New Reservation System ?

Not trying to argue here just trying to understand something ok? Most AP's include park hopping whether paid in full or monthly payment plan do they not? So people in reality paid for something they cant use if Disney only lets them visit one park per day.

Not trying to argue here just trying to understand something ok? Most AP's include park hopping whether paid in full or monthly payment plan do they not? So people in reality paid for something they cant use if Disney only lets them visit one park per day.
Agreed.
We are first time APs from out of state and the cost of park hopping (and free parking and photopass) is what made us go with APs over several parkhoppers.
With reduce hours and entertainment and lack of park hopping, definitely not going to get the value out of the pass that we had hoped.

Agreed.
We are first time APs from out of state and the cost of park hopping (and free parking and photopass) is what made us go with APs over several parkhoppers.
With reduce hours and entertainment and lack of park hopping, definitely not going to get the value out of the pass that we had hoped.
Thank you High Five to you

So if that be the case people who pay (or paid) for an AP that includes park hopping are getting screwed if they are only allowed one park per day???
Agreed.
Have you all called Disney to ask about the AP holders refund for the amount of time of closure? Maybe that would be worth it if you don't feel like you got your money's worth. Very crazy time, I agree that the product we purchased when buying AP's included park hopping, but things have changed. At this point we don't know definitively that there won't be park hopping. We are speculating. I don't know how they could do park hopping where one person reserved 4 parks, then decided not to go to the last 2.....they would have potentially taken spots away from another guest. So who knows! I am sure Disney is working out the logistics of what this will look like and let us know ( hopefully soon!) Hoping you all have great trips.

Next thing you know people will have to scan out like they do when they scan into the park.

Which, IMO, would be an e-mail extremely minor inconvenience if it allowed them to keep track of the numbers in order to allow limited park hopping in the evenings that were also based on a reservation system.

In order to prevent people from trying to manipulate the system, they could allow additional reservations for park hopping in the afternoon if:
- a certain number of people had left the park that you plan to hop to
- you would have to exit your original park to make a new reservation
- once you exited the original park and made a new park reservation, you would not be allowed to enter the original park (otherwise, too many would step out, reserve, and then step back in)

I think this would particularly beneficial for EPCOT. I don’t think a lot of people spend a full day at EPCOT (especially with current state of future world) but would allow for folks who leave the other parks early to go their to visit WD for dinner.

Last edited:
My trip is July 22 thru 25 and my sister comes down Friday and we only have a 1 park day ticket for her. My family has passes. I hope I can get our days to line up to be at the same park on the one day she will be going since it is their first time. I was not even thinking about that. Like if I get MK reserved because my dates opened up 2 days prior to hers then what if MK is not available for her and I am stuck if they won't allow me to change mine! It is going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Question...We have DVC reservation and tickets linked. AM I correct in understanding that Disney will contact us with how to make park reservations???

Thanks for any help!
I received an automatically generated letter this morning that said to wait and they will contact me.

IMHO the problem with the reservation system is that it does not track when people LEAVE the park. So say the capacity is 20K guests, do you only accept 20K reservations? What happens at 3pm when 2K guests have left for the day? Are people on "standy", are people lined up at the gates waiting for capacity, will Disney over-book to keep it at "full" capacity? Having not been during NYE time frame what does WDW usually do when the reach capacity?

It's hardly a perfect system for sure.
You know....they could actually track that with the wrist bands, so I wonder if they will??

No park hopping is probably one of the reasons Disney added this in their “Annual Passes: Know Before You Go” Page:
Some pass benefits and features will not be available during periods of limited capacity.”

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/annual-passes/

Have you all called Disney to ask about the AP holders refund for the amount of time of closure? Maybe that would be worth it if you don't feel like you got your money's worth. Very crazy time, I agree that the product we purchased when buying AP's included park hopping, but things have changed. At this point we don't know definitively that there won't be park hopping. We are speculating. I don't know how they could do park hopping where one person reserved 4 parks, then decided not to go to the last 2.....they would have potentially taken spots away from another guest. So who knows! I am sure Disney is working out the logistics of what this will look like and let us know ( hopefully soon!) Hoping you all have great trips.
But if you ask for refund and they are not selling new tickets where does that leave you ?

I received an automatically generated letter this morning that said to wait and they will contact me.
I received one yesterday.
When are u going?
My DD checkin date 7/12(talk about luck!!)
Thansm
Kerri

But if you ask for refund and they are not selling new tickets where does that leave you ?
Obviously that leaves you not going soon😩.....I more meant, try the refund route if you were upset enough by not getting to PH that you wouldn't be returning before your AP expired( even with extension.)

IMHO the problem with the reservation system is that it does not track when people LEAVE the park. So say the capacity is 20K guests, do you only accept 20K reservations? What happens at 3pm when 2K guests have left for the day? Are people on "standy", are people lined up at the gates waiting for capacity, will Disney over-book to keep it at "full" capacity? Having not been during NYE time frame what does WDW usually do when the reach capacity?

It's hardly a perfect system for sure.

I am wondering if they will have people scan when they leave the park once they open it up for hopping,

From my friend who is a TA they are not going to allow hopping right away and park hopper option will be refunded,

Now, things are changing rapidly, and could change, but that is what she was advised to tell her clients.

And what about park hopping? Does that mean if you want to visit all 4 parks in one day people will have to "book" all for parks for that day?

I thought initially they were not going to do park hopping. I don't think it was official, but some media sources have been heavily leaning that way. I just think in the beginning, things will be restricted. Just like many of us have restrictions currently at home. It's not going to be the Disney for everyone.

I am wondering if they will have people scan when they leave the park once they open it up for hopping,

From my friend who is a TA they are not going to allow hopping right away and park hopper option will be refunded,

Now, things are changing rapidly, and could change, but that is what she was advised to tell her clients.
Does your friend have any knowledge of whether the park reservation day will be before or after the 60 day ADR day now? At least if it's after we will be able to plan what park we are going to try to reserve that day based off of our dining reservations!

Does your friend have any knowledge of whether the park reservation day will be before or after the 60 day ADR day now? At least if it's after we will be able to plan what park we are going to try to reserve that day based off of our dining reservations!

I think they will do park reservations first, and then dining, if they even do dining reservations. They don't want to have to guarantee entry to a park, because you have a dining reservation. At least initially, who knows what will happen September and beyond.

I think they will do park reservations first, and then dining, if they even do dining reservations. They don't want to have to guarantee entry to a park, because you have a dining reservation. At least initially, who knows what will happen September and beyond.
That definitely would work much better for them....but the email said that the ADR window would be 60 days before your reservation began right? So when would the park reservation need to be, at 90 days? Or you think they made up the 60 days and won't really have ADR's?

That definitely would work much better for them....but the email said that the ADR window would be 60 days before your reservation began right? So when would the park reservation need to be, at 90 days? Or you think they made up the 60 days and won't really have ADR's?

60 days before your resort reservation, not ADR. I don't know if they will do ADRs in the first month or so. Many of us are already at our 60 day window. I think that they will do ADRs later though.

60 days before your resort reservation, not ADR. I don't know if they will do ADRs in the first month or so. Many of us are already at our 60 day window. I think that they will do ADRs later though.
Ah okay, I must have misunderstood! Thanks😩...... That's possibly going to make table service difficult at first

All ADRs are on hold right now and it sounded like that as long as the park reservation system is in place, ADRs will only be available for booking after a guest has secured their reservations,

That leads us to believe that the 60 day ADR window will go into effect either after this whole park reservation is done or that one up and running, other than July, people will be securing park days prior to the 60 day mark,

For the initial bookings, it does sound like no ADRs at all will be available before park days have been reserved, include for reservations farther out whose window for park reservations hasn’t even opened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter