new potter coaster?

Hagrids coaster is considered a high speed family coaster with a vertical backwards drop and at least 6 launches also a section where the track and vehicle will free fall

This from the news site wesh
ORLANDO, Fla. — Universal Orlando Resort announced the name and opening date of their new Harry Potter-themed roller coaster. Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure is set to open on June 13 in Universal's Islands of Adventure Theme Park. The new attraction will be one of the most highly-themed coaster experiences we’ve created," Universal said on its blog. According to Universal, the coaster will take riders into the paths of the wizarding world's rarest creatures while you ride along with Hagrid beyond the grounds of Hogwarts. Universal closed Dragon Challenge in September of 2017 to make room for the new ride.

Hagrids coaster is considered a high speed family coaster with a vertical backwards drop and at least 6 launches also a section where the track and vehicle will free fall
ugh not for me...glad for everyone else I am sure it will be great

Dang we fly home on 6/1 just missing it :/

You still might have a chance. It's a couple of weeks off, but they typically have soft openings prior to the grand opening, but even if they do, it's unpredictable when it occurs during the day, due to the queue being too long, or the ride being unpredictable (malfunctioning), and normally the wait times are outrageous.

The only way to even have a chance of getting on, even if it's happening, is if you're willing to throw a day away just waiting. I don't know how to was for Fast and Furious, but more recently with Kong, they literally wouldn't tell people if it was happening, or not, for sure in the morning and told people would just have to wait. And even if it did and let a few dozen, or hundred in, it could stop at any moment due to the ride malfunctioning, and essentially you'd have to wait for it to start again if you were wanting to see it that badly.

Last edited:
You still might have a chance. It's a couple of weeks off, but they typically have soft openings prior to the grand opening, but even if they do, it's unpredictable when it occurs during the day, due to the queue being too long, or the ride being unpredictable (malfunctioning), and normally the wait times are outrageous.

The only way to even have a chance of getting on, even if it's happening, is if you're willing to throw a day away just waiting. I don't know how to was for Fast and Furious, but more recently with Kong, they literally wouldn't tell people if it was happening, or not, for sure in the morning and told people would just have to wait. And even if it did and let a few dozen, or hundred in, it could stop at any moment due to the ride malfunctioning, and essentially you'd have to wait for it to start again.
Not sweating it. Just got excited when early rumors stated they were hoping for a Memorial Day weekend opening. This will be our first trip back to Universal since 2015.

Guess we can hope for a soft opening in early June before we head down to Miami for cruise. Otherwise it will be me and the middle waiting with the masses in September! Either way my middle kid who is the biggest Potterhead will be thrilled!

I am so excited for this.

My 10 yr old Harry Potter fan also adores a local Intiman coaster (mick doohan) that has a similar motorbike / side car vehicle.

The restraints are bars that come up after you sit down and are uncomfortable. I hope they have better restraints on Hagirds.

Sorry for going :offtopic: But, we love Mick Doohan!!!!!!

Class act guy and great friends with my hero Michael Schumacher...…..:hug:

Guess we can hope for a soft opening in early June before we head down to Miami for cruise. Otherwise it will be me and the middle waiting with the masses in September! Either way my middle kid who is the biggest Potterhead will be thrilled!

Hope you`re lucky with a soft opening for this one MonyK……..::yes::

I even said this may be the first time we ever consider doing EE...….gotta be a first time......:D

I’ll keep an eye out on the Universal app, maybe now since the announcement they will have more info available soon on the app!

Thanks - I checked website but deleted the app as it never seemed to work for me

this coaster is rumored to have a higher height restriction than gringotts . It's height requirement is rumored to be 46 inches

That works for us :). Was hoping not that dreaded 52 inch height. GD is very short for age, last year stated she wanted to skip U on our annual trip as she didn’t meet height requirments for the big girl rides.

Still, going to wait until i see the height restriction listed before I commit.

Hope you`re lucky with a soft opening for this one MonyK……..::yes::

I even said this may be the first time we ever consider doing EE...….gotta be a first time......:D
I guess it will be too much to hope soft opening will start early May :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter