NAUGHTY NOTHINGS -- New members welcome! (I want to start a really long thread....) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Tricia. You are right about getting up with the chickens. I would love to sleep til about 730 or 8.......to me that would be just about perfect. Getting up at 5 feels like getting up in the middle of the night!

On the bright side though, the house is quiet, I have had my shower, paid my bills, and balanced my checkbook:lmao:

A lot sure can be accomplished before the sun comes up.
3.gif

The end of my street is a culdesac. The lot in the middle has been left empty....well it is more than a lot, it is about 3 acres of Live Oak trees. That area is lower than the other lots so all of last weeks rain has collected there and will take many many days to completely drain. The mosquitos are probably going to be really horrible in a few days becasue of all that standing water, but the frogs are loving it. They were really loud yesterday when I went to the mailbox.;)

I haven't seen that...I started to rent it but decided on something else instead. I watched One Night with the King...I thought it was kinda cheesy.:rolleyes:

Heather I can so relate to both the frogs and the mosquitos. I guess with us just being one state apart we really do have the same weather and pesky problems.

Nobody that I knew. I recognized one face but now I can't remember where I have seen him before. I watched the Fantastic Four the other day also and surprising liked it....although for once I thought the sequel was better.

We are going to tackle the garage again today. Fun, fun, fun coming at me today. My new toys do look good in their. I talked DH into painting the garage once all the old crapola goes bye bye. Bye the way it's not our stuff that's in the garage. It's BIL & SIL's. The bought a new house around the corner from us, so today it all gets a new home. :banana:

Heather I can so relate to both the frogs and the mosquitos. I guess with us just being one state apart we really do have the same weather and pesky problems.

I think we are only about 7 hours apart...maybe 8. It is the mosquitos that bother me the most...I was going to say bug me:lmao:

You didn't get to move it on the fourth? My sister moved last June and we helped. It was so so hot!! I moved at the end of March 2006 and it was already heating up. Fall, winter, and spring so not last long enough around here. We have considered moving , but here is where we can make the best living. My inlaws want us to move to Kansas City....I say over my dead body:rotfl2:

You didn't get to move it on the fourth? My sister moved last June and we helped. It was so so hot!! I moved at the end of March 2006 and it was already heating up. Fall, winter, and spring so not last long enough around here. We have considered moving , but here is where we can make the best living. My inlaws want us to move to Kansas City....I say over my dead body:rotfl2:

Some. You see we bought their house right after Hurricane Katrina. My BIL was moving before the storm. This house was for sale, we lost our house so we buy this one. They had little storage where they were going and basically we had nothing at all. Anyway fast forward to they are back and we still have their stuff. Today it goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:teeth:

I so feel for you about the whole Katrina thing. We had to evacuate when Rita was coming this way. We were told our house would most likely be flooded. My husband is an RN so he had to stay at the hospital where he works and I had to take the kids and leave. We had to drive all the way to San Angelo Texas......it was the only place with a room. My mom came with me. She loaded her car and I loaded mine. I took a bunch of clothes and my pictures and had to keep telling myself the rest is just stuff. I had to be strong for the kids but it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. :hug:

How did you make out for Rita? We had evacuated to a little town called Pecan Island after the storm. SIL's family was there and they had several hunting camps that we were able to stay in. We were there about three weeks. I put the kids in school. Anyway that town was totally wiped out from Rita. Here these people opened their doors for us and then they get what we got three weeks later. We couldn't even take them in because we had nothing to offer . That god 2005 is over. I hope I never have to deal with a year like that again. EVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter