Move to refillable toiletries

True.... but who wants to do that? Like my previous post, I can't count the times my shampoo or similar has leaked in travel. Ugh! And on a deluxe vacation, I admit I fully expect to have at least my basic needs (like hygiene needs) anticipated and catered to. :cutie:

Do you put your shampoo/conditioner etc. bottles in zip lock bags? That's what I do. I still had a bottle leak one time, but at least all I had to do was wash off the bottle and throw away the bag, so the mess wasn't too bad. I always bring extra zip lock bags with me.

Do you put your shampoo/conditioner etc. bottles in zip lock bags? That's what I do. I still had a bottle leak one time, but at least all I had to do was wash off the bottle and throw away the bag, so the mess wasn't too bad. I always bring extra zip lock bags with me.
I bring about 30 extra zip top bags with me when I fly anywhere. I think my usage may offset about 5 rooms worth of bottled goodies.

You bet your sweet Bippy I do! :rotfl: Seriously, yes, I am a bit OCD about it. But if my shampoo is leaked out, I have a lot less product for my trip, even after smooshing the shampoo filled ziplock on my head! :goodvibes

I am pretty fastidious about packing and place anything that could leak in a ziplock bag. I mean, even my hairspray! I do have a plastic lined pocket in my toiletries bag and a leak of shampoo was pretty mess in that, but it was detachable and I could rinse it out. But I lost a lot of shampoo. :sad2:

I bring about 30 extra zip top bags with me when I fly anywhere. I think my usage may offset about 5 rooms worth of bottled goodies.

You and I must be kindred spirits! :thumbsup2 You could go to any one of my suitcases right this minute, whether carry-on or pullman bag, and I have a variety of sizes of ziplock bags, at least a dozen in each bag, from snack size to sandwich size, quart, gallon, and yes! 3 gallon size!!. Lots more than that if it's a trip of more than 2-4 days! :D I find ziplocks to come in handy for SO many things!

I like to put each liquid in it's own ziplock bag and I wrap a tissue around the lid. That way, if it leaks, it'll be soaked up by the tissue first, before making a mess. I do remember someone on this board saying they double ziplock (two bags) because she had one leak (sunscreen I think) through the first bag and wrecked a few favourite outfits.

I like to put each liquid in it's own ziplock bag and I wrap a tissue around the lid. That way, if it leaks, it'll be soaked up by the tissue first, before making a mess.

That is FUNNY!!! I do the exact same thing! I even use a paper towel for this if it is a larger bottle of liquid/cream! :rotfl2:Happy to know I am not the only one that goes to such lengths. My DH makes fun of me for it.... :rolleyes:

I have (jokingly!) said I want to travel enough that I never have to buy shampoo again. I can’t decide if this makes it easier or harder. :tilt:

I have found some kindred spirits on this thread! I pack all of my liquid toiletries in ziploc bags too. I have also experienced a couple bottles leaking into the ziploc bags as well. To stop that from continuing to happen, I now scotch tape the tops of the bottles before I put them in ziploc bags. I haven't had any leakage since. I always pack a scotch tape dispenser and extra ziploc bags.

Honestly, this will work out better for me in some ways since those darn shampoo and conditioner bottles are so small. I easily need two bottles of conditioner per hair washing. Now I can use as much as I want. I will miss the little bottles of lotion, though :sad1:

I think some of you should definitely look into Lush products. It's bar shampoo and bar conditioner, so there's never any leakage. They have a shop at the Orlando airport, so you can take a look at it the next time you're there.

And the bonus is less waste since they don't have the plastic bottles. I haven't used the conditioner yet but we love the shampoo bars (and several other products like the bath bombs!!)

Hmmmm....... I agree the showers are so darn small, then adding these dispensers :sad2:

I'm not a fan of those dispensers.
I already bring my own body wash when we travel, guess I will have to start carrying my shampoo too.

I do as well...my own shampoo, conditioner, and body wash/soap. Won't bother me. Agree with the others than Disney is doing it for $$ not the environment!

I don't use those dispensers either. I remember seeing them in some hotels and I believe in our RCL and NCL cruise. I already bring small bottles of extra shampoo/conditioners/body wash in case we run out, but now I have to bring full size bottles. It's difficult enough to fit what we need to pack, this will just add to the weight.

I'd be very disappointed since it's these little things that I feel DCL provides that doesn't cheapen the experience.

I would hope that if it was about conservation, then perhaps they could place larger containers and replace them every 4 or 5 days depending on the number of people in the stateroom. I would be even fine with NEW bottles attached so that guests can't remove them and take them home...as long as it's completely replaced after each cruise.

That's definitely not going to happen. That would probably increase waste - throwing out containers that are half-full.

I haven't stayed at a Disney hotel in nearly 20 yrs, so not sure exactly what the dispenser look like or how they work. However, I have to admit that my first thought was if they put these in the ships, instead of snagging all the little bottles of shampoo and conditioner I can now bring huge bottles from home and fill them up!!:D That wouldn't be such a bad thing!! Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought that.:rolleyes1

IMO the product itself is not so great to pump and pump out product to fill a large bottle. Granted H2o is good but for me not a wow product.

Now what made these little bottles a wow product was the mickey ears caps, tinker bell on the bottle or other branding. That‘s why people, like me, hoarded.

True.... but who wants to do that? Like my previous post, I can't count the times my shampoo or similar has leaked in travel. Ugh! And on a deluxe vacation, I admit I fully expect to have at least my basic needs (like hygiene needs) anticipated and catered to. :cutie:

I always put mine in sealable plastic bags. Once in a while something will leak but at least it's contained and not all over my clothes.

Edited: Sorry, saw that you already do this.

IMO the product itself is not so great to pump and pump out product to fill a large bottle. Granted H2o is good but for me not a wow product.

Now what made these little bottles a wow product was the mickey ears caps, tinker bell on the bottle or other branding. That‘s why people, like me, hoarded.

How would anyone know that Disney would continue using H2O products anyway? That's the part everyone seems to be missing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter