Neupogen shot

TiggWDW

Stabbing A Volleyball ISN'T Just Walking By..
Have any of you had a Neupogen shot? What were your side effects? I have a really low white blood count and basically have no immune system right now. I had a kidney transplant almost 5 months ago. I'm really nervous about any reaction to the shot.

I had one three weeks ago after my chemo infusion. I had some light headedness for a few days, but that was it! I was doing too much too soon. You should take Claritin the night before the shot to avoid bone pain. I have my next shot this Friday. 4 total. Good luck!

My wife had the shots 20 years ago after each of her 8 chemo treatments over 4 months, every 2 weeks. She would have the chemo and then a day, maybe it was 2 days later, she would give herself the shot to rebuild her blood count. I do not recall any side effects, though my wife might not agree with me.

Best wishes for you, Tigg, and you also, China. :hug:'s

8 years ago when receiving chemo I would get the shot. I never had any side effects. I just followed whatever instructions the doctor recommended - which I don't even recall what they may have been. Good luck to you!

I had a bunch of those, plus the one for red blood cells, during chemo. That was before the recommendation of taking Claritin beforehand. Not going to lie, it caused quite a bit of discomfort several days down the road in my bones, but I can't remember if it was cumulative or not. Are you just getting the one? I'd think they'd have better ways of dealing with any side effects today, and with just one there might not be too many. It is a different situation than with chemo. Good luck, and congratulations on your kidney transplant!

I had a bunch of those, plus the one for red blood cells, during chemo. That was before the recommendation of taking Claritin beforehand. Not going to lie, it caused quite a bit of discomfort several days down the road in my bones, but I can't remember if it was cumulative or not. Are you just getting the one? I'd think they'd have better ways of dealing with any side effects today, and with just one there might not be too many. It is a different situation than with chemo. Good luck, and congratulations on your kidney transplant!
c
It's just one. At least for now. My WBC has been up and down the past couple of months but this is the lowest it has ever been since transplant. Thank you!

Thanks everybody! I took a Claritin so hopefully it helps!

Dh is almost 5 years post kidney transplant, and has had to take Nupogen shots a couple of times. He gets achy, like in his bones ache. No fevers or rashes, but he does lose his appetite for about 24 hours. that may be because of the achiness, though. They prefer that he doesn't drive after the shot, in case there is a reaction (but that could just be overcautiousness on the doctors part, IDK).

As an oncology nurse the most common side effect patients reported was bone and muscle pain which was relieved by Alleve- a few were so uncomfortable that
They refused it- worse side effects from long lasting Neulasta

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter