of a slow/gradual ending to the breakfast. That doesn’t mean you can walk in at 10:05AM and expect full trays of food - but generally speaking I’ve never seen them just shut everything down right away.

We left at or right before 10am. They weren't removing any food and actually added more around 9:45am. I didn't feel a rush though.

I just wanted to say thank you everyone for their advice and help getting us to MK the morning of our EMM on our very first WDW mini trip! We went last Tuesday the 20th and it was fantastic! We did manage to get all 12 of us out of the house by 6:39AM (were shooting for 6:30), but we hit a snag going into MK and ended up not arriving to the park until 8:00. First, we were running super ahead of schedule and then manage to miss the MK parking entrance and ended up going back the front side of TTC and going all the way around past the Grand Floridian and wedding pavillion. How? Yes, that was my question to the men driving too. I know to regulars it might seem insane but there were zero cars going into the MK parking and tons going on the turn off so he followed them. The detour back to parking was a mess and took like 15-20 minutes. Then we arrived at TTC (around 7:30ish) only the resort monorail was open, not the express or the ferry, so we had to wait a couple go rounds. Finalllly, we made it into the parks and checked into EMM right at 8:00. It was everything we needed it to be, empty walkways, walk ons for the 3 rides plus the carousel and a great meal.

Bottom line, I am so glad I took everyone's advice and went for it. The rest of the day was insane in the parks and it really saved our day I think. Although, I have to say I don't get the SDMT hype, I'd take BTMRR over it any day :rolleyes1

I just wanted to say thank you everyone for their advice and help getting us to MK the morning of our EMM on our very first WDW mini trip! We went last Tuesday the 20th and it was fantastic! We did manage to get all 12 of us out of the house by 6:39AM (were shooting for 6:30), but we hit a snag going into MK and ended up not arriving to the park until 8:00. First, we were running super ahead of schedule and then manage to miss the MK parking entrance and ended up going back the front side of TTC and going all the way around past the Grand Floridian and wedding pavillion. How? Yes, that was my question to the men driving too. I know to regulars it might seem insane but there were zero cars going into the MK parking and tons going on the turn off so he followed them. The detour back to parking was a mess and took like 15-20 minutes. Then we arrived at TTC (around 7:30ish) only the resort monorail was open, not the express or the ferry, so we had to wait a couple go rounds. Finalllly, we made it into the parks and checked into EMM right at 8:00. It was everything we needed it to be, empty walkways, walk ons for the 3 rides plus the carousel and a great meal.

Bottom line, I am so glad I took everyone's advice and went for it. The rest of the day was insane in the parks and it really saved our day I think. Although, I have to say I don't get the SDMT hype, I'd take BTMRR over it any day :rolleyes1

Wow - I admire you calm, cool, and collected approach in the face of transportation adversity. After such a strong start too! You ‘almost’ had it, especially with the early start!

Thanks for checking in with your experience. :-)

Breakfast was very quiet the day we were there--and we popped in and out a few times with people in our party on different schedules, it was never very full. But it got very quiet by 9:45 and they did start slowly condensing things down after that. Just before 10 a CM stopped by our table to see if we wanted more of anything, because they would be packing up soon. There was still plenty of food left at that point, though, and they didn't clear it instantly at 10.

I would plan on getting back there about 9:50 at the latest, and if you do go late to make sure you get everything you want on your plate on your first pass just in case, but it's unlikely they will let you go hungry. We found the CMs working EMM to be very friendly and helpful, and they seemed eager to make sure everyone felt like they got their money's worth. We were reminded multiple times that we could pop in and out, grab an early coffee and pastry and hit the rides, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter