MNSSHP 2012 Official Information

A couple of brief questions...I searched but couldn't quite find the answers. We will be there on Sunday, Oct. 21.

1. Will there still be sorcerer cards left? We plan to go by the firehouse early. DS 8 desperately wants one.

2. Where are Mickey and Minnie doing their M&G?

Thanks so much. It has only been a couple of years since we've gone. I can't believe there is no free face painting and no photopass discount. I think the discount went away the last time I was there, but it still stinks:(

Finally bought our tickets! Kept going back and forth on waiting to see about weather and decided we always make the best of any situation so we might as well just take the plunge now. Got our tickets for the 21st and 23rd! Woohoo! I thought with two parties, we might actually get to see and do most everything we'd want as going this time of year probably won't happen again for a very long time.

A couple of brief questions...I searched but couldn't quite find the answers. We will be there on Sunday, Oct. 21.

1. Will there still be sorcerer cards left? We plan to go by the firehouse early. DS 8 desperately wants one.

2. Where are Mickey and Minnie doing their M&G?

Thanks so much. It has only been a couple of years since we've gone. I can't believe there is no free face painting and no photopass discount. I think the discount went away the last time I was there, but it still stinks:(

1. I don't know for a fact, but I believe so.

2. Town Square Theater, on your right as you enter MK under the train station.

ksloane said:
Finally bought our tickets! Kept going back and forth on waiting to see about weather and decided we always make the best of any situation so we might as well just take the plunge now. Got our tickets for the 21st and 23rd! Woohoo! I thought with two parties, we might actually get to see and do most everything we'd want as going this time of year probably won't happen again for a very long time.

K- we will be at the mnsshp on oct 23 too! Are you doing costumes?

I know they are doing soft-openings on Fantasyland lately. Anyone know if those parts are open during the party?

another thread reported that FL was not open during the party. sorry, i don't have personal experience though.

and in another thread someone posted that LM was open during last night's party, so :confused3 I guess it's like any other soft opening, it's the luck of the draw! Personally I'm hoping they have LM running during the parties since we will be there during the CM previews and that would likely be our only chance to ride.

You should have no problem - we got ours last night at 8:20. The CM had a huge handful so I wouldn't worry about a shortage.

I know they are doing soft-openings on Fantasyland lately. Anyone know if those parts are open during the party?

Yes - it's fully open during the party.

and in another thread someone posted that LM was open during last night's party, so :confused3 I guess it's like any other soft opening, it's the luck of the draw! Personally I'm hoping they have LM running during the parties since we will be there during the CM previews and that would likely be our only chance to ride.

yeah, soft openings are tricky. i was just relaying what i had heard though. hopefully, you'll have some luck and get in!

I am just curious...have there been any additions, subtractions or surprise M&G since the first couple of parties? I am going to the party on the 28th and am trying to find out if there have been any changes since I have been out of the loop for the last month.

We were at the 10/14 party and got to see it. Lovely!!!! Can't wait for the finished product. DH commented that the Little Mermaid ride smelled new. :lmao:

I am just curious...have there been any additions, subtractions or surprise M&G since the first couple of parties? I am going to the party on the 28th and am trying to find out if there have been any changes since I have been out of the loop for the last month.

Nope.

We arrive Nov 2nd and I'm still debating on whether or not to go to the party. Is it mostly just standing in lines for characters and candy? It sounds like fun, but I don't want to pay that much just to continuously stand in line.
Thanks for any help!!

I don't go to stand in line for candy. I have stood in line to see the 7 dwarfs and that was worth it to me because when else can I do that? What I like is the special parade and fireworks and seeing lots of people, kids and adults alike, dressed up in costume. That's why we go.

We arrive Nov 2nd and I'm still debating on whether or not to go to the party. Is it mostly just standing in lines for characters and candy? It sounds like fun, but I don't want to pay that much just to continuously stand in line.
Thanks for any help!!

Not sure how it will be as it closes in on Halloween, but last Tuesday we didn't wait in line for anything. We rode the rides, ate, watched people and the parade (twice), sat at the rope at the foot of the stage for the villains mix and mingle, and trick or treated at key times to avoid the lines.

The dance parties are a lot of fun too, they were still going at 11:30. So there is a lot to do.

We had so much fun and the time just flew. We were in the park by 4:30 and spent the night until just after the second parade. My family went back and I stayed till midnight to do the haunted mansion again and to fill up our disney shopping bag. They really do dump it in your bags just before close.

This thread was very helpful for me when planning for MNSSHP, so I figured I'd report back.

We attended the party on Friday, October 12. That was the day that New Fantasyland first opened for "dress rehearsal," but it was not open during the party.

We went as Buzz Lightyear and the Aliens from Toy Story:

DSC_2603 by vshingl, on Flickr

We entered the park at 6:00 PM and spent the hour before the party taking photos and riding Buzz Lightyear.

Our costumes were very popular, and a lot of guests asked if they could take a picture with us (and some people just creeped pictures of us). I had read on DIS that as long as you weren't posing as the character, you could take pictures with guests if they asked. However, when we were in Tomorrowland in front of the Buzz Lightyear attraction and a guest requested a picture with us, a CM approached our Buzz Lightyear and told him he couldn't pose for photos with guests. This made us look like jerks as we had to turn down people who wanted a picture with us. We decided that it was probably the location of the photograph that caught the attention of the CM, so we did take some more quick photos with guests who asked once we left Tomorrowland.

We hit a lot of Candy stops during the party. We especially liked the Alice in Wonderland Candy Trail. We took our picture with Pooh and Friends during the first hour of the party with about a 10 minute wait. We ate dinner during the first Boo to You Parade, then caught Villains Tonight and found spots for HalloWishes. I couldn't believe that everyone in the castle hub actually stayed seated during the fireworks. We then just stayed put in the hub for the second Boo to You Parade. After the parade, we headed straight to meet Mickey and Minnie with no wait, then met the princesses with a short 10 minute wait.

Overall, we really enjoyed MNSSHP. I read a lot of advice before going to the party, but I ended up throwing most of this information out the window. We ditched the Touring Plan and just did what we wanted - the only things we really had set were the fireworks and parade.

Here's a list of all of the things we did "wrong" (according to others' advice):
- Attended a Friday party in October. This is apparently a big no-no because it's when all of the locals go. But we didn't notice it to be extremely crowded, even in typically high-traffic areas like Fantasyland. It didn't even seem to be crowded when we were staking out our fireworks/parade spot. After reading people's reports on DIS about the Thursday and Sunday parties that week, I think that maybe everyone is taking the advice to not go on a Friday... so Fridays are now less crowded? Kind of like everyone is now visiting WDW in October during the "low season" ... which is no longer so empty.
- Started Trick-or-Treating at the beginning of the party. These big kids wanted candy! We found the candy lines to be fast-moving, and we got lots of candy. We did notice that Addie, Rachel, and I got more candy than Mom, Dad, and Max. And during the parade, when Max and I both held out our treat bags, they put candy in mine, but none in Max's!
- We rode rides during the party. Well, only Space Mountain - but it was a 10 minute wait (we ended up walking right on). I don't think that it wasted a lot of party time.
- We didn't line up for a popular character before the party. I had initially planned for us to line up for the Dwarfs... but then decided that it would just be a huge waste of time. We got great character interaction and hardly had to wait.

It was a really good party. Honestly, I think it would've been worth the $65 for HalloWishes and the Boo to You parade alone. I'm really glad that we went, and I'm glad that we wore costumes. It was a great experience.

If you want to read more about our experience at MNSSHP and see a bunch of pictures, check out my TR - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009647!

JUST purchased a ticket to the party on 10/30 (right now just me, my mother may join). I don't really have a costume as this was literally just purchased today so I don't think I'll have one though if anyone has cheap, easy costumes that don't take up too much luggage space I will welcome them! I just didn't want to go for my first visit in nearly 18 years and miss out on the party! Is anyone else going that night?

I leave on MONDAY!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter