New Balance Shoes

They are available to the general public at New Balance Outlets. Disney doesn't make these shoes, New Balance does.
Well yes I know that it is a New Balance product and only Disney branded. The outlets are still spotty at best. Their online store could certainly make it worth while is what I am getting at. Plenty of rabid Disney fans all over. They could even make some not geared to running, but every day park shoes and this would allow the runDisney branding to still exist.

Well yes I know that it is a New Balance product and only Disney branded. The outlets are still spotty at best. Their online store could certainly make it worth while is what I am getting at. Plenty of rabid Disney fans all over. They could even make some not geared to running, but every day park shoes and this would allow the runDisney branding to still exist.
Vans has Toy Story shoes. I think the whole point of these shoes is the running aspect and runDisney. I like the exclusivity of them being at the expos first.

Haunted Mansion shoes. There are Hitchhiking Ghost clips you can buy for these for an additional $5 (I didn't buy them). They come with a second set of laces and glow in the dark:

My Ariel shoes from last year came with the clip-on shells for free. Normally, this is where I make my snarky comment about Disney finding a way to monetize everything.....but this is New Balance, so.......

Not sure if I missed this - can anyone confirm the retail price of the shoes this year? I've seen them on sale on eBay and just wondering how bad the markup is. Hubby desperately wants the toy story mania shoes!

Not sure if I missed this - can anyone confirm the retail price of the shoes this year? I've seen them on sale on eBay and just wondering how bad the markup is. Hubby desperately wants the toy story mania shoes!
Toy Story mania at the expo were $140 I believe.

The weather is great at Disneyland. Let's hope it has kids out.

Edit... I don't know how that last sentence came to be... it was supposed to say..

Let's hope it stays that way. Lol

Last edited:
Did anyone at the Marathon expo notice if they had previous models of shoes available for purchase? (Mickey/Minnie or Ariel). I will be there for Princess and my daughter prefers some of the older models so am hopeful I may be able to purchase a pair of those for my daughter. Thanks in advance!!

I asked if any previous models were available. Only the 2017 models were available at the Marathon Expo.

Keep in mind, though, that Fit2Run at Disney Springs had a bunch of previous models at slight markups from the original retail price. IIRC, they had last year's Mickey's (860v6) for $150. Don't hold me to that, I took a quick look at out of curiosity, not really considering purchasing.

But they also had the yellow Minnie, Ariel, Dumbo, Tinkerbell, the grey Minnie (990?), Steamboat Mickey and Steamboat Minnie.

I asked if any previous models were available. Only the 2017 models were available at the Marathon Expo.

Keep in mind, though, that Fit2Run at Disney Springs had a bunch of previous models at slight markups from the original retail price. IIRC, they had last year's Mickey's (860v6) for $150. Don't hold me to that, I took a quick look at out of curiosity, not really considering purchasing.

But they also had the yellow Minnie, Ariel, Dumbo, Tinkerbell, the grey Minnie (990?), Steamboat Mickey and Steamboat Minnie.

Thanks for the info about Fit2Run, I didn't realize they had any. I will hopefully stop there during Princess weekend!
Thanks!

For anyone looking for Wide widths, I was told only the Women's teacups and Men's Toy Story are available in Wide

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter