MNSSHP Photos and Tips..I'll Start!!! New Pictures SOON!!!!

What happened was the we got there about 5:30-6 and went to have dinner CS. The CS was packed so it took just as long as TS. By the time we were getting done, it was the start of the party. DD wanted to go on some rides so we spent party time doing that. We will NOT do that this year. We'll go early, ride anything she wants, eat CS, and then after 7 we will only do party things (except for Haunted Mansion because that's really cool at the Party) If you stop to watch Hallowishes, the parade, and Villian Mix and Mingle, there isn't a lot of time to do too much else sadly if you were riding rides! We missed all of Fantasyland and the character dance parties. And we stayed until the very end of the party.

The pics of my TR from last year's party is in this thread somewhere but you can also link to it through my siggie if you'd like to check out our review.

FOUND THE PICS...they are on page 5!

Ah, gottcha. We will be attending MNSSHP at the end of our trip, so we've decided that we probably won't do any rides (except maybe the mansion) since the kids will have already had a couple of visits to MK. We're looking at the party as purely for Halloween so will only be letting the kids do the Halloween stuff, trick or treating, the dance parties, parade etc.

BTW, I checked out your pictures (I remember seeing them earlier when I read through the thread). Great shots! Your daughter looks adorable!

Ok, we won't bother bringing our own bags. I'm sure we can find something spend $50 on to get the bigger bag. Besides, I'm hoping to go as Mary Poppins, so we can always use my carpet bag if we get desperate. :rotfl:

Is there a separate entrance for ppl with party tickets? How does it work if you are entering the park early (for dinner), but are going to MNSSHP? (we've never been to the Halloween party before - heck, I actually haven't been to Disney in over 15 years! :scared1:)

Ah, gottcha. We will be attending MNSSHP at the end of our trip, so we've decided that we probably won't do any rides (except maybe the mansion) since the kids will have already had a couple of visits to MK. We're looking at the party as purely for Halloween so will only be letting the kids do the Halloween stuff, trick or treating, the dance parties, parade etc.

BTW, I checked out your pictures (I remember seeing them earlier when I read through the thread). Great shots! Your daughter looks adorable!

I used my Dorothy basket to throw everything in!!! Just be careful as MP that you don't overheat. It will be super hot.

You use the normal entrance for MNSSHP. You'll have your party ticket and your costumes will obviously give you away! When you show your party ticket, they'll give you the bracelet so you don't have to go back up front.

Def. do the mansion during the party. They have some of the ride characters walking around outside and they are hilarious. Plus they take that cool pic of you with the ghost (you take that when you come off the ride). Other than that, ya skip the rides. Although the view from Space Mountain is pretty fabulous with the park all lit up for MNSSHP. It's amazing how fast they change the park around to make it look Halloween-y!

Thanks about the pics. We had such a great time. I can't wait for this year!

Recieved my tickets for MNSSHP, the kids loved all the characters on the cards! does anyone have any group ideas and photos, planning for a group of 12...and would love ideas..Thanks in advance!!

Recieved my tickets for MNSSHP, the kids loved all the characters on the cards! does anyone have any group ideas and photos, planning for a group of 12...and would love ideas..Thanks in advance!!

My only tip is to try and get a nice group shot early in the evening before everyone gets sweaty and parts of costumes start coming off ;)

The shots they take at Pirates and Haunted Mansion obviously come out better in the dark so you'll have to wait for those.

Make sure you stop a Photopass Photographer and get your special party photopass card. It will enable you to get the MNSSHP borders for your pics.

We are excited because it looks like we will be going Oct. 6. It may be anywhere from 3-9 of us. We are thinking of going as characters from Peter Pan. Wendy, Tink, Peter, Captain Hook, Smee, Princess Tiger Lily, a mermaid, Michael, John, and Mary Darling are some of our ideas. Of course we could be some of the lost boys like tootles, nibs, curly, slightly, and the twins. At any rate it is sure to be a great time.

Thanks for starting this tread.

Hi everyone. Thanks so much for starting this thread, all the pics and tips have been great. We will be going to MNSSHP for the first time this year Oct. 18th. My questions are: What are good locations for finding characters (especially Snow White and the Dwarfs, and Tarzan)? Also, what happens if it rains? We'll only get to do the one party, so do they still have the parade, fireworks, and trick-or-treating?

Hi everyone. Thanks so much for starting this thread, all the pics and tips have been great. We will be going to MNSSHP for the first time this year Oct. 18th. My questions are: What are good locations for finding characters (especially Snow White and the Dwarfs, and Tarzan)? Also, what happens if it rains? We'll only get to do the one party, so do they still have the parade, fireworks, and trick-or-treating?

Here is a link to the map for MNSSHP, it's the 2008 one, but the new one is not out yet!
http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/photos/mnsshp-map1.htm
Also, what happens if it rains? I believe the party still happens, not sure if they do fireworks or anything thought? I'm sure someone out there did a rainy night, and can give you feedback.
do they still have the parade, fireworks, and trick-or-treating?Yes!!!!!!!!!
Hope this helps.

Still looking for some ideas for a grand gathering group...anyone out there still???????

Hey LPN- how many are in your party?? Are you wanting to do matching shirts, or costumes?? If you are thinking shirts, I would go with something like this!
109_2027-1.jpg

And be Mickey Hippies! haha!

Well, we are almost ready (Me, as Cinderella, and DS and DBF as my Prince Charmings..) I am just waiting for my dress to be finished at the alteration place.. I have glass slippers, a hair piece, the whole nine yards!

Here is a link to the map for MNSSHP, it's the 2008 one, but the new one is not out yet!
http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/photos/mnsshp-map1.htm
Also, what happens if it rains? I believe the party still happens, not sure if they do fireworks or anything thought? I'm sure someone out there did a rainy night, and can give you feedback.
do they still have the parade, fireworks, and trick-or-treating?Yes!!!!!!!!!
Hope this helps.

Still looking for some ideas for a grand gathering group...anyone out there still???????

They do the fireworks rain or shine. They will also do the trick or treating. If it rains, a lot of the costumed characters will not be out unless they can be under cover somewhere. The parade does go on but parts are changed for safety sake (like the Headless Horseman does not ride in the rain).

We have a group of 8 going on Sept. 15th. I really wanted to do fancy costumes, but with the heat I knew they would not work. So, we decided to be "Team Mickey" baseball team. We have jerseys, that I've ironed on, baseball shorts, and matching baseball hats. It's nothing fancy, but they look really great, and our group will be cool. Have a great trip.

We have a group of 8 going on Sept. 15th. I really wanted to do fancy costumes, but with the heat I knew they would not work. So, we decided to be "Team Mickey" baseball team. We have jerseys, that I've ironed on, baseball shorts, and matching baseball hats. It's nothing fancy, but they look really great, and our group will be cool. Have a great trip.
Great Idea!!! Thanks.

Hey LPN- how many are in your party?? Are you wanting to do matching shirts, or costumes?? If you are thinking shirts, I would go with something like this!
We have 12 in our group. 5 children, 7 adults. I just need an idea for the adults, all of the kids have costume ideas! We actually are making these t-shirts at one of our before WDW parties, will post pictures of how they turn out. Thanks for all the help!!

Does the Huanted Mansions Fastpass system work during that night. For instance if we were in teh park that day and got our fastpass ticket would we be able to use it that night? Actually, maybe I am confusing HM DL with HM DW...? Eek!

I have enjoyed this thread. this is our first MNSSHP we are going on Oct 1st I was thinking about just making my ds 10 a pirate shirt.

tinker: I love your tye dyed mickey shirts wish I could make these for DH and myself. Do you make them for people? You can im me with info.

Thanks for all the pics! They are great!

Bumping a good thread! Here are our costumes for this year- please keep in mind I just tried my dress on- I have alllll sorts of accessories to go with it! ha!
109_2293.jpg

109_2214.jpg

Bumping a good thread! Here are our costumes for this year- please keep in mind I just tried my dress on- I have alllll sorts of accessories to go with it! ha!

What great costumes..wish I could look that good in a cinderella costume..I would be the fairy godmother:rotfl:!!! Your son looks so cute as the prince. Thanks for posting!

wow SPECTACULAR cinderella dress ! U look great in it! Have a blast!:thumbsup2

We will be there at 2 parties this yr, our DD6 will be Belle and then Aurora, not set on myself yet...........my Mom will be a jester.

109_2293.jpg

109_2214.jpg

You guys look AWESOME!!!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter