Monorails to no longer operate during Evening Extra Magic Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
The original announcement was "Epcot Monorail System" and "MK Monorail System". It was assumed that resort was included in the MK Monorail system, but not clarified. This became part of the major basis for a large part of the unknown. This coupled with their indecision with event nights.

mom2rtk said:
I could be wrong, but my understanding is that there was no differentiation between express and resort monorail with that announcement. Many of us have surmised that it would be odd to keep the Epcot monorail running withOUT the resort monorail running to complete the journey for Epcot folks..... but that has not been confirmed. So while it makes SENSE that the resort monorail would continue, we don't know that will be the case.

TLSnell1981 said:
The original "leaked" memo stated, the monorail would close one hour, after, regular park hours. This would include EMH and events. Also, this would be permanent. Some, CMs are saying, the monorail will run for parties, others...not sure yet.
Well it's to bad that in the original memo WDW didn't include the words "Resort Monorail" because it would have made things a lot more clear from the begining when we first heard this news.

Well it's to bad that in the original memo WDW didn't include the words "Resort Monorail" because it would have made things a lot more clear from the begining when we first heard this news.

I guess that depends on what their intention is. We really don't know if their intention is to close the resort monorail as well.

I think this entire thing was handled very poorly. I guess we'll find out soon enough if their intention is to include the resort line or not. Then the other big piece will just be to see how they handle the parties.

Nice. But I've taken out their leader.

kitty%20dead.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I believe the words used were Magic Kingdom line and Epcot line - leading some people to believe the actual resort monorail was exempt...I don't believe so though.

Liz

It will all come out in the wash which is probably why Disney does not over react to these type of changes.

Some will be upset and therefore book a different hotel, might really get upset and go off property. Someone will take their place, might be me as I hate the monorail at closing especially after EMH and big ticket events. Its slow, it is forever getting stuck and its packed like a can of stinky sardines. A boat or bus would be a huge improvement in my opinon. It is obvious others don't agree.

But I don't think either way it is going to hurt Disney's bookings at those resorts. It will be just be different people.

And more than likely they will tweak as they go.

Just a reminder, how we got here..
Has anyone seen this yet? Found it on the WDWmagic site. Hope its not so, this would effect staying at the Monorail resorts.Monorails to no longer operate during Evening Extra Magic Hours
Jul 09, 2011

Beginning on July 11 2011, the Epcot monorail service will stop operation 1 hour after regular park closing, and from August 1 2011, the Magic Kingdom monorail will stop operation 1 hour after regular park closing. This means that in both cases, the monorail will not be able to return guests back to their resorts after evening Extra Magic Hours. Guests will instead be transported by bus and boats where available. Morning Extra Magic Hour service has not been affected. All indications are that this is a permanent change

Quote without comment. This is official from an internal source:

"From time to time, we make adjustments to our operations to accommodate for planned transportation maintenance. With that in mind, operating hours for the Epcot Monorail system will be modified to operate one hour after regular park close beginning July 11, 2011 and the Magic Kingdom Monorail system will also operate one hour after regular park close beginning August 1, 2011. At that time, watercraft (where applicable) and additional buses will be available to transport guests to their destination.
Return service from evening Extra Magic Hours in the parks will be supported by watercraft (where applicable) and bus transportation
. "

I can confirm that this is NOT temporary.

It will all come out in the wash which is probably why Disney does not over react to these type of changes.

Some will be upset and therefore book a different hotel, might really get upset and go off property. Someone will take their place, might be me as I hate the monorail at closing especially after EMH and big ticket events. Its slow, it is forever getting stuck and its packed like a can of stinky sardines. A boat or bus would be a huge improvement in my opinon. It is obvious others don't agree.

But I don't think either way it is going to hurt Disney's bookings at those resorts. It will be just be different people.

But when people are committing their dollars to a vacation, they deserve to have all of the information with which to make their decisions. If that chases some people off, then let Disney go fill the rooms with someone who has all the information and can make an informed decision.

HOw in the world is a bus an "improvement"? :confused3 Buses get very crowded, they're slow, and the type of transportation is a downgrade from the monorail, which incidentally drops you off a few feet from the resort lobby. Disney also charges a premium for these hotels because they are in fact on the monorail system.

HOw in the world is a bus and "improvement"? :confused3 Buses get very croweded, they're slow, and the type of transporation is a downgrade from the monorail, which incidentally drops you off a few feet from the resort lobby. Disney also charges a premium for these hotels because they are in fact on the monorail system.

A Bus is only an improvement over walking lol

And if you have ever been on an Epcot area resort bus that is shared between 5 resorts then you may feel that walking is an upgrade and perhaps safer. :lmao:
I think the only bus the Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Swan & Dolphin all share is the one which goes to Downtown Disney/Typhoon Lagoon.

Usually the Boardwalk, Swan & Dolphin share the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach bus.

So that means the Yacht Club and Beach Club only share buses which go to the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach.

HOw in the world is a bus an "improvement"? :confused3 Buses get very crowded, they're slow, and the type of transportation is a downgrade from the monorail, which incidentally drops you off a few feet from the resort lobby. Disney also charges a premium for these hotels because they are in fact on the monorail system.

Buses are quicker, cleaner, less people and drop me off right at my door. I never found the monorail to be that quick. The last 3 times we have taken it, it got stuck on the track which is probably why it is in dire need of maintenance.

I have never, ever had a bus break down.

Buses are quicker, cleaner, less people and drop me off right at my door. I never found the monorail to be that quick. The last 3 times we have taken it, it got stuck on the track which is probably why it is in dire need of maintenance. I have never, ever had a bus break down.

Do we know for sure yet that this will indeed improve that situation?

not unless dinner is served after 10PM....
It is closer to 11PM than 10Pm every time we leave Narcoossees,and Citrico's.
I guess Victoria and Albert's can skip there second dinner round totally because we NEVER left that restaurant before close to midnight.

The only way that I've seen the buses for a while is staring at someone's back hanging on to a rail for dear life. I see nothing good about using them.

The only way that I've seen the buses for a while is staring at someone's back hanging on to a rail for dear life. I see nothing good about using them.

see, now I have no problem with the buses. we take them all the time.. we don't have to worry about driving, we can enjoy a few adult beverages.

I think the disney bus system is a WONDERFUL thing!!

I also love the Disney boat system.. and the monorail system.

the first time we EVER went to Disney. our boys were 11 and 13. we stayed a CBR. we drove from Illinois. on arrival night, since we weren't going to a park, we thought it would be cool to take the bus to the TTC. then the monorail to the poly. hubby and I wold have a fancy drink, the boys would have a pop and a snack, and we would watch the Electrical Water Pagaent.

all modes of transportation are a nice convenience.

it's a shame that Disney is cutting back on the monorail. my opinion has nothing to d with "elitism". you pay X amount to stay at a certain resort.

we stayed at the Dolphin a couple times. thought it was great to have boat access to epcot and DHS. and possible walking, which we did do.

we stayed once at Beach club, and were THRILLED with the walking distance to epcot. and still loved the boat access to DHS>

sorry, cutting back the monorail hours is a cutback for the guests staying at a monorail resort. and I say this as someone who has no problem AT ALL, taking the bus.. heck, standing on the bus..

Where is your door?

Right next to the bus stop. I understand that some like the monorials and I understand the being upset at reduction of service, but when those of you who make fun of those of us that do like the buses, you can see why some get the impression that some you act like riding the buses is beneath your station.

And not you personally Robo, but others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter