MNSSHP 2012 Official Information

Belleandtinker said:
Wow that early and they don't get out until 7pm. I feel like its star war weekend .

That particular line is long all night. You can do your waiting before the party, or during it. The more waiting you're willing to do before, the less you will during.

I'm going to the party on the 30th. Exactly how insane should I expect it to be? I wasn't going to do many character greetings because I don't want to spend all night in line for them, but I'm willing to get in line for the Dwarfs as soon as I enter MK if necessary. After that I was just going to do Trick or Treating, see the parade and the fireworks, and maybe ride some attractions if I have time.

I'm going to the party on the 30th. Exactly how insane should I expect it to be? I wasn't going to do many character greetings because I don't want to spend all night in line for them, but I'm willing to get in line for the Dwarfs as soon as I enter MK if necessary. After that I was just going to do Trick or Treating, see the parade and the fireworks, and maybe ride some attractions if I have time.

You should be fine meeting those goals.

I saw this on another thread and thought I'd post over here too for anyone who cares.

Kennythe pirate has heard a rumor that Belle and the Beast won't be meeting during the party, but that they are thinking of keeping Enchanted Tales with Belle open instead.

I am VERY disappointed in this, as it makes Belle almost unmeetable for us. (Let's face it.... that joke of a speed photo for ETWB participants just doesn't count).

I'm very disappointed if this is true for many reasons.

1) ETWB will be open most of the time during the day when MVMCP is running already. It's not a party exclusive

2) Belle used to have an Encanted Storytime during MVMCP back before they closed her show in Fairytale Garden. Yet there was no need to give something back to replace it. So now they are giving it back in the form of ETWB and they feel the need to take something away? It's not a matter of not wanting Belle in 2 spots during the party, as this was certainly never a problem before. We saw Belle in her storytime at the party before AND meeting with the Beast in their Christmas finery over in the stroller parking by Small World.

3) Beast will be unmeetable unless you happen to have ADRs at BOG and the rumor is true that he will be there.

I really just can't believe what they're doing with Belle just as her village is finally opening. BOO!

It might be time for me to write another letter. I don't think it helps, but it might make me feel better.

And honestly, if I hadn't already bought tickets to 2 MVMCPs, I'd be rethinking that plan. I really don't get why they think people want to pay $60 a head just to do things they can do during a regular park day.

I saw this on another thread and thought I'd post over here too for anyone who cares.

Kennythe pirate has heard a rumor that Belle and the Beast won't be meeting during the party, but that they are thinking of keeping Enchanted Tales with Belle open instead.

I am VERY disappointed in this, as it makes Belle almost unmeetable for us. (Let's face it.... that joke of a speed photo for ETWB participants just doesn't count).

I'm very disappointed if this is true for many reasons.

1) ETWB will be open most of the time during the day when MVMCP is running already. It's not a party exclusive

2) Belle used to have an Encanted Storytime during MVMCP back before they closed her show in Fairytale Garden. Yet there was no need to give something back to replace it. So now they are giving it back in the form of ETWB and they feel the need to take something away? It's not a matter of not wanting Belle in 2 spots during the party, as this was certainly never a problem before. We saw Belle in her storytime at the party before AND meeting with the Beast in their Christmas finery over in the stroller parking by Small World.

3) Beast will be unmeetable unless you happen to have ADRs at BOG and the rumor is true that he will be there.

I really just can't believe what they're doing with Belle just as her village is finally opening. BOO!

It might be time for me to write another letter. I don't think it helps, but it might make me feel better.

And honestly, if I hadn't already bought tickets to 2 MVMCPs, I'd be rethinking that plan. I really don't get why they think people want to pay $60 a head just to do things they can do during a regular park day.

CMs seem to think Belle will end up returning in MK with some type of normal M&G eventually. They already know guests will be unhappy with this, and they are unhappy too...they know the complaints will be flooding in. Let's just see if the powers that be listen to them, and the guests.

We also went to the party on the 8th. At about 6:15pm, we got in line for Jack Sparrow. We were the 2nd group in line. He was great! He asked my kids if they knew where the treasure and the Black Pearl was. We also got pictures with Gaston, Lotso, Jafar and the Tremaines. The interaction was great! I told Lotso that he smelled like strawberries and he rubbed his tummy. I told Gaston that Belle should have chosen him. He said, "I know, what is wrong with her choosing a beast over me. Look at me, I'm gorgeous!" One of the stepsisters asked me if my son was rich. He was dressed up as Luigi from Mario Bros. I told her, "no, he's just a plumber." She asked if my other son, who was dressed up as Batman, was rich to which I replied, "not yet." I couldn't give away his secret identity as Bruce Wayne, the billionaire. Haha. Lady Tremaine asked my son if he could fly. They really got into character.

We tried to go to Splash Mountain next before the first parade began so we could see the 7 Dwarves during the parade, figuring that the line might not be so bad. A few of the ways we tried to go were blocked off. We ended up having to go through Adventure Land over to Frontier Land and were blocked off by the parade. It was toward the end of the parade so afterwards, we went straight to meet the Dwarves and luckily for us, the line wasn't too bad. We only ended up waiting for about 10-15 minutes. After that, we decided to find a spot to watch Hallowishes. We settled for a spot not far from Crystal Palace. Overall it was a good spot, except for a tree that got in the way a little.

My younger son was tired and was saying he wanted to go back to the resort. I told him that we would go back after the 2nd parade since we only saw a little bit of the 1st one. We got a spot on the curb on Main St. after getting a couple snacks. I kept looking for the headless horseman and wondered why he never came. I just noticed yesterday that there had been an incident where he fell down before the first parade and that he was being evaluated/treated so he didn't come out for the 2nd parade. We waited for quite a while for the parade to make it to Main Street. After the parade, it was very crowded on Main Street. We decided to look around in the shops for a little while to give the crowds a chance to clear out. Before we left, we got our collector's card and got our stuff from the locker we rented, returned the key and headed to our bus. The wait for the bus wasn't too bad and I was happy that my son was willing to wait for the crowds to clear a little.

Overall it was a great party! If my son wasn't tired, we could have gotten to do a lot more but I didn't want to push him. He was sick a few days prior to the party so I knew he was still recovering. I would have loved to have gotten a picture with the hitchhiking ghost and I also would have liked to have gone on the haunted mansion during the party and seen the Villains Mix and Mingle.

I just ordered tickets for the Oct 21 party. I know I'm supposed to pick them up at Will Call but my question is if I can only get them the day of the party. Im heading to MK on Tuesday or Wednsday to try to see NewFantasyland, can I get the tickets from Willcall then?

Also I ordered my ticket with my AP discount using my CC so I know I just need to be there to pick it up. I also ordered tickets for my friend using my discount but her CC. We both need to be there to pick hers up right?

CMs seem to think Belle will end up returning in MK with some type of normal M&G eventually. They already know guests will be unhappy with this, and they are unhappy too...they know the complaints will be flooding in. Let's just see if the powers that be listen to them, and the guests.

LOL, I posted this in the wrong thread. I thought I was on the MVMCP thread. Guess I should post it over there......

I hope you're right about them figuring out they messed up on this one. I just hope they do it before December because we might not make it back for a couple years after that.

Seriously though...... how hard is it to figure out that people want a photo with Belle when you just put all this effort into her village and are trying to sell lots of new Belle merchandise?

avgeek81 said:
I just ordered tickets for the Oct 21 party. I know I'm supposed to pick them up at Will Call but my question is if I can only get them the day of the party. Im heading to MK on Tuesday or Wednsday to try to see NewFantasyland, can I get the tickets from Willcall then?

Also I ordered my ticket with my AP discount using my CC so I know I just need to be there to pick it up. I also ordered tickets for my friend using my discount but her CC. We both need to be there to pick hers up right?

You can pick them up any day. You don't have to wait until the day of the party. I picked mine up at Guest services at Downtown Disney today for the party on the 16th. I didn't have to provide the cc used - only my id and my DVC card (since I ordered with the DVC discount.)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

For anyone wanting to meet the 7 dwarves but not wanting to stand in line early, during the first parade the line was only 20 minutes. We were able to get our pick and the watch wishes. I did alot of the characters so if you have any questions just let me know.

StEpHandMiKe<3Disney said:
For anyone wanting to meet the 7 dwarves but not wanting to stand in line early, during the first parade the line was only 20 minutes. We were able to get our pick and the watch wishes. I did alot of the characters so if you have any questions just let me know.

Thanks for the advice. I REALLY want to get a photo with them but I'm not willing to wait an exceptionally long time.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi...this may have already been answered (I tried looking through this thread and couldn't find anything :confused3) but, are they doing the free facepainting at MNSSHP this year? We missed it last year (the facepainting not MNSSHP).

Just curious....TIA!

Thanks for the tip

Hi...this may have already been answered (I tried looking through this thread and couldn't find anything :confused3) but, are they doing the free facepainting at MNSSHP this year? We missed it last year (the facepainting not MNSSHP).

Just curious....TIA!

No face painting this year or last.

OK, thanks! Maybe that's why we missed it last year at MNSSHP...we ended up getting the kids facepainted at DD the last day of our trip.

We are going to MNSSHP for the first time in a couple weeks. I am confused about Mickey and Minnie M&G. They change into different costumes? Do they still meet together during the party? My DD was sad to find out they moved Minnie out of TST. She loved having them both together. Mickey and Minnie are a higher priority than the Dwarfs for her. What is the best plan to see them in both costumes? Where can we find them?
All of the info and tips are wonderful. I know now that we won't be able to do everything. Trying to get my gameplan ready.

We are going to MNSSHP for the first time in a couple weeks. I am confused about Mickey and Minnie M&G. They change into different costumes? Do they still meet together during the party? My DD was sad to find out they moved Minnie out of TST. She loved having them both together. Mickey and Minnie are a higher priority than the Dwarfs for her. What is the best plan to see them in both costumes? Where can we find them?
All of the info and tips are wonderful. I know now that we won't be able to do everything. Trying to get my gameplan ready.

Mickey and Minnie do meet together at the parties.

Unfortunately, there's no way to guarantee seeing them in both costumes. You'll pretty much just have to take your luck when you go through the line on return visits. It's rare that they will even tell you before you go in what you will find behind the door.

And they are indeed in TST.

Mickey and Minnie do meet together at the parties.

Unfortunately, there's no way to guarantee seeing them in both costumes. You'll pretty much just have to take your luck when you go through the line on return visits. It's rare that they will even tell you before you go in what you will find behind the door.

And they are indeed in TST.

Thanks mom2rtk! So glad they are together! We are surprising my DD with the MNSSHP so I am secretly planning. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter