My little girl is going to be nameless!

I agree with what people are saying about yelling the first and middle names before you decide. I would also add, that since this is your second child, I would yell the names you are considering with your older child's name...chances are you will be saying both kids names together frequently.

We have 2 girls and our short list included

addison
maya
aviva
madison
jadeyn
bailey

I have an Annika. It is pronounced Ahhnika. We thought about spelling it more like it sounds, but this is so much prettier.

Don't worry. Your child will not be nameless! You will pick a gorgeous name and you will both love it. I am a mother infant nurse, and no baby goes home without a name. Have you gone through name books together?

Well,

We have it narrowed down to 7 names and I think it will stay that way for a bit. We only have a middle name for one.

We chose:

Natalie Marie
Paige
Sydney
Mia
Kendall
Hailey
Caylee

Kristine

Mia & Hailey are a bit trendy right now. I know several Mias & Haileys. Of all the names on your list, Paige is probably the least popular (in a good way) right now.

I know you have your list but I love Ainsley, Beatrix & Kivrin.

My husband and I couldn't agree on a name for our second daughter until 2 days before she was born. At that point, he finally gave in and let me name her. We had no problems naming our first daughter, we had her first name picked out before the big ultrasound, and her middle name picked out shortly after.

Our older daughter is Brinlee Addisyn. Her middle name is after my grandfather's middle name, but we changed the spelling. The -lee at the end of her first name is my sister's middle name.

Our younger daughter is Isabel Reese. My grandma's middle name is Belle, and I adore the nickname Izzie. My husband actually hated Isabel and said no, no, no... but finally gave up when I wouldn't agree to anything else. Reese, just a name I liked and knew he liked a lot.

We didn't have any other first name options for Brinlee.

With Isabel, other names we through around her were Harper (she was going to be Harper for about 2 weeks, then I changed my mind) and Aubrey. Aubrey Sophia and Aubrey Grace were my options. After a few weeks I changed my mind again.

I also liked Amelia, Ava, Chloe, Eliana, Hadley, Kennedy, Mara, Mattea, and Tatum... but the hubster shot all of those down.

His only suggestions were Katelyn- no thank you, Ryan- that's a boy name, and Taylor- again, boy name.

He really liked Aubrey, and was sad when I decided I couldn't picture myself with an Aubrey.

Good luck to all of you who are trying to make a name decision!

My daughter's name is Helen Marie...I love the fact that I don't know any other children with her first name (a lot of senior citizens though:)) and I also like the name Camille with the nickname Cami. Have fun picking names, I went into the delivery room with my second and we had the girl name picked out but we couldn't think of a good boy's name, good thing she was a girl!!

I haven't read all the suggestions, so forgive me if this has been mentioned. If my DH would agree to another baby and it was a girl, I'd name her McKenna. I have a Haley and a Hannah...I swear neither name was popular when they were born, but there are quite a few of each in my DDs schools.

If we had a girl it would have been "Noel".

I have a daughter, Noelle. We call her Elle for short.

I wanted to name my fourth Fiona if it was a girl but my youngest daughter piped in with, "And if it's a boy we can name it Shrek!" So Fiona was crossed off the list but I still love it.

He really liked Aubrey, and was sad when I decided I couldn't picture myself with an Aubrey.

When my eldest son told us they were going to name my first grandaughter Aubriee, I absolutely hated it. However, now no other name would fit her. Even she loves her name and how it is spelled. My younger son and D-I-L were going to name their first child Logan, no matter if it was a boy or girl:rotfl:. He was either going to be a Logan Cole or a Logan Nicole.:rotfl:

A girl I went to high school with named her daughter Emerson Grace...love it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter