Nemesis Challenge:It's OK to Finish Next-To-Last, As Long As I Beat HIM/ Its Here!!!!

I hope the TR title can be 'Team Tim finishes in 2 hours flat and whips Team Barry's butt!' pirate:

Is anyone else starting to get the feeling that this whole breaking bones thing is just a bit of gamesmanship on Tim's part and really just a big rouse in an attempt to let Barry get complacent? :stir: :rotfl::lmao:

Is anyone else starting to get the feeling that this whole breaking bones thing is just a bit of gamesmanship on Tim's part and really just a big rouse in an attempt to let Barry get complacent? :stir: :rotfl::lmao:

I wish it was. :sad1:

I haven't run in 2 weeks and I rode the bike at the gym for 45 minutes. I am contemplating a short run on Monday like 2 miles to see how the legs feel. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not. Maybe I'll try the elliptical at the gym.... it would be a lot less impact on the ankles/shins. :rolleyes:

I haven't run in 2 weeks and I rode the bike at the gym for 45 minutes. I am contemplating a short run on Monday like 2 miles to see how the legs feel. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not. Maybe I'll try the elliptical at the gym.... it would be a lot less impact on the ankles/shins. :rolleyes:

I'd go for the elliptical. Running 2 miles isn't going to do anything to prepare you for 13 miles anyway, and there's no point irritating the injury before the half if you don't have to.:confused3

I'd go for the elliptical. Running 2 miles isn't going to do anything to prepare you for 13 miles anyway, and there's no point irritating the injury before the half if you don't have to.:confused3

Is it weird that I'm curious of how much pain I'll be in a) while running and b) after running? :confused3

I guess I need to work on a playlist for my phone tonight. I've been using pandora but there have been some slow paced songs mixed in and I really need music to keep me pumped. :hyper:

Is it weird that I'm curious of how much pain I'll be in a) while running and b) after running? :confused3

I guess I need to work on a playlist for my phone tonight. I've been using pandora but there have been some slow paced songs mixed in and I really need music to keep me pumped. :hyper:

I understand where you're coming from and I don't necessarily think it is weird at all. I'm just saying that unless the pain level is going to dictate whether you run the race or not, you're probably going to be better off just not knowing until you get there. :confused3

Yeah, some good music will definitely help keep your head in the right place. You might need some to help you walk around the parks the next couple of days too. :rolleyes1

Try keeping your feet low and close to the ground to reduce the impact. That's one of the things I did this year and I don't have any of the leg problems I did last time.

Agreed. You can only do more harm than good at this point.

Seeing how we were all set up when this thing started, yes the thought had crossed my mind! :scratchin

I understand where you're coming from and I don't necessarily think it is weird at all. I'm just saying that unless the pain level is going to dictate whether you run the race or not, you're probably going to be better off just not knowing until you get there. :confused3
Good point. I'm running regardless. I guess it will be better if I don't push it ahead of time.

Yeah, some good music will definitely help keep your head in the right place. You might need some to help you walk around the parks the next couple of days too. :rolleyes1
I'm sure I can rent a scooter while I'm there. I'll get a GAC too! :woohoo:

Try keeping your feet low and close to the ground to reduce the impact. That's one of the things I did this year and I don't have any of the leg problems I did last time.
I'll try to keep that in mind when I start struggling around mile 1. :crazy2:

Seeing how we were all set up when this thing started, yes the thought had crossed my mind! :scratchin
I wish that was the case. No seriously, I do. There is no fooling around with this. You can ask the people who follow my running on runkeeper. :sad2::sad2:

I wish that was the case. No seriously, I do. There is no fooling around with this. You can ask the people who follow my running on runkeeper. :sad2::sad2:

Oh, I believe you. Just a little needling because of all the trash talking you were starting to do. Did the Dr say whether some taping might help?

I'm planning to try for a run this evening to see if I can't cough up some more of this phlegm. :headache:

Weather temps are trending up... Orlando TV stations are saying low 80's for highs with lows around 60. That is going to make for some hot running. We will be sweating profusely. I'm sure we will be smelling ripe by the end. :lmao::lmao:

Is CJ still bringing the pressure washer? That should probably be placed in the trunk right now.

E3yore said:
Is CJ still bringing the pressure washer? That should probably be placed in the trunk right now.

I've got a nozzle for one that I use to strip paint. I won't be there, but I'd be more than happy to ship it.

Oh, I believe you. Just a little needling because of all the trash talking you were starting to do. Did the Dr say whether some taping might help?
The Dr. was highly opposed to me running at all. He did not approve of me running. :rotfl2:

I think I'm going to look for some kind of compression sleeve while at the expo. Oh yea, and a gallon of biofreeze. :thumbsup2

I'm planning to try for a run this evening to see if I can't cough up some more of this phlegm. :headache:
I saw your facebook post... Nice job! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

OH BOY... Bambi's here! :duck:

I didn't know you were even following this thread. :blush:

I've got a nozzle for one that I use to strip paint. I won't be there, but I'd be more than happy to ship it.
Yea but does that take off BO? :scratchin

I would if I could breathe. Just hoping to get one in at this point.

Mucinex...or the generic ( cheaper ) equivalent --- it works.

Yeah I have cut back here - muscles stay sore for so long that I have get any kinks out before the big day.

Hopefully our paths will cross next week. :thumbsup2

YES Biofreeze was at the EXPO - if you run out or need more.

The massage therapist at the Chiropractor also recommended Tiger Sports Balm. You can find it at Chinese grocery ? Maybe some health food or all natural stores???

Not bringing one up in the car. Instead, an Orlando equipment rental company is delivering it at the finish line. Their's had a higher PSI rating. They asked if I wanted the bleach spraying attachment. I told them Duh, of course I do. No worries Bambi.

Yeah I have cut back here - muscles stay sore for so long that I have get any kinks out before the big day.

Hopefully our paths will cross next week. :thumbsup2
We are all planning on meeting up at the ?-Z baggage check at 4am. Stop by and say hi!

YES Biofreeze was at the EXPO - if you run out or need more.
Good! I'm gonna need it!

The massage therapist at the Chiropractor also recommended Tiger Sports Blam. You can find it at Chinese grocery ? Maybe some health food or all natural stores???
hummm.... I think I'm staying out of all stores this week. Flu is rampant up here.

Not bringing one up in the car. Instead, an Orlando equipment rental company is delivering it at the finish line. Their's had a higher PSI rating. They asked if I wanted the bleach spraying attachment. I told them Duh, of course I do. No worries Bambi.
I'm sure that will take off the skin but will it take off the smell? :snooty:

i think I can nail down both Barry & Tim's secret weapon at the starting line:confused3

Barry will chug a 5th of 80 proof Sharp Wisconsin Cheddar Schnapps trying to get the taste of cheese for the length of the race, making him run like a rat through a cinder block:lmao:

Tim will consume a 1/2 pound of Boars Head Jerk Turkey, going for there is water at the finish line while his mouth is sending out a 4 alarm to his legs that he has to get water soon before he ignites be:rotfl2:

hummm.... I think I'm staying out of all stores this week. Flu is rampant up here.

I will have some with me. --- assembling the medical needs now- KT tape, chews for race, biofreeze and Tiger balm. Advil and Motrin too :rotfl2:

They say flu is rampant here too but I have yet to encounter anyone even sniffling. And I work with the public. :laughing:

Just one more run to go! I ran a little more than 3 miles on Saturday and started way too fast. Did the first mile in about 8:30. Stoopid. I think my goal is to run the first mile in about 12 minutes and slowly speed up. I always do much better when I start slowly.

The Dr. was highly opposed to me running at all. He did not approve of me running. :rotfl2:

I think I'm going to look for some kind of compression sleeve while at the expo. Oh yea, and a gallon of biofreeze. :thumbsup2

Biofreeze was available last year at a couple different points during the race. Same with the anti-chafing stuff.

i think I can nail down both Barry & Tim's secret weapon at the starting line:confused3

Barry will chug a 5th of 80 proof Sharp Wisconsin Cheddar Schnapps trying to get the taste of cheese for the length of the race, making him run like a rat through a cinder block:lmao:

Tim will consume a 1/2 pound of Boars Head Jerk Turkey, going for there is water at the finish line while his mouth is sending out a 4 alarm to his legs that he has to get water soon before he ignites be:rotfl2:
Sounds about right! :lmao::lmao:

I will have some with me. --- assembling the medical needs now- KT tape, chews for race, biofreeze and Tiger balm. Advil and Motrin too :rotfl2:
If I run out I know where to go get some!!!! :rotfl::rotfl:

They say flu is rampant here too but I have yet to encounter anyone even sniffling. And I work with the public. :laughing:
I'm going to have to goto the grocery store before we leave to stock up the house for the kids. :scared1:

Just one more run to go! I ran a little more than 3 miles on Saturday and started way too fast. Did the first mile in about 8:30. Stoopid. I think my goal is to run the first mile in about 12 minutes and slowly speed up. I always do much better when I start slowly.
On all my runs with dodging all the slow people, I was running around 8:30 like you ran. I hope to run about a 10 minute mile to the castle. I have no clue what will happen from there to the end. :rolleyes1

Biofreeze was available last year at a couple different points during the race. Same with the anti-chafing stuff.
I have a anti-chafing stick that I will lather my entire body with before the race. I will bring the biofreeze into the corral and apply generously up to the start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter