• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Epcot Resort coming soon?

I am beginning to wonder if this is the real issue or not. Granted, I am going off my own experience....
But on a 7 day trip - currently my family and I would spend 2 days at MK, 1 day at EPCOT, 1 day at DHS and 1 day at AK, Then we would take a day to do water park for half a day and Downtown disney for the other. that still leaves us with a day...

Now, how you account for travel could make that a half day.

Will this change with SW:GE,MMRR and TSL? ...probably, with wait times and such you may need to spend more than a day to do all you want.

But I can see families making allowances to do 5 parks in 7 days. We would probably dump the water park/shopping day.

Yes, for those on 5 days or less, a trade will have to happen. but 7 days and 5 parks to me is doable. Depending on what they would go with for the 5th gate, and what the draw would be.
But like you said trade offs are still happening. No water park or Disney springs.

All four parks still have expansion room, and any concept they could come up with would be a good fit in at least one of the parks, so I think it is far more economical for Disney to add on to the existing parks instead of building a 5th gate. If the Star Wars hotel is a success I could see them doing more of this sort of experience.

Thats a good theme that would sell this thread. “Disney’s Brunch Resort”. Would you like to stay in the French toast or orange juice wing?

I'd probably go OJ wing... gotta watch those refined carbohydrates and there are many better carbs I can eat in the parks. Lol

As a thought if Disney was able to somehow tap into the Retired Persons Market, they wouldnt need to worry about labor. You do make a fair point though, Labor cost and supply are a big issue for both WDW, Uni and Sea. Who knows we might see Disney actually think of something innovative on that front, Maybe the next park if it happens will be a completely Futuristic world and all be run by Robots, computer AI and just a few bodies here and there to load and sell the merch.

Most retired folks are too smart to work at Disney. I know a few, through RV groups, that snowbird down there. Many will work for Disney for a season, maybe 2, because they love Disney, but they quickly discover it's not worth it. Between traffic, time spent getting in and out of costume and from backstage to the Parks, random schedules, brutal 12 hour type shifts, the $$/hour is a heck of a lot less in reality than working at a Chic-Fil-A, who actively hunts for retired labor and treats them pretty well.

All four parks still have expansion room, and any concept they could come up with would be a good fit in at least one of the parks, so I think it is far more economical for Disney to add on to the existing parks instead of building a 5th gate. If the Star Wars hotel is a success I could see them doing more of this sort of experience.
IF they expand I agree. But are we getting expansion? Or are we getting replacements?

I would love to see DHS get more than just SW:GE, TSL and MMRR. Rumbles of some Indy stuff is there, but overall no guarantee of any other add.
MK just added NFL not too long ago and is getting Tron. Meanwhile SM continues to rot away.
EPCOT to me is the most energetic changes adding in total(as far as we know ;) ) Rat in France, ride in UK(Poppins), New Pavillion(Brazil) then adding Space restaurant, GotG in Energy, something eventually in WoL. Not to mention new Hotel, new spine, and Innovations revamped(still on as far as I know).

AK is still hopping from Avatar.

But net most are not adds, they are replacements. Disney needs to add

IF they expand I agree. But are we getting expansion? Or are we getting replacements?

I would love to see DHS get more than just SW:GE, TSL and MMRR. Rumbles of some Indy stuff is there, but overall no guarantee of any other add.
MK just added NFL not too long ago and is getting Tron. Meanwhile SM continues to rot away.
EPCOT to me is the most energetic changes adding in total(as far as we know ;) ) Rat in France, ride in UK(Poppins), New Pavillion(Brazil) then adding Space restaurant, GotG in Energy, something eventually in WoL. Not to mention new Hotel, new spine, and Innovations revamped(still on as far as I know).

AK is still hopping from Avatar.

But net most are not adds, they are replacements. Disney needs to add
MK is getting Tron which is an addition.

AK got a net positive with Pandora.

Epcot is getting new additions with ratatouille and possibly more.

DHS is expanding with two lands. Yes we lost two attractions but those attractions took up a huge areas.

Only via that walkway. The only difference between it and a sidewalk is that it is elevated.

But that's much closer than some resorts have on their whole grounds, thinking of those outer buildings at CBR, POR and CSR to the main lobby or pool areas. CSR is improving with the bridges and restaurant across the lake and such. Plus you're basically walking over to the main area of the Contemporary if you use the walkway. If you take the elevator to the ground floor it's easy enough to walk over to the buses through the parking lot. Way better than schlepping halfway across the resort to fill up your mugs in the morning.

MK is getting Tron which is an addition.

AK got a net positive with Pandora.

Epcot is getting new additions with ratatouille and possibly more.

DHS is expanding with two lands. Yes we lost two attractions but those attractions took up a huge areas.
Yes Tron is an add - BUT...we still are down one ride due to Stitch.
Epcot YES is getting adds - Rat and UK ride and Brazil - but GotG is a replacement.
AK - net positive - yes it added two rides

DHS not so fast though here... - SW:GE is two rides - replacing one ride(tour) and show(stunt show), TSL is +2 rides but replaces a few failed things.

Again, not trying to nitpick here. I like where the changes are going - but it can't be JUST replacement - it needs to be ADDS as well.

A 5th gate just gives people more reasons to come back or stay longer.

Same applies to new attractions/lands in existing parks.

There is plenty of room to creatively grow Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. Add a 5th park and you're spending $2 billion before you even place a single ride. It also means more buses/drivers, more ticket takers, more guest relations, more security, more parking attendants...all required positions which do nothing to entertain guests.

Not only is the idea of a 5th park fairly ludicrous, but it's something Disney fans should be actively rallying AGAINST. Do you have any idea how much Disney would want to raise prices to fund the park? Do you realize how much further Disney would have to scrape the labor market to fill these jobs? Do you really think the addition of a new half-day destination is going to enhance your vacation experience more than a the same money spent on a couple new D/E ticket attractions in the existing parks?

Instead of $3-4 billion on a modest new park, we should be rooting for additional $1B expansions at EP, DHS and DAK.

Epcot YES is getting adds - Rat and UK ride and Brazil - but GotG is a replacement.

DHS not so fast though here... - SW:GE is two rides - replacing one ride(tour) and show(stunt show), TSL is +2 rides but replaces a few failed things.

Again, not trying to nitpick here. I like where the changes are going - but it can't be JUST replacement - it needs to be ADDS as well.
Lol, I am ok with nothing replacing stitch at the moment. That was terrible.

DHS's guest foot print is expanded though. Other than thing Jack Sparrow thing what else did TSL replace? That Jack Sparrow thing didn't last log anyways.

Same applies to new attractions/lands in existing parks.

There is plenty of room to creatively grow Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. Add a 5th park and you're spending $2 billion before you even place a single ride. It also means more buses/drivers, more ticket takers, more guest relations, more security, more parking attendants...all required positions which do nothing to entertain guests.

Not only is the idea of a 5th park fairly ludicrous, but it's something Disney fans should be actively rallying AGAINST. Do you have any idea how much Disney would want to raise prices to fund the park? Do you realize how much further Disney would have to scrape the labor market to fill these jobs? Do you really think the addition of a new half-day destination is going to enhance your vacation experience more than a the same money spent on a couple new D/E ticket attractions in the existing parks?

Instead of $3-4 billion on a modest new park, we should be rooting for additional $1B expansions at EP, DHS and DAK.
DHS is already getting $1+ billion invested. Epcot is rumored to be $2 billion, AK was under $1 billion but not by a whole lot. AK definitely could do some more though.

Lol, I am ok with nothing replacing stitch at the moment. That was terrible.

DHS's guest foot print is expanded though. Other than thing Jack Sparrow thing what else did TSL replace? That Jack Sparrow thing didn't last log anyways.

Between TSL and SWGE, they lost the Backlot Tour, Lights Motor Action (Slinky Dog Dash), and the HISTK Playground (SWGE Tunnel).

There is still the rumor of the third phase of DHS not sure which IP is currently the topic of discussion on that one but there is still more space at DHS to add more attractions.

I fully agree with ADDS being better - but it's not like they are knocking down one super popular thing to replace it with another - I mean, how many people did Universe of Energy really get a day? Not what the capacity was, but people that actually went on it? I am sure that is a fraction of what will go to the new Guardains ride, so while it is a net neutral as far as number of attraction it will take people away from other things much more than Universe of Energy did

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter