• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MVMCP - Tips, Tricks, Secrets newbies should know...

Since most of Fantasyland is closed do you thing "Scrooge McDuck's Christmas Tree Farm" will be in a new location?

I'm afraid the information you quoted was dated.

1) Scrooge McDuck's tree stand bit the dust already last year. Not out during regular hours OR at the party. No Scrooge McDuck to meet even.

2) Mickey and Minnie were together to meet last year. Their Christmas finery wasn't very spectacular, but one was in red, one in green. I'm hoping for something more interesting this year, or even a repeat of costumes from a prior year that were more festive.

I'm afraid the information you quoted was dated.

1) Scrooge McDuck's tree stand bit the dust already last year. Not out during regular hours OR at the party. No Scrooge McDuck to meet even.

2) Mickey and Minnie were together to meet last year. Their Christmas finery wasn't very spectacular, but one was in red, one in green. I'm hoping for something more interesting this year, or even a repeat of costumes from a prior year that were more festive.

I heard Scrooge was wandering the Contemporary last year.
I would really love to get pics with him!!

I heard Scrooge was wandering the Contemporary last year.
I would really love to get pics with him!!

That would have been cool. I think they do that sort of thing closer to Christmas though. Did you hear when that was?

That would have been my guess. I think a lot of November guests are disappointed that the party does not take place during Thanksgiving week. I wondered if a lot stayed around just long enough to catch that first party after.

And love the Snow White pics in your signature!

That's exactly what we're doing. I added an extra day so we can attend on 11/27. If I could figure out at way to leave earlier from work on our arrival day 11/18 I would love to attend that party too but I don't see that happening :sad2:

I can dream about attending 2 parties, at least we will get to go to one of the parties :santa:

Hello All! We are getting very excited about our upcoming Honeymoon in November! :lovestruc I am still trying to decide if we want to go to MVMCP on Tuesday, November 8th or Wednesday, November 9th! The only obvious difference is that November 8th is the opening night. Will this make a big difference as far as crowds? Just trying to get the best experience out of our first MVMCP!

Hello All! We are getting very excited about our upcoming Honeymoon in November! :lovestruc I am still trying to decide if we want to go to MVMCP on Tuesday, November 8th or Wednesday, November 9th! The only obvious difference is that November 8th is the opening night. Will this make a big difference as far as crowds? Just trying to get the best experience out of our first MVMCP!

I'd go with Wednesday if I were you. My understand is that the first night is always more crowded. :santa:

I have read that in previous years the holiday Wishes fireworks and the special parade that usually are only during the Christmas party, are shown during the week before Christmas during regular hours. We will be there Dec. 16gth until Dec 22nd. Does anyone know if this will be the case this year, or should I pland on buying tix for the official party? Thanks for the advice and info. I love these forums!! :flower3:

I have read that in previous years the holiday Wishes fireworks and the special parade that usually are only during the Christmas party, are shown during the week before Christmas during regular hours. We will be there Dec. 16gth until Dec 22nd. Does anyone know if this will be the case this year, or should I pland on buying tix for the official party? Thanks for the advice and info. I love these forums!! :flower3:

The last party is on the 18th, so they will start Holiday Wishes and the Christmas parade during regular park hours on the 19th.

Great tips. I am going on the 6th and plan on being in Magic Kingdom that day and ride all the rides, then do the party that night, but just do all the Xmas stuff :santa:

me too:)...this will be my first trip to wdw and im probably going to do MVMCP by myself that night which sux but Im looking forward to the party:goodvibes

We have a total of 17 people in our group going on Nov 8th.
Last year we did not enjoy it due to the weather being so cold you could see your breath. It was in the low 30's that night. Brrr it was the first week of December. So hopefully this time will be better.

We have been to the opening night party twice and never found it to be too crowded. We always got a great spot for viewing the parade and the wait time for the rides was nothing. The longest wait we had was for getting our picture with the 7 dwarves but that was totally worth it. We are attending the Nov 13 party this yr and can't wait.

We have a total of 17 people in our group going on Nov 8th.
Last year we did not enjoy it due to the weather being so cold you could see your breath. It was in the low 30's that night. Brrr it was the first week of December. So hopefully this time will be better.

We were there last year the same week! I agree it was freezing! Had to keep doing laundry because we were dressed in layers everyday!!

The last party is on the 18th, so they will start Holiday Wishes and the Christmas parade during regular park hours on the 19th.

Just what I needed to know. Now I just have to decide if we want to do that MK on Mon Dec 19 with extra magic hours or go ahead and buy the party for Fri (our arrival day) or Sunday instead. I imagine those are crowded parties being the last 2 and on the weekend before Christmas. Decisions, decisions, lol!!

Just what I needed to know. Now I just have to decide if we want to do that MK on Mon Dec 19 with extra magic hours or go ahead and buy the party for Fri (our arrival day) or Sunday instead. I imagine those are crowded parties being the last 2 and on the weekend before Christmas. Decisions, decisions, lol!!

They will almost certainly sell out those last 2 parties, maybe even a couple more that week.

That's what I figured.
About what time did they start letting you line up for the Dwarves?

DH and I found out that a great time to get in line for the Dwarves is after the fireworks. It was only about a 25 minute wait including the Dwarves taking a break. This was the party on December 14 of last year.

DH and I found out that a great time to get in line for the Dwarves is after the fireworks. It was only about a 25 minute wait including the Dwarves taking a break. This was the party on December 14 of last year.

If you lined up for the dwarves after the fireworks on Dec 14th, then you need a medal!

It was BITTER cold that night and many of the folks who attended didn't even last that long. That might have contributed in part to the short-ish wait too.

We saw the fireworks, then stayed for the second parade and left around 11. We were wearing thermal underwear, TONS of layers and had chemical hand and footwarmers. But we were still popsicles.

We started the Dwarf line that night and were done by about 7:05.

We got tickets, but cannot find much information on DisBoards concerning changes to the party since Fantasyland closed. We need a thread just for those planning for 2011 as I am sure there are many questions. Does anybody know if Fantasyland or parts of Fantasyland were closed for the 2010 MVMCP's?

We got tickets, but cannot find much information on DisBoards concerning changes to the party since Fantasyland closed. We need a thread just for those planning for 2011 as I am sure there are many questions. Does anybody know if Fantasyland or parts of Fantasyland were closed for the 2010 MVMCP's?

You won't until far closer to the party. They just leaked out some info on the Halloween party today. Sometimes there's nothing until the first party.

Fantasyland was open in 2010, but the construction walls were up. Toontown was open too. But that didn't stop them from eliminating a few things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter