NAUGHTY NOTHINGS -- New members welcome! (I want to start a really long thread....) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Kendall's temp is still 99 so no school again today for her. I emailed the Teacher so hopefully she'll get it soon and I can pick up her school work. Kendall was just telling Colin how it's not fun staying home from school because you can't do anything. :laughing: She said I can't go out side to play, none of my friends are home..........it's so boring. I guess it won't be so boring when the school books arrive. :confused3

Hey, ya'll! Seems I am a bit late to the party this morning. Let me slip on my nurse's cap (they are so pointy and stylish, you know;) ) and think about this fever. Generally, fever of 99 in the morning is fever and fever of 99 in the afternoon is not. So, I'd say keep her home if she has even just 99 in the morning - chances are it will rise in the afternoon. Also, I'm not a big fan of treating fevers under 103 for kids - fever is really helpful in killing the bug and if you interfere with it, you'll lose ground to the bug. Rest, fluids, that sort of thing.

As for the question about picking up something when you have a fever - generally not because the fact that you're experiencing the fever means your immune system is in high gear and will kill anything that tries to invade. But, when the fever dies down and the symptoms begin to go away, you are at a greater risk to catch something because your immune system is a slight bit weakened from having to defend itself. Immunology 101;) , the educational thread strikes again. No charge, Judi!

You know, I don't know what the kids from that swim team will do. I actually wouldn't recommend them coming to us because while I love our coach, he's not the best at handling the kids emotional needs (e.g. nerves, self-doubt) and I don't know how he'd do with grief. And, that team was newly formed this summer from kids defecting from the other team here in town and it was kind of an ugly situation. I think they might feel they have burned their bridges with the team they left. I just hope they can find a coach that they can all agree on, but it'll be a challenge to be sure.

See ya'll later! Tricia, I hope Kelsie feels better!

Good morning! We have freezing rain again so I'm stuck at home again. I can't believe I'm saying it, but I wish it would snow.

Tricia, hope Kendall is feeling better!

Wilma, thanks for the fever lesson. I really learned something today.

5.gif

Afternoon Drive-Bye

Thanks for the info Mrs. FoP. Knew we could count on you:thumbsup2

Hey nothings, bet she wipes a mean nose too;)

Judi

Can someone finish my Christmas shopping for me? Tricia??

Jeni, can you send me some Indian River oranges. The ones in the grocery store here are like plastic. Icky.

Judi, how's mom doing today? Is there anything exciting going on in Cadillac for New Years?

Did I mention I gave up soda pop last week, I'm having withdrawl baaaaaaad.

Wilma, so are you on Richmond's tacky christmas light tour?

Darn 40 second rule. I'm stuck at home and I'm bored. The floors are clean, I even scrubbed the toilets.

Just so you nothings know, it is so dry here I'm turning into a raisin. A big plump, wrinkly raisin. I drink lots of water, moisturize, have the humidifier running on high, what else can I do? Wilma, do they make a prescription moisturizer that would be better? My hands and legs are the worst.

Here's a story
of a wrinkled raisin
who was slathering on lotion everyday
it didn't help so why bother
then she shriveled up and blew away.

Can someone finish my Christmas shopping for me? Tricia??

Just when I thought I was finished with my shopping I realized I didn't buy anything for the kids Catechism Teachers. There's another four gifts and last night Kelsie asked when we would go shopping for her friends. So I'm am not finished after all. :eek:

Kendall is doing better. I think the fever is gone. Around 9:00 this morning she got all clamy and starting sweating. Since then she's had no temp. She just took it again about five minutes ago and it's normal. :yay:

Wilma thanks for the fever lesson. I too learned a few things.

Hi Tricia

Becca, thanks so much for the Becca show today. I was:lmao: :rotfl: .

My computer is sluggish as I am trying to download MP11. once I'm finished with it what do I do with it.:confused3

More snow anyone. I gots lots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judi

Oh my heavens! Look what happens when we leave Becca alone!:lmao: Becca - have you tried the Neutrogena Norweigan formula yet? It's working for me. There is always cocoa butter too - it's greasier but it adds a lot of emollients to the skin. I don't want you to shrivel up and blow away - who would entertain us around here???

Sounds gross, but you could try not showering so much in the winter. Just wash those areas that really need it (if you know what I mean:rolleyes: ) and just moisturizing the rest. Are you using a moisturizing soap like Dove? That might help for when you do wash.

Yes, Judi - I can wipe one mean nose. Green ones are my speciality.:laughing: Can you send some of your extra snow here? It's 70 degrees!:confused3 I thought this was December!

Tricia - glad Kendall's fever broke. There is a virus running around here that produces 7-8 days of fever:eek: . Hope she's all better by tomorrow!

Tricia, I keep finding people I forgot too. I've got most of the main people done. I just keep thinking of new ones.

Wilma, I have tried them all. The Key West Aloe green tea moisturizer is doing about the best. Not shower? Good thing the computer doesn't have smelling powers.

Judi, I NEED the snow too. I'll ship you some ice for your Jose. We are now having our 5th season, mud. The rain/sleet has melted what little snow we had.

If you were a cookie what kind would you be?

I think I would be a snickerdoodle, because I like the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter