• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Natural Products Expo Cancelled

I missed this while looking through my app yesterday (but I did only glance since I noticed my latest dash offer wants me to get something I'm allergic to).

Extra note about still honoring the discount: customer still has to bring in their personal cup to show they have one if it was allowed to be used or specifically request "for here" ware.

Cash is extremely dirty. I have always hated cash and only grudgingly carry any for emergencies because my mother makes me (and she's right, I have sometimes needed it). When I worked at WinCo many years ago as a cashier I had people who would hand me cash they had just been holding in their mouth. So disgusting.

Sadly a business going cashless/contactless as a requirement for payment would unfortunately be classified as discrimination. But it would close a possible contamination point if they could.

Ideally the one handling the money will only touch the cash with one hand, the register with another, and then use hand sanitizer after putting the cash away. That way any possible germs do not spread beyond the inside of the cash register. However, as mentioned, as long as the cashier's hands get sanitized or washed before moving elsewhere in the store, possible germs will stay at the register. Although this does still offer a potential contamination point for customers getting change.

Basically: one should pay by app if one can. It helps everyone doing the least amount of contact as possible. I would also say this applies in Disneyland too. Do NFC payments and mobile order payments wherever possible.
There are many businesses that have gone cashless, mostly restaurants, but they are around and it has been seemed legal.

Since we’re getting all technical, I should point out that Samsung’s system isn’t NFC. As you point out, they are using a different tech to generate the magnetic signal to send the card information to the magnetic strip reader of normal machines.
You do realize your phone has more germs than any money or anything else you ever touch? They are quite literally dirtier than toilets.

There are many businesses that have gone cashless, mostly restaurants, but they are around and it has been seemed legal.

They're at risk for a lawsuit then. Some places in SF tried to do this and they've gotten a ton of flack and legal pushback. It's considered discriminatory to those who may only have cash (no bank account, no credit card, etc). Whether it will continue as is remains to be seen. I would personally like to go fully cashless with our society. Cash is gross.

EDIT: ah, yeah. Illegal in SF and a few other cities due to lawsuits brought up against businesses that did go cashless. So it is a risk for any establishment in cities that do not currently ban it and a definite no no in the ones that do.

You do realize your phone has more germs than any money or anything else you ever touch? They are quite literally dirtier than toilets.

The post you quoted was only talking about how Samsung Pay works and not about the sanitation level of phones so I don't understand why this is the post you chose to quote. Several of us have mentioned using a phone as a way to minimize contact with others. The point is that only you are using your phone. Not others. Therefore less likely to spread germs. NFC payments and other contactless payments are just that: contactless.

If you want really gross, look at the study done on BART trains before they started getting rid of the cloth seats. The amount of fecal matter found on those still keeps me standing even long after they've been gone.

Last edited:
I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about WonderCon cancelling. It's a little more than a month away.

I ran into Costco yesterday morning for a couple items, and it was pure insanity. They were limiting customers to two cases of water each and strictly enforcing this at checkout. The toilet paper, paper towel, and tissue area was absolutely decimated. I’m not sure if they were limiting Clorox wipes, but most carts had one package. I was grateful for the self-checkout lines as I’ve never seen such craziness even during the holidays. If you are in need of these items it might be a good idea to purchase before hysteria reaches across the nation.

My sister lives in NYC and works in Manhattan. With the new cases over there, she can’t find hand sanitizer anywhere for her trip out here next week.

Fear. I believe its the fears of being quarantined for a period of time, water supply issues due to people in charge of it getting sick, some people just hate tapwater or have bad quality tapwater and prefer to stock up on bottled water. Some part of it is… Other people are doing it so I better do it too. Gotta get it before everyone else does.

Haha I don’t understand the toilet paper either - I buy one big thing of it at Costco and it lasts me months - not sure what people plan to do with all that toilet paper if they are quarantined for 14 days!!! Now paper towels and Lysol wipes maybe I can understand!

I don’t understand why people are stocking up on water, can someone explain that?
FEMA has been recommending basic preparedness for emergencies and possible shutdowns. It’s the same listing that’s posted during hurricane season.

1 gallon of water per day per person - my DD did this in FL to prep for Irma and power was out to the region for 5 days...she ended up going and staying at a Disney Resort after the 2nd day of no power.

FEMA has been recommending basic preparedness for emergencies and possible shutdowns. It’s the same listing that’s posted during hurricane season.

1 gallon of water per day per person - my DD did this in FL to prep for Irma and power was out to the region for 5 days...she ended up going and staying at a Disney Resort after the 2nd day of no power.

I can see that for a weather related risk - however people getting sick is not going to cause a power outage. So that is confusing.

I can see that for a weather related risk - however people getting sick is not going to cause a power outage. So that is confusing.
I think it’s just in case water processing plants need to shutdown in case of lack of staffing...would be a remote chance. Also WHO is recommending the same list of supplies.

I had already overhauled my earthquake prep late last year so it was nice not needing to stock up...but toilet paper wasn’t one of them, I just figured I’d do it the old fashioned way - a cup of water and your left hand (much more common outside of the US, tp is still a luxury item in my mind, hah)

Statement from Disney on coronavirus.

Disney Parks and Resorts Questions about Coronavirus/COVID-19
A Message about Coronavirus/COVID-19 from Chief Medical Officer Dr. Pamela Hymel

As you may know from the news, COVID-19, commonly known as novel coronavirus 2019, has become a more widespread concern. As part of our commitment to the health and well-being of our cast, guests and the larger community, we are carefully monitoring the evolving coronavirus situation and are in regular contact with health agencies for information and guidance. Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort, are welcoming guests as usual and we continue to implement preventive measures in line with the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other health agencies.

Walt Disney World, Disneyland and all of our parks and resorts around the world have high standards of cleanliness, which assists with illness prevention, and we have health and safety protocols in place, such as:
  • Training for cast members, with ongoing reinforcement on a regular basis
  • Defined cycles for frequent cleaning and disinfection of targeted areas
  • Easy access to handwashing facilities and hand sanitizers
  • Quick response to spills, trash and other situations
  • End of day sanitation procedures for restroom, kitchen, and other facilities
  • Frequent cleaning and “wash down” of outdoor locations, including walkways and queues
Additionally, our onsite health teams and leaders are communicating with our cast members about illness prevention, including the guidance of the CDC. The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help stop the spread of germs, such as staying home when sick, washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, following proper respiratory cough etiquette, avoiding close contact with people who are sick and avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.

The CDC provides more detailed coronavirus information on its website and as always, your personal physician is a valuable resource for specific medical questions you may have. If you have any questions about visiting Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland Resort, please call 407-WDisney.

Please visit Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort to learn more about our health and safety measures for the coronavirus.

Thank you,
Dr. Pamela Hymel
Chief Medical Officer
Disney Parks, Experiences and Products

If Disney is so concerned about health protocols then the first order of business should be removing the air hand dryers they have recently installed DIRECTLY ABOVE THE SINKS in the Adventureland bathroom. :eek: OMG, my face was literally being blasted by germy air and water droplets from other people's hands who were using the dryers while I was at the sink just trying to wash, as there is no other option. This used to be one of my "go-to" restrooms but not anymore.

If Disney is so concerned about health protocols then the first order of business should be removing the air hand dryers they have recently installed DIRECTLY ABOVE THE SINKS in the Adventureland bathroom. :eek: OMG, my face was literally being blasted by germy air and water droplets from other people's hands who were using the dryers while I was at the sink just trying to wash, as there is no other option. This used to be one of my "go-to" restrooms but not anymore.
I think that all air hand dryers should go away everywhere period.

This used to be my go-to restroom too - so many stalls on the left side, but I hate the newer air hand dryers. Just FYI, there is still one paper towel dispenser, near the baby changing table.

This used to be my go-to restroom too - so many stalls on the left side, but I hate the newer air hand dryers. Just FYI, there is still one paper towel dispenser, near the baby changing table.

Yes, I did use that paper towel dispenser to dry my own hands, but that doesn't help the main issue which is other people using the hand dryers while you're at the sink. I'm pretty short too so the air and droplets blowing in my face were a direct hit! :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter