MNSSHP Photos and Tips..I'll Start!!! New Pictures SOON!!!!

ok, I need help of those that have been. We will be going to our first MNSSHP this year and are trying to decide about costumes. I was thinking of all of us (myself, dh and 3 sons) being hippies so that we could just wear jeans and a tshirt. i was thinking this would be best so we could still be in costume technically but also not be too hot and be comfortable for going on rides and such. My older two boys are a little disappointed with this however. They want to "dress up" in more of a costume. I have just heard it will probably be quite hot so I don't want them to be too hot or uncomfortable with all the walking and going on rides. Can someone who has been before please help point me in the right direction? Thank you so much in advance for any help.

P.S. we are going to the party on Oct. 2nd I think it is.

ok, I need help of those that have been. We will be going to our first MNSSHP this year and are trying to decide about costumes. I was thinking of all of us (myself, dh and 3 sons) being hippies so that we could just wear jeans and a tshirt. i was thinking this would be best so we could still be in costume technically but also not be too hot and be comfortable for going on rides and such. My older two boys are a little disappointed with this however. They want to "dress up" in more of a costume. I have just heard it will probably be quite hot so I don't want them to be too hot or uncomfortable with all the walking and going on rides. Can someone who has been before please help point me in the right direction? Thank you so much in advance for any help.

P.S. we are going to the party on Oct. 2nd I think it is.

Sept and early Oct are (usually) still very hot and humid, so being cool and moving easily are definitely important. But DGrD and DNeph get so excited about planning their costumes that I wouldn't want them to feel disappointed. DNeph has been Peter Pan in shorts and short sleeve shirt (with the hat, etc), one of the card guards in a costume I made from a pillow case and he wore shorts and a white tee under it. Pirates are always an easy costume to put together with shorts/short sleeves. Hippies sound great, but I would consider cut-off jeans. We were on the bus with a family dressed in full Incredibles costumes one year in 90+ degrees and they were all extremely uncomfortable - they looked so great, but, sadly, I don't think they could have endured those costumes for very long. For me, the excitement of the kids is part of the fun:thumbsup2 We love MNSSHP!!

A question for those who have BTDT. Do adults typically dress up too? I've see pictures of some, but are they in the majority or minority? I've got my DH convinced to wear a costume, but if there aren't that many grown-ups dressed up he's likely to kill me! :rotfl:

We were there last year and saw lots of adults dressed up. I think you have more fun that way. We saw adults without kids dressed up too. We did dress up alittle but plan to dress up more this time in September but not sure what to wear. My DH last year did not want to dress up so he wore a Halloween tshirt with a halloween bandana I made with Halloween fabric but I think he will dress up more this year as we saw tonnes of costumes last year and he is already made comments like "what are we wearing this year" so I think he is good to go this year.

I also think if you are not in costume you kind of stand out of the crowd a bit.

hope this helps.

We were there last year and saw lots of adults dressed up. I think you have more fun that way. We saw adults without kids dressed up too. We did dress up alittle but plan to dress up more this time in September but not sure what to wear. My DH last year did not want to dress up so he wore a Halloween tshirt with a halloween bandana I made with Halloween fabric but I think he will dress up more this year as we saw tonnes of costumes last year and he is already made comments like "what are we wearing this year" so I think he is good to go this year.

I also think if you are not in costume you kind of stand out of the crowd a bit.

hope this helps.

Thanks, good to know. I suspected as much (especially since we're going to be there on Halloween, so hoped everyone would be in the spirit), but just wanted to make sure I had my butt covered wrt my DH! :rotfl:

hope this helps.

Halloween is really the only time adults can dress up at Disney now that the Pirate & Princess party is gone. (I guess you could at Christmas since it's also a hard ticket event, but no one does.).

We haven't been, but I've made costumes for others headed there and can't wait to try for myself! We'll be there this year on 9/29 and 10/1. Although now that my teenage son has seen me in my Cinderella Rags costume, I think he's rethinking the whole thing....

Although now that my teenage son has seen me in my Cinderella Rags costume, I think he's rethinking the whole thing....

Do you make all those costume's yourself? Wow! they are really beautiful. Does she wear them all day or just for pics? I can't wait to see pics of the Cindy in rags costume.

Do you make all those costume's yourself? Wow! they are really beautiful. Does she wear them all day or just for pics? I can't wait to see pics of the Cindy in rags costume.

Hi! Thanks. Yes, I make them all myself. It's kind of a sickness.... ;)

I usually cart a big bag of costumes into the park with me. I research ahead of time which characters we're most likely to find where, then stalk them..... She usually changes into the costumes for pictures, and sometimes leaves them on, sometimes not. I try to keep it fun, and we both have a lot of fun with it. She's 8, so I'm soaking it for all I can before she outgrows it....

We're going with a Cinderella theme our second night at the party. That one will be girls only night. We're starting with dinner at the castle. I'm wearing my Fairy Godmother, but will have Cindy in rags underneath because the FG costume gets hot REALLY fast. She will probably wear her pink gown, the one made by the mice. I'm thinking the mice might get a kick out of it. We might have her blue gown along in the bag for pictures in front of the carriage. And of course, at some point, I would like pictures in front of the castle.

Anyone know if the stepmother and/or stepsisters appear at the Halloween party????

I am sure there wil be a whole lot of pirates, but our whole family is dressing up as pirates! From the DS1 to his Nana- all pirates. My DD8 has no idea why i convinced her to be pirates with us this halloween! The MNSSHP is her surprise when we hit the world this sept!! Should be a blast!

Mom2rtk your photos are so cute, you take dressing up to a whole new level!! My daughter's loved your pictures, and my oldest said that if we can't find a good fairy costume for MNSSHP she wants to be belle just like your daughter..thanks for posting!!

Mom2rtk your photos are so cute, you take dressing up to a whole new level!! My daughter's loved your pictures, and my oldest said that if we can't find a good fairy costume for MNSSHP she wants to be belle just like your daughter..thanks for posting!!

THANK YOU! And tell your daughter Thank You too! My daughter and I are having a ball with it. :) I hope you do too!

Now I'm just praying for a week that's not too hot in late Sept/early Oct...... that's not too much to hope for, is it????

We were just there for one evening a couple of weeks ago and I prayed for the same thing and did OK...... overcast and high of 82 that day........ So all things are possible!

THANK YOU! And tell your daughter Thank You too! My daughter and I are having a ball with it. :) I hope you do too!

Now I'm just praying for a week that's not too hot in late Sept/early Oct...... that's not too much to hope for, is it????

We were just there for one evening a couple of weeks ago and I prayed for the same thing and did OK...... overcast and high of 82 that day........ So all things are possible!

All I can say is WOW...you are very talented! I don't know how you do it...the costumes are so authentic! What great pictures and memories to have of your daughter through the years! Thanks for sharing these!

I agree mom2rtk! WOW!!! :worship: You are amazing!! What a great skill to have! :thumbsup2 Love the pictures. Guess I have no excuse now to think of a costume!

hope this helps.

oh geez....are you dressing up during dinner. We may have to rethink dinner plans here. :lmao: Oh wait.....James and I will be the ones who stand out if we dont dress up. Oh dear that means James will have to wear a costume. What do you think the chances of that are.

I'm trying to think of a costume but for me but I don't have any ideas!:sad2:

Anyone know if the stepmother and/or stepsisters appear at the Halloween party????

I do think that the stepmother and stepsisters are out at the party. I am pretty sure I have seen pictures of them.

Mom2rtk, this is too funny. I'm looking at costumes on eBay for my kids for our trip (need costumes for Halloween and our "princesss day"). I click on a Mulan costume and think "hey, I know that kid!" It is your listing and I recognized your daughter from your flikr album! :rotfl:

Mom2rtk, this is too funny. I'm looking at costumes on eBay for my kids for our trip (need costumes for Halloween and our "princesss day"). I click on a Mulan costume and think "hey, I know that kid!" It is your listing and I recognized your daughter from your flikr album! :rotfl:

Apparently we travel in the same circles! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I've been selling on Ebay for a long time, and half expect someone to come up at Disney and call my daughter by name!

I WAS at dinner one night at the Liberty Tree Tavern and spotted a couple of little girls sitting at a table wearing dresses I had made. How funny was it that I could just walk up and say, "Pardon me, but I believe I made your dresses!" :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

mom2rtk, what is your ebay seller name, i would love to have a look at the sales

oh geez....are you dressing up during dinner. We may have to rethink dinner plans here. :lmao:

No way, last year we rented a locker at MK and then changed in the bathroom right beside the lockers at the front gates. Dinner at Ohana in costumes??? Would you ever speak to me again??? :lmao: Not sure what we are going to be though. I got Shawn a Rockband dress up kit for a :rotfl2: for father's day and it has a mullet wig, so I told him all he had to do was get a 80's hair band shirt and wear some cut off jean shorts and he is all set. Now for me??? Not really sure???

Anyone got some suggestions for adult women? It is iffy if the costume's will be out at Walmart or Target in time for our Sept 10 departure, since I am pretty sure it will still be back to school time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter