Monorails to no longer operate during Evening Extra Magic Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "up in the air" decision-making is reeking of a management who did not think this through and understand the effects the cutbacks would have, plus the no warning thing certainly did not help that perception. Had this announcement been in May or even June (keeping the same dates), things may have been looked at different.
My "up yours" comment was "inspired" by the above phrase. This seems to be the current attitude from Disney, regarding all their cutbacks.
. So, while I think " Up Yours" may be a tough choice of words, I would agree with this assessment and say it is WDW once again saying, "here's another cutback while we maintain price or even increase price."
I m sorry, if it is harsh. I'm extremely frustrated. No consistency...a different excuse/response from CM's. It's like playing roulette, place you bets, spin the wheel...where it ends, nobody knows.

I realize now it was a question in one post and a statement in (at least) one other.

As for not being an MK-area resort guest - unless WL counts - I think there are, or were until they were frightened, chased, or bored away, other DISers who wouldn't be affected but were outraged.
We won't be MK resort guests but I still want to be able to dine and shop at those resorts. Like others have said, it can certainly affect even temporary patrons.

My "up yours" comment was "inspired" by the above phrase. This seems to be the current attitude from Disney, regarding all their cutbacks.
I m sorry, if it is harsh. I'm extremely frustrated. No consistency...a different excuse/response from CM's. It's like playing roulette, place you bets, spin the wheel...where it ends, nobody knows.

I would be frustrated too! This all from a company that claims to be the best in industry and one that hold themselves to a higher standard etc. When is a person supposed to worry about the monorails, after the fact? I find some people on this site would defend or apolpgize for disney irregardless of what they do!It is almost like a parent that doesn't want to admit that their kid can do wrong.

Since the monorail run until an hour after normal MK closing time, how many people would still be eating? I just don't eat that late. As a adult I have not stayed at a monorail resort, YET. We are staying at BLT in Feb.

At the times of year we usually go, the MK closes at 7 or 8 most nights. Many people, especially at the signature restaurants where the earliest seating is 5:30 and a meal generally takes 90min to 2hrs, are still having dinner at 8 or 9pm.

We don't stay at monorail resorts, so I guess I'm not supposed to have an opinion on the change, but since it effects our dinner plans for 3 of our 7 nights I'm not going to let where I stay stop me from speaking up. :rolleyes:

What I'm saying is - since people who aren't affected by the change can complain, surely people who aren't affected can present the opposing point of view?

Well, some folks feel, room size is most important, and OKW is the best. I've never vacationed, at OKW, so I don't have an informed opinion. I certainly, wouldn't campout on an OKW thread, and :stir:.

Rickshaw is a terrible idea. It won't bring you back to your hotel -- just a gift shop, where you can buy rickshaw-themed pins, vinlymations and pook-a-whatevers.

be on alert- they've had enough and are fighting back....

kittysgotagun.jpg

It does close earlier on occasion. And there are also the lounges, which are open late.

Well, some folks feel, room size is most important, therefore OKW is the best. I've never vacationed, at OKW, so I don't have an informed opinion. I, certainly, wouldn't campout on an OKW thread and :stir:.

Oh, wow. So now it's a bad thing that I do have informed opinions - remembering, of course, that experienced and informed aren't synonyms (despite what the etymologists may find). Walt Disney World is my hobby. I make it a point to know as much as I can.

Anyway, you all win. I'm tired of being bullied - yes, really. Attacks on me have been just that - attacks on me. I haven't made a single personal attack. Unspecified groups of people, absolutely. But you all win. KSDisneyDad, Cafeen, and a few others can continue to try to get you all to see this isn't the travesty you assume it to be. I'm defeated. Go ahead and gloat.

not unless dinner is served after 10PM....

For almost 3 months of the year, when Disney is holding their hard-ticketed parties, the MK closes at 7 four nights a week. If they hold with their original announcement of closing the monorail 1 hour after MK regular closing time, the monorail would close at 8. THAT is the problem.

Oh, wow. So now it's a bad thing that I do have informed opinions - remembering, of course, that experienced and informed aren't synonyms (despite what the etymologists may find). Walt Disney World is my hobby. I make it a point to know as much as I can.

Anyway, you all win. I'm tired of being bullied - yes, really. Attacks on me have been just that - attacks on me. I haven't made a single personal attack. Unspecified groups of people, absolutely. But you all win. KSDisneyDad, Cafeen, and a few others can continue to try to get you all to see this isn't the travesty you assume it to be. I'm defeated. Go ahead and gloat.
You mean you are really quitting? You are so close to the disboard record of having the posts on a single thread and probably being the most flamed in history that I think you should continue. Everyone is having such a good time at your expense slamming you that I think you should take up another hot topic ( e.g. pool hopping, line cutting, etc) to keep the fun going. You at least get an "A" for effort!!

not unless dinner is served after 10PM....

It could be 8pm actually... they still have not decided on the ticketed parties...and remember the Private parties (non public period!) will also result in some 7pm-8pm closures of the monorail (Ive heard those events start as early as 6pm on sometimes!

Could be a problem for a lot of dinner ressies

For almost 3 months of the year, when Disney is holding their hard-ticketed parties, the MK closes at 7 four nights a week. If they hold with their original announcement of closing the monorail 1 hour after MK regular closing time, the monorail would close at 8. THAT is the problem.
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the original announcement just about the Express Monorail when it effects the Magic Kingdom closing times. I don't actually remember seeing the Resort Monorail being listed unless we are to assume it's being included. So if my theory is correct shouldn't the Resort Monorail still be running after 8:00 PM on those party nights?

Hey wait a minute...

I actually think it's a very bad thing and will be pretty devastating to those who planned 6+ months ago around the availability of the monorail and now are having to sit and wait until the 2nd-3rd week of Sept to see how it's actually going to work...

(I just took issue with the "need MK resort ID to even look at the resort line" and "no way in heck is it maintenance since Disney has cut back everything, I mean, they even cut back on STRAWS in AK!" portions of the discussion ;)).

(Yes, the two examples in the parenthetical expression are jokes :p If you can't laugh at yourself, well then at least laugh at me! Erm... wait a sec...)

(Oh yeah, and I apparently chase people off of threads because I don't swallow every word as ultimate truth that comes from a CM. (I do recognize grains though ;))).

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the original announcement just about the Express Monorail when it effects the Magic Kingdom closing times. I don't actually remember seeing the Resort Monorail being listed unless we are to assume it's being included. So if my theory is correct shouldn't the Resort Monorail still be running after 8:00 PM on those party nights?
The original announcement was "Epcot Monorail System" and "MK Monorail System". It was assumed that resort was included in the MK Monorail system, but not clarified. This became part of the major basis for a large part of the unknown. This coupled with their indecision with event nights.

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that there was no differentiation between express and resort monorail with that announcement. Many of us have surmised that it would be odd to keep the Epcot monorail running withOUT the resort monorail running to complete the journey for Epcot folks..... but that has not been confirmed. So while it makes SENSE that the resort monorail would continue, we don't know that will be the case.

We don't stay at monorail resorts, so I guess I'm not supposed to have an opinion on the change, but since it effects our dinner plans for 3 of our 7 nights I'm not going to let where I stay stop me from speaking up. :rolleyes:
This cutback affects ALL dining, EMH, and party guests. not just monorail resort guests. It's not a minor change. IMO
The original "leaked" memo stated, the monorail would close one hour, after, regular park hours. This would include EMH and events. Also, this would be permanent. Some, CMs are saying, the monorail will run for parties, others...not sure yet.

Oh, wow. So now it's a bad thing that I do have informed opinions - .

Many of us are tired of being insulted, belittled and judged because "this cutback" affects our vacationing plans and habits. Whether, it be for convenience, disabilities, or preference...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter