Nemesis Challenge:It's OK to Finish Next-To-Last, As Long As I Beat HIM/ Its Here!!!!

Remember a few weeks ago when I complained about weighing 178 and that I wanted to run at 170? Apparently, I will be running at 180.

On all my runs with dodging all the slow people, I was running around 8:30 like you ran. I hope to run about a 10 minute mile to the castle. I have no clue what will happen from there to the end. :rolleyes1

Then you'll leave me in the dust. A 10-minute mile is no big deal for me when I'm warmed up. But there's no way to warm up adequately at the race. My warm-up will be the first 2+ miles. I plan on running at a 11+ minute pace for the first 2+ miles. Every time I've done that, I've had plenty of energy left for the rest of my run.

My goal is to enjoy the race and have fun. Running out of steam at mile 8 would be no fun. So I'll try to run a negative split and go faster after we get out of the MK.

Remember a few weeks ago when I complained about weighing 178 and that I wanted to run at 170? Apparently, I will be running at 180.
Too many Christmas cookies?

I'll be running at 215. 35lbs more than you! :eek:

Then you'll leave me in the dust. A 10-minute mile is no big deal for me when I'm warmed up. But there's no way to warm up adequately at the race. My warm-up will be the first 2+ miles. I plan on running at a 11+ minute pace for the first 2+ miles. Every time I've done that, I've had plenty of energy left for the rest of my run.

My goal is to enjoy the race and have fun. Running out of steam at mile 8 would be no fun. So I'll try to run a negative split and go faster after we get out of the MK.
You'll probably pass me when I'm sucking wind and walking later on in the race. :lmao:

Alrighty Boys .....

I may be slow but at least I know I am not carrying as much as you MEN during the race.

Doesn't make me any faster but I am blaming the bum knee and the short legs. :cool1:

GOing to get one last chiropractic adjustment. Maybe that will help release my right hip and help that way.

My goal----- finish.

Poolrat said:
Alrighty Boys .....

I may be slow but at least I know I am not carrying as much as you MEN during the race.

I laughed out loud when I read that. I think she just out trash talked all you runners with one quick (true) statement.

afwdwfan said:
I laughed out loud when I read that. I think she just out trash talked all you runners with one quick (true) statement.

True....... :lmao: I guess while I am rushing to pack I should have inserted the word "weight". :laughing:

Then again who knows what I carry around with me. :lmao: :confused:

And you are the one that keep ignoring me. :rolleyes1
Doesn't look like we'll be making the ToT. Our APs expire in August so we're looking at an early August trip.

Seeing how we were all set up when this thing started, yes the thought had crossed my mind! :scratchin
Yeah, that was fun, wasn't it? :cool1::rotfl2:

Is CJ still bringing the pressure washer? That should probably be placed in the trunk right now.
Uh oh....

I've got a nozzle for one that I use to strip paint. I won't be there, but I'd be more than happy to ship it.
Oh no...

Not bringing one up in the car. Instead, an Orlando equipment rental company is delivering it at the finish line. Their's had a higher PSI rating. They asked if I wanted the bleach spraying attachment. I told them Duh, of course I do. No worries Bambi.
Can we just try regular soap first? Maybe save the bleach as a last alternative?

Yea but does that take off BO? :scratchin
That's the smell of excellence. :thumbsup2

Hopefully our paths will cross next week. :thumbsup2
Like Tim said, ?-Z bag check, 4:00am. Hopefully you can find us. We'll be the obnoxious out of shape guys pretending to be runners for that day.

Barry will chug a 5th of 80 proof Sharp Wisconsin Cheddar Schnapps trying to get the taste of cheese for the length of the race, making him run like a rat through a cinder block:lmao:
:scared: I take my cheese in the solid form, thanks. :eek:

Hey guys... runner tracking is now active!

http://www.rundisney.com/disneyworld-marathon/

If we are friends on Facebook.. my split times will be posted to my facebook page live.
All signed up! Thanks for the heads up. I've also set my phone to get text messages for your split times. That way I'll have an idea of when I'll need to put down my celebratory beer and head back to the finish line to watch you cross.

I have a anti-chafing stick that I will lather my entire body with before the race. I will bring the biofreeze into the corral and apply generously up to the start.
Not sure if I should use the "greased pig" joke or the "Chippendale's" joke here.... Anyone have any input?

Speaking of weight..... where has Barry been?
I'll be running around 210. Maybe 2:15 depending on how delicious Via Napoli is the night before...

Alrighty Boys .....

:worship:
My goal----- finish.
:thumbsup2

Alright everybody, plane leave in about 27 hours, so I guess it's time I get serious.

First off, I want to thank each and every one of you for following along. Running may sound easy - left foot, right foot, repeat - but finding the motivation and accountability to run is much harder. Reading your encouragement (and threats) really has helped alot!

Secondly, I need to specifically thank Bambi. This endeavor has not been easy on her. Me training sometimes 3 or 4 times a week, leaving her with 3 kids - including an infant. Yet through it all she has been nothing but supportive. I love you! :lovestruc

And then we come to Tim. I'm quite sure I would not be running a half marathon had you not come up with this hair-brained idea. But I'm kind of glad that I am. Not only is it an excuse for another Disney trip, but it has put me on the track for a healthier, longer life. (As long as I can keep dodging those pickup trucks).

So race day is 4 days away. There will be a lot of fanatic preparations between now and then between getting all 5 of us to Florida, getting our race packets, cheering on Madison and Evan in their kid's races, assorted Dis Dad's Club Convention activities and just enjoying the parks. But then comes Saturday morning. Honestly, I really don't know what to expect. I've read up as much as I could and listened to every bit of advice that the seasoned runners here have doled out. I'm as ready as I can be, but I think until you stand in a corral with 25,000 other runners there's no way to grasp the enormity of what's ahead.

So when that starting gun does go off and I take my first few strides toward immorality (work with me here, it makes it sound more dramatic) - I'll know that Tim and I will have a lot of support behind us. :thumbsup2

oh, and

72d6cc2c356f5d77efccb95561a4b076.gif

Alrighty Boys .....

Doesn't make me any faster but I am blaming the bum knee and the short legs. :cool1:

GOing to get one last chiropractic adjustment. Maybe that will help release my right hip and help that way.

My goal----- finish.
:rotfl2::rotfl2: :rotfl2::rotfl2:

If I don't see you before the run GOOD LUCK. As Barry said we are meeting at 4am... maybe we'll see you there! :goodvibes

YUP She did. ::yes::

True....... :lmao: I guess while I am rushing to pack I should have inserted the word "weight". :laughing:

Then again who know what I carry around with me. : lmao: :confused:
:lmao::lmao: :lmao::lmao:

Doesn't look like we'll be making the ToT. Our APs expire in August so we're looking at an early August trip.
Our expire Nov 3... don't know the chances of getting in another trip in 2013. But if I told Melody that you were making me run the TOT since I made you run the 1/2, she'd have to say yes. :rotfl2:

That's the smell of excellence. :thumbsup2
That's what they call it in Wisconsin?

All signed up! Thanks for the heads up. I've also set my phone to get text messages for your split times. That way I'll have an idea of when I'll need to put down my celebratory beer and head back to the finish line to watch you cross.
I thought about adding the text messages but I don't want to hear my phone going off all the time. I will check facebook if I need to. popcorn::

Not sure if I should use the "greased pig" joke or the "Chippendale's" joke here.... Anyone have any input?
Why not use both? :rolleyes2 popcorn::

First off, I want to thank each and every one of you for following along. Running may sound easy - left foot, right foot, repeat - but finding the motivation and accountability to run is much harder. Reading your encouragement (and threats) really has helped alot!
I agree! Thanks everyone for following along and helping 2 novice runners.

Secondly, I need to specifically thank Bambi. This endeavor has not been easy on her. Me training sometimes 3 or 4 times a week, leaving her with 3 kids - including an infant. Yet through it all she has been nothing but supportive. I love you! :lovestruc
Awwwww...... how sweet! :love:

And then we come to Tim. I'm quite sure I would not be running a half marathon had you not come up with this hair-brained idea. But I'm kind of glad that I am. Not only is it an excuse for another Disney trip, but it has put me on the track for a healthier, longer life. (As long as I can keep dodging those pickup trucks).
Was this a complement? From my nemesis? I'm going to mark down this day and remember it forever. ::yes::

So race day is 4 days away. There will be a lot of fanatic preparations between now and then between getting all 5 of us to Florida, getting our race packets, cheering on Madison and Evan in their kid's races, assorted Dis Dad's Club Convention activities and just enjoying the parks. But then comes Saturday morning. Honestly, I really don't know what to expect. I've read up as much as I could and listened to every bit of advice that the seasoned runners here have doled out. I'm as ready as I can be, but I think until you stand in a corral with 25,000 other runners there's no way to grasp the enormity of what's ahead.
Sounds busy!

So when that starting gun does go off and I take my first few strides toward immorality (work with me here, it makes it sound more dramatic) - I'll know that Tim and I will have a lot of support behind us.
Well said! :thumbsup2

So when that starting gun does go off and I take my first few strides toward immorality (work with me here, it makes it sound more dramatic) - I'll know that Tim and I will have a lot of support behind us. :thumbsup2

You may have to help me here. I could understand you shooting for immortality but immorality? Are you not planning on being a good sport? Is there some Charlie Sheen activity you are planning for during the race? :confused3

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

You may have to help me here. I could understand you shooting for immortality but immorality? Are you not planning on being a good sport? Is there some Charlie Sheen activity you are planning for during the race? :confused3

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Nice catch!!!!!

:rotfl2::rotfl2: :rotfl::rotfl: :rotfl2::rotfl2:

And for those of you who aren't running, remember: If you can't be an athlete, you can at least be an athletic supporter.

Just want to wish everyone who is running GOOD LUCK this weekend! I'm starting in Corral F for both races. Planning to walk the half in about 3 hours and hoping for about a 5:30 marathon. We'll see how I do with the heat and humidity on Sunday. And I'm hoping and praying my foot does ok with the miles!
Maybe I'll get to meet some of you there. I'm wearing an Ariel/Little Mermaid running skirt for the half marathon and a Minnie Mouse running skirt for the full.
Safe travels and safe running!!!
Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Amanda

A salute to all runners but mostly Barry. May you safely navigate the 5K, 1/2 Marathon and/or the full. Enjoy the experience and celebrate the culmination of our your hard work getting ready.

Best of luck to everyone running! I hope you all make it through safe and sound! Have an amazing race!

Good luck to everyone running. I admire you all for taking on the challenge. I look forward to reading a TR if you can keep it PG enough for these boards. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter