New shampoo containers?

If the holder is not locked, I expect a lot of product to be walking away. That would probably be the only way this would stop, is if they are having to replace the bottles when they are relatively full. I can't imagine it's that much cheaper to put the little tubes in daily than putting the big bottles in a few times a week, depending on turnover.

The fact that it's not locked has me even more concerned about people putting something in the bottles as a "prank". Nothing like putting Nair on your head instead of conditioner, or pumping a handful of soap with dye that leaves your hands red or blue or purple or green. Nothing would surprise me these days. I'll just take my own products, thanks . . .
Not quite the same but had someone let the air out of one of my tires at the movie theater in 10 degree weather. Never overestimate the degree of stupidity out there.

I did not mean to start a debate, it is just a personal thing for me....I do get that people stand naked in a shower. I Lysol the heck out of everything upon check in (which I know it not 100% effective). However, this is a communal type bottle. It just freaks me out. Think about it, a person has a wash cloth that they have washed themselves with, they put it up to the pump, touching the washcloth they have just rubbed on their soiled body to the nozzle of the pump probably making direct contact. PLUS when the soap will pumps out what does not land on the washcloth will either hang on the tip of the nozzle or hang out there for the next persons pump, or even worse kind of suck back up in to the bottle....now you are touching your washcloth to that.....to each their own, it is just not for me.

Thanks for taking the time to explain.

I really don't see the "yuck" factor here, unless you're talking about aesthetics.

Some posters have mentioned contamination and germs. :confused3 We're talking about soap, right? Do people plan to drink it? That's what we use to get RID of germs. Hard to see the contamination risk there.

Im okay with them. If I get edgy after reading 10 months of posts about folks getting infection, I'll just bring my own. In the meantime, I use dispensers in washrooms and have never had any issues.

I want my little bottles. Especially at $500 + a night, I want my little bottles. Motel 6, Red Roof Inn, Quality Inn, etc. I understand the dispensers, but at a 're$ort', I want my little bottles. I'll still go to Disney, but I want my little bottles.

Thank you for posting this thread...I had no idea they were switching out from the little bottles to these large ones. I too am worried about people pulling a "prank" by putting something gross/mean in the bottles, and about the mold factor. I usually rely on the little bottles for shampoo and conditioner, but I will definitely be bringing my own on my next trip. Thanks again for the heads up!

I want my little bottles... I want my little bottles... I want my little bottles. I'll still go to Disney, but I want my little bottles.

Me, too! I usually bring my own stuff because if have sensitive skin and 'difficult' hair, but I always take home a set of the little bottles to have in our guest bathroom when people visit.

Me, too! I usually bring my own stuff because if have sensitive skin and 'difficult' hair, but I always take home a set of the little bottles to have in our guest bathroom when people visit.

And that is probably why they are doing away with them. Not you personally, but I bet you people would ask for more and then take it all home.

And that is probably why they are doing away with them. Not you personally, but I bet you people would ask for more and then take it all home.

I don't know about that... I never asked for extra and just figure they would have to throw them away if I didn't take them. My guess is that it has something to do with large amounts of plastic waste generated by the little bottles.

We stay 'in' Disney for the extra touches they do, but the last 2 years or so they seem to want to take some of that away little by little to see how much they can get away with. Extra Magic hours were a miss last summer, not to mention MK closing at 10. Knocking on the door for a mandatory security check, survey asking if you'd pay for parking when staying at the resort.. etc. I'm all for the environment, but this is a money saving thing for them. I won't use the dispenser, I'll hit Publix when we get there. We'll just stay off property if they cut too much. At some point you start comparing off property prices. Three years ago I only priced Disney resorts, this year we started looking at other places to stay.

No, trust me, the Ritz, the Four Seasons, and all else, WANT you to take them. Google it.

Problem is, they want to cut costs. I get it. I also bring my own WEN style cleansing conditioner, my own soap (I use a combination of Dial and Dove, so bring both, a couple bars of each, and throw them out when I leave).

I wouldn't use a dispenser on the wall, my own choice. Others may do as they wish! I'm sure they're fine.

No, trust me, the Ritz, the Four Seasons, and all else, WANT you to take them. Google it.

Problem is, they want to cut costs. I get it. I also bring my own WEN style cleansing conditioner, my own soap (I use a combination of Dial and Dove, so bring both, a couple bars of each, and throw them out when I leave).

I wouldn't use a dispenser on the wall, my own choice. Others may do as they wish! I'm sure they're fine.

Yup Disney doesn't want you to take them. Doesn't matter what other companies do.

I want my little bottles. Especially at $500 + a night, I want my little bottles. Motel 6, Red Roof Inn, Quality Inn, etc. I understand the dispensers, but at a 're$ort', I want my little bottles. I'll still go to Disney, but I want my little bottles.
Originally the Value Resorts had Shower soap/shampoo wall-mounted dispensers and they were eventually taken out and replaced with the little bottles AS AN UPGRADE IN AMENITIES for the Values.

Now they are going BACK to them in the Values-makes no sense!:)

Originally the Value Resorts had Shower soap/shampoo wall-mounted dispensers and they were eventually taken out and replaced with the little bottles AS AN UPGRADE IN AMENITIES for the Values.

Now they are going BACK to them in the Values-makes no sense!:)

Sure it does. They can save money and say they are being even more green. In reality they look tacky.

Has anyone e-mailed Disney about this? I would be curious as to if you get any real answer if the fear of contamination is brought up.

Yep to that! I love to take home my little soaps & body wash bottles, they remind me of my beautiful summer trip in the cold NY winter months! :beach:

Sure it does. They can save money and say they are being even more green. In reality they look tacky.

Has anyone e-mailed Disney about this? I would be curious as to if you get any real answer if the fear of contamination is brought up.

Yes, I agree that they look tacky and just feel - in a word yuk :sad2: But yes only e-mail complaints will (possibly) do anything about it

This doesn't surprise me. Has anyone stayed in the National Parks? At the in-park lodging we've stayed at, they use these containers as part of their "greenness"-saves waste from all the little plastic shampoos, etc.

Why not just wait and see how it plays out. Its a change but doesn't mean it will be bad, there may be kinks that need worked out. If it doesn't work out they may try something new. Its not rocket science if you don't like bring your own, like many do as is because they prefer there own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter