• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MVMCP - Tips, Tricks, Secrets newbies should know...

hi everyone, I was wondering if its possible to pick up the tickets to the party early? we're in a group of 4 and two of us are planning on showing up later in the evening. however, since the tickets are in my name I have to be there to pick them up, correct? I was hoping to pick them up the day before. is this possible?

We're going to the party on the 14th and then spending the 15th in MK for my birthday.

We were lucky enough to grab a CG reservation during Wishes on the 15th so we'll miss MSEP as well.

Even if we didn't get the reservation, we'd probably be skipping Wishes/MSEP this trip. We have to take it easy with a 2.5 year old and 5mo old in tow. :) I'll just be excited to see the parade and fireworks at the party.

hi everyone, I was wondering if its possible to pick up the tickets to the party early? we're in a group of 4 and two of us are planning on showing up later in the evening. however, since the tickets are in my name I have to be there to pick them up, correct? I was hoping to pick them up the day before. is this possible?

You can pick them up anytime.

I am trying to plan our Honeymoon in November and was wondering if anyone had any insight on going the opening night of MVMCP? Is it going to be really crowded or probably not since it is during the week??

I am not sure how crowded the first night is but it shouldn't be too bad. It gets busier the closer to Christmas. We went last year on the 3rd or 4th night and had a blast. Congratulations on your wedding!

I am trying to plan our Honeymoon in November and was wondering if anyone had any insight on going the opening night of MVMCP? Is it going to be really crowded or probably not since it is during the week??

I have the same question since it turns out that opening night falls during the Jersey week (Most public schools from this state are out of school) and Friday is Veteran's day. It's hard to predict but I hope it's not too bad. 11/8 is also election day - so I don't know if the local schools are out? Anyone know??? There is also a party the next night 11/7 on a Wed. - I wonder if that will be a better choice?

YEP, it looks like several of the local schools are closed - again don't know how this will affect attendence.

Hey gang.
We plan on going to the party for the 1st Night this year.
Two questions:

1) We want to see the Castle Dream Lights Lighting Ceremony- is it part of the castle show or is this scheduled separately.

2) What are the characters that generate the longest lines?
I know for the MNSSHP, some even opened before 7PM, does this happen at MVMCP as well?

Planning a surprise trip for my DD7. We are celebrating my birthday Nov. 18th.
Have tix to MVMCP for that night. Plan to eat at Tony's at 5:00, then the party will begin! Will be the first time to see MK "dressed up" for Christmas:santa:! So excited

We want to see the Castle Dream Lights Lighting Ceremony- is it part of the castle show or is this scheduled separately.

The castle lighting ceremony is done before the party. According to the times guide I have from the last time I was there in December, it was at 5:45, but I don't know if that's still the time.

I just bought my tickets for the party on Nov. 11th. We're probably going to go to the one on the 13th too. Should I pre-buy those as well? Will all the Jersey crowd be gone?

I just bought my tickets for the party on Nov. 11th. We're probably going to go to the one on the 13th too. Should I pre-buy those as well? Will all the Jersey crowd be gone?

Hate to tell you this, but the Convention isn't the first week in November this year. It's the second week that our schools are closed, and the actual Convention is on Nov. 10 and 11.

Hey gang.
We plan on going to the party for the 1st Night this year.
Two questions:

1) We want to see the Castle Dream Lights Lighting Ceremony- is it part of the castle show or is this scheduled separately.

2) What are the characters that generate the longest lines?
I know for the MNSSHP, some even opened before 7PM, does this happen at MVMCP as well?

1.) I do believe this is scheduled separately. (someone correct me if I am wrong)

2.) I found last year that the longest line was for the Seven Dwarfs....I mean easily a 45-minute wait, possibly longer. This was the first thing we did when the party began.

I found last year that the longest line was for the Seven Dwarfs....I mean easily a 45-minute wait, possibly longer. This was the first thing we did when the party began.

That's what I figured.
About what time did they start letting you line up for the Dwarves?

That's what I figured.
About what time did they start letting you line up for the Dwarves?

Start lining up whenever you want. The tricky part is knowing exactly where the line will start. Ask around here before you go, ask the CMs in the area. Just know that they MIGHT not know the right answer. Since we're in the park all day on party days, we have an early dinner, then sit where the line will start and chat until 7.

Scrooge McDuck's Christmas Tree Farm area in MK Fantasyland- last year it was open during the day, not just during MVMCP.
So keep an eye out for it during a normal day so you can have your picture with Scrooge McDuck early in the day and save time during MVMCP.

Belle is out with the Beast. She is wearing her red dress.

The Princes were out with the Princesses last year during MVMCP.

Mickey and Minnie were in their Christmas finery but not together. You had to stand in seperate lines for them.

That's the only things I can think of that others haven't mentioned.

Since most of Fantasyland is closed do you thing "Scrooge McDuck's Christmas Tree Farm" will be in a new location?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter