New AP Holder

I got a welcome "package" in the mail which pretty much consisted of a small brochure that contained information I already knew LOL, but it did include the magnet :-). I was told it takes 4-6 weeks to get it and I believe I got mine right around the 6 week mark.
One more question! Was before or after activating? Did you get the package after buying the voucher?

One more question! Was before or after activating? Did you get the package after buying the voucher?

Mine was after activation. I believe that's how it works because when I called to find out where it was, they asked when I activated at the park.

Does anyone know if the expiration date is a year from when you upgrade your tickets to an AP or when you first use the tickets? For instance, if I bought a 5 day tickets and decided to upgrade at the 5 day, will the AP expire from my first ticket usage day or when I upgraded to the AP?

Does anyone know if the expiration date is a year from when you upgrade your tickets to an AP or when you first use the tickets? For instance, if I bought a 5 day tickets and decided to upgrade at the 5 day, will the AP expire from my first ticket usage day or when I upgraded to the AP?

It's the first ticket usage day.

I recently renewed my AP, and received my new AP Magic Band yesterday. I assumed that I would receive a new ID card since my old one has an expiration date on it, but there was nothing in the box except the MB and a blurb about the orange slider that's supposed to come with it being out of stock, more info to follow. How do I get the new card?

I have been a passholder a few times now, not necessarily in concecutive years, and and only received an ID card the very first time, and them I got it at Guest Relations in the park. Other ones ordered through the app.

I know that some CMs never ask for the card and others do. I always show them on the MDE app that I do have it, and it's not expired. Don't they send new cards if you get one online, or is that only if you get it while you are visiting?

I recently renewed my AP, and received my new AP Magic Band yesterday. I assumed that I would receive a new ID card since my old one has an expiration date on it, but there was nothing in the box except the MB and a blurb about the orange slider that's supposed to come with it being out of stock, more info to follow. How do I get the new card?

I have been a passholder a few times now, not necessarily in concecutive years, and and only received an ID card the very first time, and them I got it at Guest Relations in the park. Other ones ordered through the app.

I know that some CMs never ask for the card and others do. I always show them on the MDE app that I do have it, and it's not expired. Don't they send new cards if you get one online, or is that only if you get it while you are visiting?

I think you can ask for one when you go but most of them will accept it from your MDE. I have taken a screenshot of where it shows my AP on my MDE and then saved that as my lock screen for our trips before so that it is always handy.

I think you can ask for one when you go but most of them will accept it from your MDE. I have taken a screenshot of where it shows my AP on my MDE and then saved that as my lock screen for our trips before so that it is always handy.
Great idea! Thanks!

I love being an AP holder, from never being able to afford it as a child it’s like a dream come true literally.

PHOTOPASS!! this is a great feature, use it. Try the Disney Springs Photo Pass Studio, it's free and you get several photos with say 8 cool projected backdrops very fun.

Setup so you get email's, I am hoping I can get into Star Wars Land for a Preview like I did Pandora, we got an email with dates and times for the preview and QUICKLY signed up and boom planned a trip around the time we got. We were in Pandora for say 3 hours with like 500 people, went on Flight of passage 4 times in a row and the River ride 3 times, was perfect. I Am hoping we can get this for Star Wars. That lands will be impossibly busy when it opens.

When you enter a Park look for the AP Line, most times the line is shorter + everyone in line knows what to do so the line moves lots faster.

I am also a new AP holder and wondering how you sign up to receive emails? Is it through the communication preferences through our Disney Account?

Many thanks for your help.

We were brand new AP this year too! We got ours when we added on a short trip in Dec. 2018 and already had our week-long honeymoon planned in March. It ended up paying for itself when the room deals for March rolled around for 2019. When we got them the cast member on the phone recommended calling back when we saw passholder discounts for march show up on the website and see what we could get back. It was a super easy process AND there's a passholder phoneline which sped things up. Called that, told them our dates, asked if they could apply any passholder discounts and got back $700 - which very nearly paid for one of the annual passes. Add in getting memory maker for free, discounts on party nights, discounts on DAH, merchandise and food and they've really been a huge success for us.

I'm an admitted sucker for exclusive merchandise (especially pins!) and a lot of stores have pins only passholders can buy, which was awesome. On our last trip Windtraders had a really amazing stained-glass shaman pin, The emporium during MVMCP had a passholder only party pin and the Polynesian had a happy holidays Moana pin. Basically--ask at stores if they have any passholder specific merchandise and they'll pull it out if they do! Also, check and see if they're doing any free magnets at Epcot when you go during the festivals. When we went during Festival of the Holidays it was a Goofy magnet, and now for Festival of Arts its a Figment magnet. They're free!

Repeating what someone said above about the AP lines. They're awesome.

We've absolutely loved being an AP, I'm sure you'll love it too!

I purchased my first ever AP back in the fall but won't be visiting until March with it. I keep reading conflicting information in terms of activating/picking it up.

I received an email that said to pick it up at Will Call but then further down in the email it says:

Once you receive your pass certificate, you must exchange it for a valid pass prior to first use at one of the following locations: any Walt Disney World theme park or water park ticket window, or any Guest Relations location. You will need to show a valid photo ID to pick up your pass.

Is what I receive at Will Call the certificate? Is that where I get the AP card/pass? The All Ears site seems to conflict with this too - I never had the option to have anything sent to me.

I purchased my first ever AP back in the fall but won't be visiting until March with it. I keep reading conflicting information in terms of activating/picking it up.

I received an email that said to pick it up at Will Call but then further down in the email it says:

Once you receive your pass certificate, you must exchange it for a valid pass prior to first use at one of the following locations: any Walt Disney World theme park or water park ticket window, or any Guest Relations location. You will need to show a valid photo ID to pick up your pass.

Is what I receive at Will Call the certificate? Is that where I get the AP card/pass? The All Ears site seems to conflict with this too - I never had the option to have anything sent to me.

I just print out the email and bring it with me to the ticket window.

Here is my recent experience. I purchased my annual pass through the my Disney experience app in September. I linked it to me, to an existing magicband, in the MDE app.

I went to guest Relations at Disney Springs on my arrival day in January. You can go to any Guest Relations location. I chose DS because it was close to my resort.

At guest relations they just scanned my magic band. Then gave me my AP. I also purchased Tables in Wonderland discount card from the CM that assisted me.

That’s it. You don’t need your AP card at the park unless you want a discount. IF you’ve linked to a magicband. Be sure to have your picture ID too. They’ll ask for it.

I'm joining in for the info because I'm planning to buy AP for the first time for this year.

I've read where they recently (i.e. in the last few days) started being able to process upgrades to an AP at the hotel desk at check-in. Will they activate a new AP (with no tickets) there as well?

I've read where they recently (i.e. in the last few days) started being able to process upgrades to an AP at the hotel desk at check-in. Will they activate a new AP (with no tickets) there as well?
I am interested in this as well. I'll be activating my first AP in a month. :woohoo:I'll be at BWI, so I had planned on walking over to IG but if they are now allowing it to be done at the hotel that'd be nice.
Thanks to all the pps full of info, DIS is good.

I am interested in this as well. I'll be activating my first AP in a month. :woohoo:I'll be at BWI, so I had planned on walking over to IG but if they are now allowing it to be done at the hotel that'd be nice.
Thanks to all the pps full of info, DIS is good.
We'll be at the BWI in May. If you have a chance, post over on the BWI thread and let us all know how it goes! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter