NBA at Walt Disney World

I’d trade 1 of the Giants recent SB titles, and 2 of the Yankees World Series titles for 1 Rangers cup, and 1 Knicks title.

I actually spent a lot of time with Colorado Rockies players when I lived out in Denver working at the bars downtown. Some Bronco’s players as well.

(I see you edited the part about me not having spent a lot of time around pro athletes and now this above sentence makes me sound like a bragger)

But you need 100% compliance in this situation. You cant have individuals breaking quarantine to go out and party. It doesn’t matter what the 48 homebody’s do when 4 players that cant go without going to the club for 3 months are doing what they’re not supposed to be doing. If you think all 2,000 NFL players/personnel/coaches etc. are going to be on their best behavior without a strict bubble, then you’re being a little naive.

Just 1 player with urges could potentially ruin it all.
I removed the part about spending time around pro athletes (before I saw you replied) because I thought it came off rather unfair and personal. (Partly because I having a lot of experience in this arena and also because I thought it was an unnecessary comment that could come across in a way not intended.) But since I neither claimed that all players would be on best behavior, nor am naive, I'll leave it at that so as to avoid being getting in trouble with the mods.

I’d trade 1 of the Giants recent SB titles, and 2 of the Yankees World Series titles for 1 Rangers cup, and 1 Knicks title.
Ha. In a less potentially tense disagreement, no way am I giving up either of the Giants' SB titles. Two Patriots losses needs to stay. I might be willing to trade one of the Yankees' titles for a Knicks championship, however.

I removed the part about spending time around pro athletes (before I saw you replied) because I thought it came off rather unfair and personal. (Partly because I having a lot of experience in this arena and also because I thought it was an unnecessary comment that could come across in a way not intended.) But since I neither claimed that all players would be on best behavior, nor am naive, I'll leave it at that so as to avoid being getting in trouble with the mods.

If thats what you’re claiming, then you agree with me. I never said that every athlete has these urges, but it doesn’t matter if its 1% of the league that does, or 100%, in a non bubble scenario theres no wiggle room. It’s all or nothing. And seeing as the NBA was cooking up the bubble idea for 2 months before coming to a full agreement between the Owners, the Players, Disney and whoever else was involved, its going to be just as tough, if not tougher to get a bubble deal done in the next month for the NFL.

NFL would never do a bubble season. MLB would have if they didn’t have other disputes with the owners and how much they would get paid.

NFL just have more chaotic personalities. How many football players have been caught having party’s during quarantine? Elliot and Prescott had a huge house party in April right in the middle of things really getting bad and had no remorse. You’d have a “Magic City Wings” story out of the NFL like every night in a bubble.

There’s also no city that they could go to where there would be enough football stadiums to accommodate them. I can’t imagine the NFLPA allowing the league to have their players in High School fields. The College fields will be used by those teams. It just wouldnt work. I dont see the NFL season happening. And personally I think if theres no NFL season, people that have been pro-stay at home/quarantine will question why its being done. Football fans are crazy. You take it away from them for an entire season? It’ll get nasty

You can’t say footballs fans are crazy when people are flying to COVID capital to get a dole whip

Cards/Brewers are playing tomorrow, and 2 games on Sunday.

Marlins will make their games up in August now that the 7 inning double headers are approved.

With the NFL, you’re talking 2,500 moving pieces. That’s a lot of kids to babysit in a bubble. I just don’t think players would approve a bubble. NBA, NHL, MLB are pretty much every day sports. For the most part the NFL you have 6 days off a week. Who wants to be in charge of making sure the NFL players aren’t sneaking out of the bubble on off days?

So at what point does the game not become the game anymore? Runner on second, 7 innings...whats next? 2 outs per inning? Foul on strike 3 is an out? They are grasping at straws for whats essentially an exhibition season to begin with. Its clear they could care less if the players get sick,die or infect others...too much money at stake. Manfried has been terrible.

So at what point does the game not become the game anymore? Runner on second, 7 innings...whats next? 2 outs per inning? Foul on strike 3 is an out? They are grasping at straws for whats essentially an exhibition season to begin with. Its clear they could care less if the players get sick,die or infect others...too much money at stake. Manfried has been terrible.
Not the thread to discuss baseball itself. Conversion on prospective bubble format is fine.

If Disney were trying to advertise their parks and wanting people to come down and visit, the NBA games on ESPN/ABC would be the time to do it, especially given they’re playing on Disney property. I havent seen a single Disney Parks commercial or advertisement tonight. Usually when theyre hurting for guests, they always air ad’s during NBA games on their channels

If Disney were trying to advertise their parks and wanting people to come down and visit, the NBA games on ESPN/ABC would be the time to do it, especially given they’re playing on Disney property. I havent seen a single Disney Parks commercial or advertisement tonight. Usually when theyre hurting for guests, they always air ad’s during NBA games on their channels
I haven’t seen a single Disney commercial in months here in Tampa. Usually we get them almost every other commercial break on almost every channel. Universal just started commercials a couple weeks ago (the come back to UO campaign) but even those have died off significantly this week.

Yep. The one location bubble life is proving to be the best route for professional sports teams. Definitely a slightly smaller mountain to climb with NBA and MLS teams as the team and staff size is less than MLB or NFL.

Couldn’t imagine what size of a location would be needed to facilitate an entire league of most professional sports. Would be something closer representing an Olympics type situation.

Racing, both nascar and indycar have been doing just fine. They've had one positive and within a week he had the two negatives. I haven't heard about any others testing. It again is about the people involved being responsible just as much as the bubble. There's plenty of MLB teams were there's been no issue so hopefully a few bad decisions don't ruin it for everyone. But the single bubbles just are feasible for an entire season of any sport.

Racing, both nascar and indycar have been doing just fine. They've had one positive and within a week he had the two negatives. I haven't heard about any others testing. It again is about the people involved being responsible just as much as the bubble. There's plenty of MLB teams were there's been no issue so hopefully a few bad decisions don't ruin it for everyone. But the single bubbles just are feasible for an entire season of any sport.

Its probably more of a coincidence, but you’re not seeing much of a covid presence in the teams that have an open window to win right now. The Yankees had 3 cases, but those were from before they opened Summer Camp. The Dodgers I dont believe have had any active cases. Twins, Astros, Braves as well. I know the Yankees are taking it very seriously and none of their main roster players seem like they’re going to opt out.

Racing, like golf, can afford to lose any one competitor...or even a few...but leagues like baseball and football and basketball, can't just have teams fall out.

Racing also has the advantage, like golf, of almost never interacting with any competitor or teammate (other than those who would be "out" with you if you got sick, like your mechanics or caddy)...

Tennis also can probably get away with no bubbles...

Individual sports can avoid bubbles...but team ones need a bubble or the whole house of cards falls...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter