My little girl is going to be nameless!

We're trying to pick a boy's name now, and we are likely going to have Connor (haha - how's that working for you :) ). We also want a girl's name for a backup (just in case) but we can't come up with anything. DH and I have a lot of requirements - we have a VERY plain last name. Not quite "doe" but you can imagine. And it starts with S, one syllable. So... first name has to have two syllables minimum, has to be unique without being weird, can't end in "s", and can't begin with the letter "a" due to potential initials for abbreviations (a_s). We named our daughter Lindsay with my maiden name as her middle name. Turns out there are two other Lindsay's in her grade. ugh.

We can only come up with Keegan for a girl's name and neither of us is sold on it. I also like Elisabeth, but haven't posed that one to DH.

Ah well... maybe when we meet him/her we'll know, right?

Good Luck!

Both my daughter's names mean "beloved." :lovestruc
(Kara is my first daughter, which has it's own issues such as "Tara?" "Karen?" "Carol?")

Also, we had decided on Kristina for our second child (if it turned out to be a girl) but when she was born, she DID NOT look like a Kristina!

We ended up naming her Amy, which is a family name from my greatgrandmother's generation.

I've got to say...I love the names on your list. But that could be because we have 2 girls...Kendall and Averie.

Some other names we considered:
Addison
Madelyn
Delaney

I haven't read through the whole list but my favorite name for a girl is an odd one but I'll throw it out there anyway!
Moxie
Say it again Moxie Marie
It means - The ability to face difficulty with spirit and courage and I love it!
If I ever adopt a girl or get brave enough to have another child and she should be a girl she will be Moxie!

Just figured I'd throw it out there. Now I'm gonna read this thread. My baby boy's name is Ryder so I do tend to like unique names.

I will add that when we didn't know what we were having, Moxie wasn't on our list. Ryder would have been Molly Frances after my Grammie Mary Frances. Other names for girls were Grace Frances, Atalie Rose, Lily Grace, Kensey Frances, Trella Rose (Trella is a Surname) and Magdalene Frances. When we found out we were have a boy, it was much easier because we knew we were sticking with DH's initials.

If this baby had been a girl, they would have been Cassidy.

Im rather fond of Riley Elizabeth, ;) thats my princesses name. But what about Kendra? It is simular to Kendall. A PP also said Olivia Grace which was our second choice and should we have a another girl we will go in that direction.

My DD's are
Ciera Roxanne
Briana Rose. Pronounced ana not anna

My Name is Bridget

I also like
Abigail
Makayla (future DN name)
Mackenzie
Katelyn

I have a sister named Skye and another one Amy Victoria

there are so many very pretty girl names it is hard to choose. DH and oldest DD picked Briana Rose.

I heard a lady call in on a local radio station here that was a nurse in a nursery of a hospital and she said a lady named her daughter "La-a" Pronounced "Ladasha"... ha ha! :D

We named our daughters Jasmine and Jessamy. They are now 17 and 13 and really like their names. They like having names that not everyone else has.

:scared1:That's HORRIBLE!!!

that is terrible!!:scared1: :lmao:

well, I suppose I'll throw a couple names into the mix....
Samantha Rae (my name...and I love it! :goodvibes)
and Catherine Grace. traditional and very cute!

whatever name you choose will be perfect! :thumbsup2

we had such trouble picking out DDs name...its was finally btwn Kayleigh or Kyleigh with the middle name Lyn. We picked Kyleigh (since we have a niece with the KA type name) Well DD's name is now Kyleigh Rose. I love her name so much!
I like the name Kendall tho very pretty!

What about Danica or Valerie??I have a Danica but those were the names we were debating on..

wanted to add...

rainee (so many different ways to spell it)... short for Lorraine
(Rainee Jane)

My daughter's name is Melissa Nicole. I have been teaching for 15 years and I have only had one Melissa and she was a sweetheart. I have boys that are 8 and 10 and there are no Melissa's in their grades either.

As a teacher and mother of four, these are the trends I see among my students and in my kids' classes. "Unique" names such as Ava, Eva, Makenzie, Cameron, Olivia, Isabelle... have become pretty normal and used a lot. Another huge trend are names that are not gender specific or have become not so gender specific such as Ryan, Reagan, Jayden, Parker, Peyton, Avery... So, if you are trying to be unique, you may want to steer clear of those trends.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter